[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

"
VenatorPoE wrote:
Yes, Static Blows is one of the key points of this build. The DPS increase is 0.8 times on average, with a range between 0.4 and 1.2. Just because of Static Blows.

static blows is only a 10% chance to shock. 10% seems low. realistically how often are you getting stacks of shock?
"
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
Yes, Static Blows is one of the key points of this build. The DPS increase is 0.8 times on average, with a range between 0.4 and 1.2. Just because of Static Blows.

static blows is only a 10% chance to shock. 10% seems low. realistically how often are you getting stacks of shock?

20% chance to shock. By saying Static Blows I refer to the two shock chance nodes in that ring. Realistically when using Lightning Arrow and Chain, your chance to shock is "higher" simply because of the frequency the mobs get hit at.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Is there any better Quiver for this build than this one?
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
Camaron wrote:
Yah I have the same question about static blows, is it a must? does it increases dps by a lot?

Ty

so after blood magic, i went to the health and ele dmg nodes in templar.

should i get static blows now, then unwavering stance/iron reflex as the last leg of this build?
Does this build use Decoy Totem?
"
Pi314 wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
Camaron wrote:
Yah I have the same question about static blows, is it a must? does it increases dps by a lot?

Ty

so after blood magic, i went to the health and ele dmg nodes in templar.

should i get static blows now, then unwavering stance/iron reflex as the last leg of this build?

I'd go to through UR to IR after that, because I'd imagine you're having dex problems for gear/gems at this point. After that Static Blows, then finish off the dex side to Perfect Aim (should be around level 65 at this point) to get enough dex to equip end game bows. And finally the last top leg of the ele damage templar area.

This is all assuming by "health and ele dmg nodes in templar" you mean Fitness to Catalyse to Discipline and Training, and not the top leg which includes Celestial Walker.

Getting elemental damage nodes at low levels isn't that impactful, it's at high levels that they are important because of your bow/items that have elemental damage mulipliers.

"
vigg2013 wrote:
Does this build use Decoy Totem?

You can if you want, there's one skill slot left empty. I have LA, Frenzy (or EH), Bear Trap, and the three auras (Grace, Wrath, Anger), I still have one skill slot left that I haven't had a pressing need to fill yet (though at this point it's probably going to be Warlord's Mark).
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Feb 12, 2013, 10:13:31 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! I know you recommend meleeing at first, but I have a 21 marauder who has already followed the basic passive tree...With some Dex gear, could he start using a bow now?
"
vigg2013 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply! I know you recommend meleeing at first, but I have a 21 marauder who has already followed the basic passive tree...With some Dex gear, could he start using a bow now?

Yeah, you'll be fine. I think I started with a bow around level 10, you just need to find dex jewelry and a dex quiver to be able to equip it/use arrow skills. It is a little rough though, the earliest I'd recommend doing it is probably when you get Blood Magic. The most pain free time to switch is when you have Blood Magic and can link your Split Arrow/Lightning Arrow+LMP (Venator went over this before, but Split Arrow is better at early levels because it's a poor man's LA/LMP in one skill) to a LGoH gem.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Feb 12, 2013, 10:49:44 PM
Thanks again. Why is this better than a Split Arrow/Lightning Arrow Ranger? Better survivability? Sorry, I'm a noob.
I'm currently following this build on my marauder and everything makes sense for the most part.

One question I do have, however, is if I were to use a curse, which would make the most sense?

Elemental weakness for the added resistance penetration or projectile weakness for the pure boost to damage and piercing (and a bit of knockback, which might make life easier with a really high attack speed)?

Awesome guide, keep plinking :)
You meta not come at me with that garbage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info