[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

I figured. i just bought the death's harp like right before getting that bow to drop, so i was trying to find a use for it >.<

Thanks for the info
I died yesterday with my level 64 Marauder. I'm thinking about something else now and bow marauder looks like a fun thing to do.

What I'm wondering is the gear needed on this. Do you go for flat Evasion gear or do you go for flat Armor gear? What about the stats on this? Any chance you could like a few of your current items so i could see what I need to aim for?
League: Domination | IGN : Smmybster | Timezone : Central Europe Time (GMT+1)
"
Smmyb wrote:
I died yesterday with my level 64 Marauder. I'm thinking about something else now and bow marauder looks like a fun thing to do.

What I'm wondering is the gear needed on this. Do you go for flat Evasion gear or do you go for flat Armor gear? What about the stats on this? Any chance you could like a few of your current items so i could see what I need to aim for?

While I'm not the OP, I would think you're basically looking for items that add elemental damage (1-50 lightning, 20-40 cold, etc) while balancing resists, +life, and attack speed.

As for evasion vs armor, this build has Iron Reflexes, meaning you can use either with no loss in protection (meaning, the other stats are more important than the evasion or armor).

A pretty damn good bow would be something like the Horror Breeze that was just linked a few posts back. A bow like that would most likely last someone into the 60s, easily.
"
Smmyb wrote:

This is what i'm using 57, and i've been using most of my gear since.... mid 30's? I wreck merc fellshrines atm.

Spoiler
[

The ring with the mana on it is used for the dex since i cant quite replace it yet >.<
Last edited by Doom2soon on Feb 13, 2013, 5:47:55 AM
For this build, what would be better, lesser multiple projects or greater multiple projects?
"
CrisInuyasha wrote:
For this build, what would be better, lesser multiple projects or greater multiple projects?

Though you may use GMP if you desire to, LMP will usually end up being more effective in this case.

EDIT: OP updated with Iron Grip explanation and other minor details!
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Feb 13, 2013, 10:05:36 AM
I was half looking for a reason to post my gear so I could get an evaluation on how I am doing, and I'll take the above post as an excuse :p

On a side note, how much is Quill rain going for these days? I have been kinda curious as to what it would do to my damage since I have so much off weapon damage from gloves/jewelery/quiver/auras, and if its cheap I might just buy one instead of calcing it out... I actually think Quill rain might be better because if I take (Sum of all my non weapon elemental damage including auras)/(Total elemental damage)*(quill rain attack speed)/(current bow attack speed) I get a number greater than 1... and thats ignoring the elemental damage from elemental hit...And since I use Life on Hit, my HP back/second would definitely increase with attack speed...

Anyway this is my current gear at 69. Pretty much the only thing that gave me trouble in Merc was act bosses and the Roah chargers right at the start of merc, but my gear was really bad at that level. I just ran my first map last night. I didn't die, though I did have a little trouble when a staircase spit me out into a tiny room with a renamed Fidelitas, the Mourning and 2 champion packs:
Spoiler

And this is a bow that I spend scours/alchs/chaoses on every once in a while hoping for an upgrade, and boots I am going to try to 4L to replace my current boots
Spoiler

[edit] was just thinking about quill rain some more, and while I am pretty sure my DPS would go up, I wonder if my damage/shot on LA would go down to the point where my shock stacks might be too short? I'll try to see if I can score a cheap one over the next couple days and play with it. I'll just put throwing currency at turning the 6socket into something good on hold until then :p
Last edited by ShadowyDream on Feb 13, 2013, 10:53:21 AM
i'm assuming we're using LA with bows with low phys dmg because of the life on hit gem? (splash dmg to other monsters also counts as a hit.)

and the main dmg producer is wep ele dmg?
"
return33 wrote:
Spelltotem + Faster casting + summon skeleton really makes hard bosses a LOT easier for me. Decoy totem seems like total crap compared to that. My "skell totem" can tank mobs for 20 seconds - decoy totem gets onehitted by almosted everything tanking for like 1 second.

Is grace + iron reflexes really worth it before lvl 65? Its a damn long way for a lil armor (and the near 30% ele dam ring) and everybody says armor sucks??

I plan to get that inner force ring before walking further down than blood magic (got Maraudar + Templar "start", static blows, unawaring and bloodmagic at lvl 48) with direct link to 6 more hp nodes if i need them (5*8% + Fitness)and inner force looks a lot more attractiv to me than the "long way" now.

Maybe you can just make your way to templar hp node and the diamond skin in the bottom middle and ignore iron reflexes and grace till ~70+.

With quill rain my two auras increase my damage by like 120% (sic!) so inner force must be really powerfull i guess.

Just wondering why it seems to be ignored in OP.

(sorry for not posting skill trees we have very old browser at work ...).

I'm going to try this as Decoy Totem is junk.
So I died on my lvl 75 ranger in HC using nugiyen's build which I ABSOLUTELY loved playing, the playstyle, everything just clicked for me. Now that I found this build I'm considering to roll this one or again nugiyen's.

I was wondering, has anybody compared those two builds? Not sure why but it just feels like this marauder one provides more dmg and survivability as well.

What do you guys think?

(if it has been discussed before, I'm sorry, don't have the time to read through all the pages, but I might take some time!)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info