[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

thank you, after looking at your tree you just saved me 3 skill points by going an ineffective route. will be fixing as soon as i get the +100 all attributes ammy
IGN: DragonOfMany
Is this build viable for HC mode as well?
"
Just died to merciless Vaal Raaaaaaaah
Spoiler

Honeslty I don't know what I could have done about it. I was 6 levels above the boss , all my resists were capped , I had 3K life , 3,2K armor...

I just took a rock + a laser and I was done


I think this build lacks HP for hardcore play , because otherwise I don't see what else I could have done , my gear had already set me back at least 2 exalted for the whole thing if not 3 and all my pieces except the weapon had 50+ HP on it :/


Other than that , it's a good build , but maybe not 100% secure for hardcore

Seriously, what you are saying does not make much sense. Vaal has a predictable rotation of skills, and it is all avoidable (except the rocks, but those won't one shoot this build). I have to say you are wrong, excuse me.

"
KIDA wrote:
Projectile dmg nodes also adds you elemental dmg?

Yep.

"
gkp123 wrote:
"
Completed 1 ChallengeCamaron wrote:
Why does he picks Iron Reflexes? hes a marauder so u can just go for armor gear. or am i missing something?


I think the main reason for this is using grace. Once you have Iron reflexes it adds a ton of damage reduction, it also gives you flexibility in gear choice.

Exactly! Very good response, thanks.

"
There are two ways to build, one for which physical matters (generally not the build discussed in this thread), and one where all that matters is elemental and you want to stack as much flat elemental damage on all your equipment as you can.


It is possible to do this build focusing on Physical damage and iron grip, since LA converts half your Pdam to Litdam, but you would want a different passive build than what is focused on here, and would probably be better off with a ranger/crit build since there aren't very many nodes near the mara start that would boost your bow Pdam.

The damage elemental hit adds to your attack is a flat amount that is independent of your actual damage. Of course, it does benefit more from +ele effects, so it is probably better in an elemental focused build. For a Pdam focused build I think Burning arrow might be better as it does scale with Pdam, but it might not be even then since Elemental hit does add just a ridiculous amount of flat damage.

Just quoting this beautiful post for more people to read it. Thank you ShadowyDream!

I decided to ignore all the Iron Grip questions; and I'm editing the OP right now to clarify it once and for all. I also ignored some of the "HC viability" questions; because it is quite obvious that this build aims to be very safe and bulky. I will check the OP if I can make that more clear as well.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
What's the advantage to running a Bow Marauder versus a Bow Ranger? Is the Marauder just tankier?
IGN: Indiiii
Hey Venator, I just wanted to thank you for making this guide and answering the questions, this build has helped me a lot on my first char, I appreciate your time spent on this, thanks man.
Last edited by Vitor5 on February 12, 2013 11:46 PM
Venator, is this build really gear dependent?

I would love to try this build but I am worried that I will have to farm forever to even get decent gear to get started.
"
indiicheng wrote:
What's the advantage to running a Bow Marauder versus a Bow Ranger? Is the Marauder just tankier?

I can say Marauder has a few advantages over Ranger in this build - Blood Magic, Static Blows, Templar starting point and a ton of HP nodes are closer and reachable faster. Other than that, if you want to take a look at "the great plan" at the end, it is exactly the same!

"
Vitor5 wrote:
Hey Venator, I just wanted to thank you for making this guide and answering the questions, this build has helped me a lot on my first char, I appreciate your time spent on this, thanks man.

Nahhh, thank You for Your time spent reading the guide and giving positive feedback.

"
yongsoo wrote:
Venator, is this build really gear dependent?

I would love to try this build but I am worried that I will have to farm forever to even get decent gear to get started.

The build is gear dependent indeed; all you get from the passive tree are percentile increases or multipliers, and that means you need solid bases for it to count for something. However, no matter how much time you invest in farming your gear or trading in trade chat, you will really feel the effect of every single item you acquire. Just don't worry; play the game, play a character you enjoy and keep building upon what you already have! It doesn't take forever for anyone else, so it won't take forever for you either.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
^

is static blows a must?

im 72 and this is my current build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtBfkOPA6tFE0UcRR1FfAY2xkuGjga2yFgJ-0otSlPKaUyCTKJNZI6UkCgQ5xG107IUFBUSVYEVvpXDVfiWGNZ813GXz9gS2CIYVJjp2aecql0QXTtdPF35XrvfNmCm4Zgi4yMz5BVlwaeuZ7Nn8uhpKIAokCnMKeErKq1BLndwBrEosbY0iHTftSP2WHdRt-_4XPkIudS7DjtIO4O7w7vTvAf8i_z3fT49kj5Y_xO

i wont be getting getting static blows anytime soon since now it takes forever to level and i require a lot of more sp's to reach static blows
Yah I have the same question about static blows, is it a must? does it increases dps by a lot?

Ty
"
Completed 1 ChallengeCamaron wrote:
Yah I have the same question about static blows, is it a must? does it increases dps by a lot?

Ty

Yes, Static Blows is one of the key points of this build. The DPS increase is 0.8 times on average, with a range between 0.4 and 1.2. Just because of Static Blows.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info