[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

"
VenatorPoE wrote:
My setup:

Single target - far far far superior to bear traps

Frenzy - 4L, because you just don't need 5L (unless you BM the gem)

I use frenzy for single target and bear trap as utility , I've actually never tried ele hit yet.

I went with faster cast spell totem, im not sure why i thought it would affect only the skeleton's cast speed- doh.

Heres what my full setup looks like. I have not really found a good choice of skills outside of LA,frenzy,bear,trap,proj weakness. Detonate dead is too slow and weak and sadly i dont have a blue socket for conversion trap. I also play a FP witch and was running out of skill hotkeys where as on this bow mara i honestly cant think of anymore to add.

I plan to get a 6 socket someday for LA and use LA->faster->WED->LoH->LMP and either quality added light dmg for dps/shock chance or chain in conjunction with quality conductivity.

Spoiler
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 11, 2013, 1:43:35 PM
Trying to come up with a mid-70s build to shoot for in HC. I can't decide whether to hit 8 points and go through Fury Bolts to get to Acceleration or 7 pts through the bottom (near the axe damage) and go through leather and steel. That is a lot of damage, but I don't know the numbers on leather and steel and how much armor/how useful it is at high levels. On Softcore, it seems obvious to choose Fury Bolts, but I'm new to HC and am not sure.
IGN: dwreckedarc
"
mmogamr wrote:
Trying to come up with a mid-70s build to shoot for in HC. I can't decide whether to hit 8 points and go through Fury Bolts to get to Acceleration or 7 pts through the bottom (near the axe damage) and go through leather and steel. That is a lot of damage, but I don't know the numbers on leather and steel and how much armor/how useful it is at high levels. On Softcore, it seems obvious to choose Fury Bolts, but I'm new to HC and am not sure.

I dont have any HC exp but the bonuses from evasion/armor nodes is somewhat marginal and leather and steel would generally only give you 4 movespeed if youre using dex armor. i would actually rather invest in life nodes or go through the upper area in order to reach acceleration.
"
mmogamr wrote:

I dont have any HC exp but the bonuses from evasion/armor nodes is somewhat marginal and leather and steel would generally only give you 4 movespeed if youre using dex armor. i would actually rather invest in life nodes or go through the upper area in order to reach acceleration.
"
Nephalim wrote:

Right, life nodes would be preferable. I'm thinking that maybe the way to go is through Fury Bolts, then ignore the 3 ele damage nodes for extra life nodes. The Fury bolts cluster would essentially trade for the ele nodes.
IGN: dwreckedarc
"
mmogamr wrote:

Leather and Steel bonus only applies once. You either get a +% bonus to your evasion before it gets converted to armour, or its converted to armour then you get the +% armour bonus to it.

So if it says +24% to armour and evasion; it is actually the same thing as taking a +24% armour node.

Therefore, if you want to grab something like that, grab the Steel Skin ring near Unwavering Stance, and the first 3 armour points in Marauder starting tree. Those are the best two armour rings right near the build path.

On a side note, if you want a mid 70s build to shoot for in HC, I recommend you don't quite bother with spending several points into the extra attack speed or projectile damage if you can get something better.

My suggestion for a lvl75 build, simple and works (94 points, bandits HP-sp-sp).

Skills for that setup would be (one 5L item Mandatory!):
LA+WED+LMP+LoH+Blood Magic
EH/Frenzy+WED+Leech+Blood Magic(+Faster Attacks at 2nd 5L)
Spell Totem+Summon Skeletons+Faster Casting+Blood Magic
Wrath+Purity+Wrath+Reduced Mana
Temporal Chains+Blood Magic+Anger+Reduced Mana/Increased Duration (cast anger; then take out reduced mana and socket increased duration to aid the curse; then put reduced mana back with the 3 auras on the mana pool)

Take care you get proper flasks running. Get 2x 20% quality Hallowed life flasks, get 1x quicksilver and 2x granites. Mandatory affixes are Iron Skin on Granites, curse immunity for either Granite or Quicksilver (to maintain duration), Instant recovery on Low life on one of the life flasks, and Charge Recovery wherever possible. My flasks are near perfect; I only lack curse immunity on them at the moment (check spoiler below).

Spoiler

Past 75, take the three % iHP points near the elemental ring above Iron Reflexes, take Steel Skin ring near Unwavering Stance, Armour Mastery line in marauder start, and the three remaining % iHP points on the way to Static Blows (that's 12 more points; which make lvl87).
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
VenatorPoE and friends, do you have a suggestion for the 6th gem for lightning arrow? I'm torn between added light damage, penetrate light resistance and chain. The first 2 synergize well with projectile weakness while the last one synergizes well with conductivity however projectile weakness is much better in group play than conductivity.
Updates:

The endgame section wording updated to avoid any misleading.

Added a link to the above post in which I tried to give a very detailed insight into a HC version of this build.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Mar 11, 2013, 4:16:16 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
VenatorPoE and friends, do you have a suggestion for the 6th gem for lightning arrow? I'm torn between added light damage, penetrate light resistance and chain. The first 2 synergize well with projectile weakness while the last one synergizes well with conductivity however projectile weakness is much better in group play than conductivity.

Well put simply any of those would work, and I can also add in Pierce as the fourth option, to make you have a better headache. I would pick Penetrate Lightning.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Well put simply any of those would work, and I can also add in Pierce as the fourth option, to make you have a better headache. I would pick Penetrate Lightning.

One more option to add to this painful list: elemental proliferation!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info