[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
yaqub wrote:
Okay, I'm going for the HC tree - Blood Magic keystone, Grace, tanky build and

I'm here: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBGS4n7VBQVElYY18_cql82YzPrKq53cbY1I_nUu8O9kg=

I used 16 and I have 42 points left on my Mara what should I prioritize when I reach this point? Templar area or blood magic/iron reflexes,ranger area?

I tend to rush BM, then fill in some Templar tree, then fetch Static Blows, followed by moving into Iron Reflexes, and then you should probably know yourself where to go next.

You didn't exactly specify if you are playing on HC league or Default; even though you said you want to go for my suggested HC tree. If you are playing on HC, fetch more of the handy HP nodes around.

Thanks for the response! (I'm playing a tanky SC char just cuz).
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
Pi314 wrote:
b4 the tree change, L&S was tempting because Grace gets counted twice. once for evasion, and once when IR converts Grace to armor.

It only gets counted once. Leather and Steel has a highly diminished value on a character with Iron Reflexes. Rather get a Steel Skin ring, if you want more armour %.

wow.. in that case, i guess i'm not getting frenzy.
i'll get fury bolts coming from the right instead of the Frenzy path near Diamond skin.

plus i save 2 points on frenzy/frenzy duration. and i get another skill point from the bandits quest.

i'm assuming Elemental Hit is better than Frenzy with only 5 charges? (3 default + 1 from tree + 1 from bandits quest)
Last edited by Pi314 on Mar 10, 2013, 4:59:31 PM
Hi I just chanced a Koam's heart. How well would it work with this build? What changes would I need to be made for me to use it?
Spoiler
Last edited by Pride2Shame on Mar 10, 2013, 5:01:48 PM
"
Pride2Shame wrote:
Hi I just chanced a Koam's heart. How well would it work with this build? would I need to get a 5 or 6l bow?

Spoiler

nice!
how many orbs of chance/scouring did it cost u?

yes u would need a 5L or 6L bow since thats your only option.

or sell it to someone for 35 exalts!
(Kripp bought his for 35 exalts)
Last edited by Pi314 on Mar 10, 2013, 5:02:41 PM
You can fit 3 auras and switch back and forth a Reduced Mana cost gem with a Curse of choice, get a 4L with single target ability (Elemental Hit + Weapon Elemental Damage + Faster Attacks + Life Leech/Ranged Attack Totem), and a bow with 5L for nice LA action (especially if you desire to use Chain). And you still have one whole 4L item free. Pretty customizable stuff here. Kaoms definitely makes for a Great armour.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
nice! how many orbs of chance/scouring did it cost u?

2 chance XD

Thanks for the advice!

Im trying to decide if i should sell it or use it for this build.
Last edited by Pride2Shame on Mar 11, 2013, 12:18:35 AM
Frenzy really does not need more than 4 links to be effective so go for it unless you need the cash elsewhere. Im finding it hard to decide on the 5th link for frenzy so far i have frenzy->WEP->LoH->faster attacks->culling.

Curiously, what is everyone using for skills?

bear trap: bear trap -> culling (again)->iron will -> added fire. - seems very sub par but bear trap doesnt synergize well with many gems.

For auras: wrath->grace->anger->reduced mana

For totem: spell totem->summon skeleton->minion speed(???)-> chance to flee. - completely random
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Faster casting should yield better results for skelly totem. That's what I use and I'm very satisfied. Also I find bear trap useless for this build, when you have skeleton totem.

5th link for frenzy - added cold damage or added lightning damage. Also life leech will work better than LoH for single target attack.
Last edited by chaosn on Mar 11, 2013, 6:19:17 AM
My setup:

Single target - far far far superior to bear traps

Frenzy - 4L, because you just don't need 5L (unless you BM the gem)
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
Nephalim wrote:
Frenzy really does not need more than 4 links to be effective so go for it unless you need the cash elsewhere. Im finding it hard to decide on the 5th link for frenzy so far i have frenzy->WEP->LoH->faster attacks->culling.

Curiously, what is everyone using for skills?

bear trap: bear trap -> culling (again)->iron will -> added fire. - seems very sub par but bear trap doesnt synergize well with many gems.

For auras: wrath->grace->anger->reduced mana

For totem: spell totem->summon skeleton->minion speed(???)-> chance to flee. - completely random

For frenzy, life leech should be better than LoH at higher DPS. and also when Life leech hits 4%+

hm.. never thought of iron will for bear trap. will have to look into that.

spell totem/summon skels/fast casting. if u must have a 4th gem, then minion life and have minion instability node next to static shock. (explodes minions when its low on life, dealing 1/3 of minions life in dmg to surrounding area.)

edit:
i put a bear trap in front of me incase some fast monster gets past my skels.

throw spell totem at edge of screen, then throw a trap in front of me.
coast clear? throw bear trap at where totem is. walk to totem. cast new totem at edge of screen. rinse/repeat
Last edited by Pi314 on Mar 11, 2013, 7:27:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info