[1.3] Sidra's Necromancing Ranger of Chaos (Poison Arrow) Videos/Atziri capable

If you're looking for something to fill in the 5 Link Chest, try a Cast on Crit - Ethreal Knives link with a Life Leech / Life Gain on Hit.

We already have the Projectile Damage & Pierce needed for that. That's what I'm running, and am laying waste to enemies even moreso, especially the ones that're close.

Or possibly CoCrit - Puncture - Added Chaos Damage, for the extra DoT. But at the rate the mobs are dropping, another DoT probably isn't really useful except for bosses & Rogue Exiles.
Last edited by Faction3 on Dec 15, 2014, 11:33:28 AM
Bad idea since the build has absolutely no crit ^^
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Thanks Asidra for being so diligent in updating your build to 1.3...and thank you also to the other knowledgeable players who have shared their insight in this thread. I'm doing this build right now - current level 28 - and have been watching this thread very closely. I've learned a lot about this playstyle and this build...keep up the great work!
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
Bad idea since the build has absolutely no crit ^^

Yes...forgot about the lack of crit.

Goddamnit. Was wondering why it barely went off once I crossed into Merciless...Fack.

Hmmmm. I'll just set-up a Puncture + Chain or something for the moment.
I'll probably be running Vaal Summon Skeletons just because it has so much win :) great fun for map bosses and rogue exiles to see 30-odd minions swarm them!
Yeah, I played an Acro Scion Poison arrow build and used Vaal Summon Skeletons...it's basically interchangeable with the skelly totem as it serves the same purpose, to drown bosses.

Funny the build has an open link and no one has really found anything that useful yet to put there, myself included. I think it shows the power of the build, as it simply doesn't need anything else.

May just got back to Desecrate for Chaos stacking damage on bosses...way back to where I started, lol.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Agreed, you seem to have covered all the bases so in a way you could put anything or nothing in there and it wouldn't matter. Great job!
Put an IIR/IIQ combo :p
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
What price would you guys say is reasonable for a +2 +1 bow in standard? I've been keeping an eye on poe.xyz and there doesn't seem to be anything cheaper than 3ex, or about 4ex for a well linked one. I've got a few bows on hand, some magic and some rare, to try crafting if that might be cheaper? Two of them are 6s and have the +2 mod, but from what I've read the +1 is the hard one to get hold of. I'm levelling Empower so I'm really keen to get the extra boost from that!

EDIT - So after chucking about 50 alts I managed to roll +1 to gems on my second crafting bow, meaning I've now got a 6s magic bow with +1 to gems and another 6s magic bow with +2 to bow gems. Should I be looking to craft on one of these?

Apologies if this is off topic, but as it's a key component of the build I thought I'd ask for you guys' opinions here!
Last edited by KingTen87 on Dec 15, 2014, 6:41:16 PM
Both the +2 and +1 are prefixes, so they are difficult and expensive to roll. A 6L on standard tends to go for around 30 ex (and I have a double resist one I'd be willing to sell).

Unlinked you are looking at 3-6 ex, and then you can use until you can afford to fully link it yourself.

Given these prices, I would not attempt to craft one as you'd spend way more ex unless you were ridiculously lucky.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info