[1.3] Sidra's Necromancing Ranger of Chaos (Poison Arrow) Videos/Atziri capable

"
xevven wrote:
Currently using this build:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DAF4ZjtN-fXX-urvjxKIknWJa73rnCgqbeOv8xVb6qvioosHYfyt319aK3Q2QCizpytO-pxm0MHyNfSP2TZJnoId2Sn3jnw==

Any ideas what i can do to pick up killing power?

Take the projectile damage nodes, with Fury Bolts in first, then the other near it and near Ballistic mastery. After that, go to Method of Madness.
"
Hi Sidra,

what do you think about going for duelist area? there are many advantages to go there:
- A ton of projectile damage here now, which is just as good as chaos damage. And Fury bolt gives the needed strength to remove Beef. Refund Method to the Madness cluster into Fury bolt cluster. We can also convert a 9% dot not from the upper right into a 10% projectile node here.
- We can take Master of the Arena for the str buff instead of Physique, if +40 str is enough (Master of the Arena + Fury Bolt). And we get extra life regen.
- Art of the gladiator give us back a bit of move speed we lose from Harrier.
- Mana Flows gives tons of mana / mana regen. To be used instead of the 3 points at witch start.
- We lose cast speed from Harrier.

Here's a 111 point tree.

I have had my eye on this area...it's good and was just a matter of how to get to it. I think you hit the nail on the head giving up the Chaos wheel (50 v 41) and Harrier. Also since i am working with a 114 point tree instead of 111, I actually don't have to give up the 9% dot...although I technically needed +45 STR so one of those nodes still needs to go for STR. But this means more damage, and few more hp, and more mana and life regen at the cost of a tad of movement speed.

I AM THINKING THIS

How's that look? 1 node more efficient getting there by coming up through the Frenzy charges.

All vital stats for the build: DPS, HP, MANA, HP and MANA REGEN, Evasion are up considerably. dps now exceeds 21k! Main post updated with new stats.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Dec 14, 2014, 3:27:46 PM
@xevven have you got a bow with + to bow gems? That will push the PA damage up a lot, I bought a +2 pretty early on for this build and I'm still using it, still looking out for a reasonably priced +2 +1 at the moment! Concentrated Effect will boost the cloud damage too - I only had a 3L setup for a long time and it had PA, Concentrated Effect and Faster Projectiles. I also picked up a cheap Carcass Jack for some extra AOE. I had similar problems earlier on in the game where I felt my character just wasn't strong enough, but after spending about 15/20 chaos to get a +2 bow, a +2 minion gems helm, loads of life and capped resists on gear it's flying now. I'm at level 75 and it's great, so stick with it!
@Sidra : it looks good! The path through frenzy is weird but who cares since it's the shortest one :p
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
thats an interesting new tree. I've not enough regrets to fully go there right now. I'll be interested to hear how dropping Ondar's Guile works out. Also wouldn't the Coldhearted calculation node be better instead of the witch's mana and mana regen?
Since poison clouds now damage totems, is fire trap even necessary now?

Seems like you could use your 6 link for beefier/stronger minions or maybe desecrate.

Any ideas?
Minions benefit from the +2 in the helmet though - what about something supplementary to the poison damage, such as Curse On Hit + Temporal Chains, with something low-damage to trigger (so as not to suffer reflect damage) like low level Lightning Arrow or Split Arrow and then Fork or Chain to hit more mobs? Or even just buff TC with increased duration/area/faster casting/reduced mana?

Edit - TC would then be acting as an offensive and defensive curse. More PA damage plus slower enemies is good from both sides.
Last edited by KingTen87 on Dec 15, 2014, 7:47:46 AM
Ice Shot, GMP, Curse on Hit, Temp chain. I have a guildmate that use this with great success.

But the zombies most probably do the job good enough to keep the mobs busy in the clouds. That's the reason they were introduced in the build. Also TC will override Vuln, unless a +1 curse item is used.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
That's true. I guess it depends what the build really needs, if anything - I'm only at 75 so I've not got into high-end maps or Atziri yet. If there's nothing else really lacking you could always drop Ele Prolif and Chance To Ignite, then throw on multiple traps and IIR for some farming fun :)
Actually starting to play around with Blink Arrow in the Fire Trap slot - fast mobility and another minion(s). The only problem is with my bow, it doesn't really matter how I link them they don't do any damage....but the teleporting is nice. NO decision yet just playing around. Also decided not using Ondar's was kind of dumb, so took off 3 mana related nodes and now my tree looks like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgYjBx4ILgj0DkgPqxGWFHUWvxjbGYoZjhqPH0Ej9iSdJpUqWyyFLYM2PT1fQzZHfklRSn1NklJTUq9S7FM1VUtW-loaYeJiWmKsZU1noGf8akNrF2vbbIxtGW1sbml08XXLdoJ313n2fRh9dX8rf8aCHoJehNmFMod2jX2Nfo_6lSCVLpcGl_SbjZu1naqhIqJAoqOjiqiiqvitSrTFtNG1SLZBt7a7TbvjvOq9Nr6nwFTB2MHzwuzEosgM0NDTftX41orbC91f44Tjn-pi7YPuDu968NX0-Pba-wn8xf66

My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info