[1.3] Sidra's Necromancing Ranger of Chaos (Poison Arrow) Videos/Atziri capable

Already wasted like 15 regals/scourings and 1.2k alterations still nothing.
Can you guys tell me how many ex u spent on crafting ur bows? And is +2 bow 6l better then +3 5l? Bcoz i have +3 thicket but unlinked and is it posibble to make +3 just on magic item? Or i have to usw regal all thw timw?
@Eryslaf
@Eryslav
Last edited by ericcol2p on Nov 5, 2014, 11:21:56 AM
"
ericcol2p wrote:
Already wasted like 15 regals/scourings and 1.2k alterations still nothing.
Can you guys tell me how many ex u spent on crafting ur bows? And is +2 bow 6l better then +3 5l? Bcoz i have +3 thicket but unlinked and is it posibble to make +3 just on magic item? Or i have to usw regal all thw timw?

Both prefix are rare, and in particular +1 to all gems is really rare.
You should be REALLY lucky to it both with just alteration+regal.
I don't know the actual odds, but i wouldn't be surprised if 6 linking your thicket would be cheaper.

For your second question, speacking of DPS, a +1/+2 5L is definetly better than a +2 6L.
Probably even a +1/+2 4L is better than that. In fact, the last two sockets don't add much more DPS, while a +1 to all gems prefix give you 2 more PA level, which are a larger DPS boost.
IGN: Rosalind_
Crafting makes sense if you only need the +1 or +2 - but for both I'd recommend just buying a bow.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Just hit level 65 on A3M. I've been playing mostly self-found and only purchased my bow with +2 bow gems up to now. Because I'm mainly self-found I'm currently not using skellies or spell totem, and I'm also running Puncture instead of Fire Trap - it won't be as quick at clearing but with the 30% move speed I can just kite whilst enemies bleed out (puncture DPS is 600, plus 5 seconds of bleeding at 102% damage whilst moving).

Yesterday I sold a bunch of Jewellers Orbs and map fragments and got 23 chaos to spend on upping my gear. Any suggestions as to what would be most noticeable, either gems/gear or both? My current gear is:

My resists aren't great but I've got other decent rings to boost single elements when needed, such as Lightning for Piety in Crematorium. I've seen some 4L Carcass Jacks for less than 5 chaos, and I was also considering a +2 minions helmet to boost the zombies.

If it helps I'm following the levelling trees almost identically, with maybe two or three different nodes where I needed things like a boost to INT to level a gem. I've got 2 skill points back to invest in EB and MOM, so maybe getting some high ES gear with good resists would be a good idea?

Thanks in advance!
@KingTen87: The order of priority you should follow from my point of view:

1) Buy some fusing, 4L your bow and buy the gems you need. The best setup you can use at this level is probably PA+Conc Effect+Increased Aoe+Faster Proj. And you need Reduced mana and Grace too.

2)Buy a carcass' Jack. More life, more ES, more res, more Damage, more AoE. Then take EB.

3)Cap your res. You should mainly use quiver, helm, belt and gloves to do this. So buy\craft some cheap life/2res item.

4) Get mana regen from your jewelery. Search for some cheap life/mana reg rings and amulets, and buy an arctic armor gem.

IGN: Rosalind_
Thanks for the advice, I'll see what I can find!
Leveling this build in the past few days, plays nicely, is fun and works well so far.

Level 74 Shadow. 3,9k HP, 2,1k mana, ~200 mana regen, lvl 15 AA currently.
Damage is surprisingly decent, considering my Poison Arrow gem isn't fully leveled yet.

Tree right now, will go for the damage nodes from now on:
http://poeurl.com/y5APmI4

Items:

Ignore the gems in chest, just random stuff in there. Havent sorted the gems yet.

How do I break pots, btw? Does Fire Trap work for pots? :)
Is drillneck required to to be able dish out respectable damage ?
Hi

First off, nice build i am really enjoying it.

Although i do have one question. Why don't you take the "Method Of Madness" node that increase chaos dmg by 22%? - You only seem to take damage over time nodes, and completely leave the chaos dmg nodes. Why si that?

redacted in order to celebrate 1.3
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Last edited by WIKARINA on Dec 12, 2014, 1:09:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info