[1.3] Sidra's Necromancing Ranger of Chaos (Poison Arrow) Videos/Atziri capable

That would work, yes.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
I'm currently transitioning into this on Beyond. I was doing the Cold Cannon build, but I hadn't seen this one and it sounded more enjoyable. 43 Ranger currently dual-wielding Mightflays with Spec Throw and Molten Strike. Didn't have a P-Arrow gem, but now it's at around level 11.

I just started the respec, which is why the tree looks janked. Specced out of Acro, which is why I have the 30 int node to the left of it and the nodes up until Herbalism, but don't have Herbalism.

Not sure when I should switch my setup over to Poison Arrow. I tried a few levels ago at the end of A3 Normal, but Poison Arrow's damage was lacking.
Last edited by thursd4y on Oct 15, 2014, 1:57:14 PM
I've been following this build through pretty slowly as I'm playing self-found as much as possible. The only currency I've spent was 2 chaos on a Bow which was 3L and had +2 to bow gems, along with some other stats - the difference it makes to the damage of Poison Arrow is huge. Like Asidra said, this is a key part of making the build work. Even without max level or even quality gems, I'm still getting through Merciless pretty easily.

One other thing I did find which has made the build even better for me at level 60 - just recently whilst trying to get some extra resistance on a pair of boots I managed to use a couple of alts and roll +30% move speed. Being able to zip around the map, dodging enemies and chucking Poison Arrows has not only helped with survivability, but with how much fun this build is.

This is the first build I've enjoyed enough to really want to stick with - props to Asidra for sharing!
How do you have lvl 28 poison arrow (Accoring to the poison cloud dmg calculation)? 3 from arrow,3 from empower, 21 gem lvl = 27. What am I missing?

Edit: Got it. Empower got 1 more lvl from bow too. :)
Last edited by Terawatt2 on Oct 27, 2014, 11:45:27 AM
why a set up with blind and minion life for your totem skeleton?
i think a rarity + culling strike set up instead of minion life and blind is more efficient:

*first u spell will summon your skeleton quicker with a 20% qual culling strike and your pet will attack faster ,dealing the final blow to a 10% hp boss for good drop.

*secondly blind has been nerfed recently and as your totem summon skeleton constantly , no need to increase their life: most of the time there will be your pax cap of skeleton as long as the totem is up.
also u should use a regret to trade a projectile damage and pierce nod for piercing shots:
your chance to pierce is 94% so it's 94% more dmg with your quiver+ 5% dmg from this hybrid nods.
instead, if u take piercing shots, u loose 5% proj dmg but as your pierce chance is 100% , u gain 6% proj dmg so u gain an extra % and u don't have to worry about pierce gem quality also ;)
finally i calculated dot to be 20001.15 with these change and 20191,275 when u will be able to pick the last 5% proj dmg nod.

Last edited by nicoG2 on Oct 27, 2014, 2:41:55 PM
How useful do you find Blind to be on the skeletons? Is it there to effectively keep them alive longer as the mobs or bosses they are fighting have reduced chance to hit them?

I was just looking at the effect a vaal'd Enhance would have on the Summon Skeletons gem... if you got a level 4 one like you did with Empower that would add 18% damage. If you already had a 20Q skellie gem then that would give you a 44% quality boost which would be 33% increased damage. I don't know a) how obtainable that is or b) whether the skeletons do enough damage to warrant the boost, but I guess a lot of it depends on how effective Blind is and whether taking that out would have a negative impact on the build...
hi asidra, i just want to ask the interaction of poison arrow with trap cos im still confused on the patch that trap gem received on patch 1.2.0

Spoiler
The Trap and Mine support gems now have multiplicative damage bonuses that are specific to traps and mines respectively. This means that you can't cast a skill through a trap and a mine for double bonuses. In addition, Trap and Mine damage bonuses now do not benefit minions cast through traps or mines.

the way i think about it is poison arrow is like 2 parts: initial hit then cloud. so put in a trap(damage multipliers and stuffs) then initial hit poison arrow (that could/should not receive multipliers from traps according to patch notes above) then cloud (that would/could apply multipliers from both)????

im sorry for asking you this cos i cant find any other subject expert on the matter. hope i do hear from you! thanks!
"
iskayfleyks wrote:
hi asidra, i just want to ask the interaction of poison arrow with trap cos im still confused on the patch that trap gem received on patch 1.2.0

Spoiler
The Trap and Mine support gems now have multiplicative damage bonuses that are specific to traps and mines respectively. This means that you can't cast a skill through a trap and a mine for double bonuses. In addition, Trap and Mine damage bonuses now do not benefit minions cast through traps or mines.

the way i think about it is poison arrow is like 2 parts: initial hit then cloud. so put in a trap(damage multipliers and stuffs) then initial hit poison arrow (that could/should not receive multipliers from traps according to patch notes above) then cloud (that would/could apply multipliers from both)????

im sorry for asking you this cos i cant find any other subject expert on the matter. hope i do hear from you! thanks!

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but regardless of how you think about it, this quote from the patch notes is basically saying you can no longer get double damage bonuses from using BOTH a trap AND a mine on the same skill. So, no, the cloud will not get multipliers from both a trap and a mine anymore, only from one of them.

Or, if you are wondering if trap will boost the damage of the poison arrow cloud when used without mine, then yes, it definitely will.
Hey guys, im interested in mthis build. I have
and i wonder if this is all expensive stuff i nwed? Bow ilvl is 66-69 can i craft it to +3 gems?
@Eryslaf
@Eryslav
bow needs to be ilvl 64 to have +3 level gem.
55 for +1 level of gem
64 for +2 level of bow gem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info