[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

This was probably answered but cant find.

It is worth to go for double totem node while leveling and respec in merc or its not needed at all?
Question for fite, would you recommend the increased DoT passives right from MoM, or the immolation circle north from templar.

I play in softcore and I ain't really afraid of blowing myself up to ele reflects.

Just wondering how the increased fire dmg actually works with detonate dead, can it go past the flat 18% dmg from corpses max life? And how is the damage increase to the 18% calculated?

"
Asag wrote:

It is worth to go for double totem node while leveling and respec in merc or its not needed at all?

I tried leveling as dual searing bond, but I found still being able to use Flame Blast a lot better.
"
Castif wrote:
Do you reccomend any specific vaal gems for this build now besides maybe vaal detonate.. and if so would you leave it by it self, or maybe pull something out and link it with your reg detonate dead supports?

asking this as a softcore char btw.. so I i were to chain det kill myself every once in a while its no big deal :P

updated main post, as this is a HC build I really can't tell you exactly how to do it on SC.

"
Flapdrol wrote:
I find the Immolation cluster (8% Fire Damage, 2x10% burning damage, 18% fire damage) right of the path from Templar to Witch) invaluable for leveling up. By the time I start blowing myself up I will remove it again. A good use of the free respec points.

But right now I have the same problem as others in their 40s: DD doesnt seem to do shit, so increasing its radius doesn't have priority.

I long for DD to grow to the level where it blows me up (and hopefully mobs as well).

That's an option!

"
starRising wrote:
Added Fire Damage, this also didn't seem to work.
I removed Dual totem was doing physical damage but this did not seem to impact SB?

I guess a better question is what supports do work?
So far I found Increase Burning, and Minion/Totem Resistance to work and of course Reduce Mana and Blood Magic.

Added Fire scales off Physical. no Physical means no fir ecan be added based on the Physical.
As for what does work : Increased Burning, Remote Mine, Trap(?), Rarity & Quantity

"
Asag wrote:

Wouldn't do it myself as it prevents you from using anything except your totem for damage.

"
flarechimp wrote:
Question for fite, would you recommend the increased DoT passives right from MoM, or the immolation circle north from templar.

I play in softcore and I ain't really afraid of blowing myself up to ele reflects.

Just wondering how the increased fire dmg actually works with detonate dead, can it go past the flat 18% dmg from corpses max life? And how is the damage increase to the 18% calculated?

the Fire nodes would be better for leveling as it double-dips. (increasing both impact and burn)
"
flarechimp wrote:

Yes increased fire works with detonate dead, it can go past the flat 18%. It would be calculated as for example: 18% (from DD) = 1000 damage * 1.18 (Immolate) = 1180 fire damage.
IGN: Dmillz
I got a 5L in ambush and I linked ele proliferation, fire pen, chance to ignite and rarity to my dd. my desecrate is creating corpses up to lvl 43 and im in docks cruel difficulty... But for some reason my dd does just ZERO dmg, even the DoT from burning... how?
Last edited by Manemaan on Mar 7, 2014, 9:38:26 PM
How do you do in a 6 man party? Does the damage scale from 6 man party corpses using desecrate?
Last edited by EcNeRWaLJ on Mar 7, 2014, 10:15:58 PM
"
Manemaan wrote:
I got a 5L in ambush and I linked ele proliferation, fire pen, chance to ignite and rarity to my dd. my desecrate is creating corpses up to lvl 43 and im in docks cruel difficulty... But for some reason my dd does just ZERO dmg, even the DoT from burning... how?

Did you respec out of ancestral bond?
Basically a "DonaldF's Detonate Dead Scion / cheap and strong" copy build...so flip, really.
"
EcNeRWaLJ wrote:
"
Manemaan wrote:

Did you respec out of ancestral bond?

No xD the ZERO was figuratively speaking.. It does such low dmg that im doing about 20 dd's until a white monster is dead..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info