PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

Thank you for the work you have done, this is my second build in POE, looking forward to blowing my way to the top!
A question: I am starting from the templar area, do you recommend just following the same node selection as you describe in post one, level, 1-40, just in the opposite way towards Scion??
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Mar 6, 2014, 7:24:30 PM
This may be a stupid question, but wouldn't getting Fire Damage nodes improve the dps from explosion AND dots?
GGG fanboy
"
starRising wrote:
Sorry I didn't read all ten pages of the post, but I was working on a build like this.
I notice you have life leech linked to Searing bound

Does life leech work, it didn't seem to work for me in 1.06 up

life leech is just there for leveling up, doesn't work with searing bond

"
starRising wrote:
Same question
Fire Penetration
Chance to Ignite
Concentrated Effect
Iron Will

it looks like it has no affect on searing bond?

none of them do

"
Dkodr wrote:
Thank you for the work you have done, this is my second build in POE, looking forward to blowing my way to the top!
A question: I am starting from the templar area, do you recommend just following the same node selection as you describe in post one, level, 1-40, just in the opposite way towards Scion??

pretty much

"
h55d wrote:
This may be a stupid question, but wouldn't getting Fire Damage nodes improve the dps from explosion AND dots?

not a stupid question and yes it does but the extra damage is completely unnecessary as I'm already oneshotting stuff and it would just add risk for reflect
Do you reccomend any specific vaal gems for this build now besides maybe vaal detonate.. and if so would you leave it by it self, or maybe pull something out and link it with your reg detonate dead supports?

asking this as a softcore char btw.. so I i were to chain det kill myself every once in a while its no big deal :P
"

I find the Immolation cluster (8% Fire Damage, 2x10% burning damage, 18% fire damage) right of the path from Templar to Witch) invaluable for leveling up. By the time I start blowing myself up I will remove it again. A good use of the free respec points.

But right now I have the same problem as others in their 40s: DD doesnt seem to do shit, so increasing its radius doesn't have priority.

I long for DD to grow to the level where it blows me up (and hopefully mobs as well).

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Mar 7, 2014, 7:32:23 AM
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
But right now I have the same problem as others in their 40s: DD doesnt seem to do shit, so increasing its radius doesn't have priority.

Actually, I'm finding DD to be quite useful (currently level 41). Flammability, Desecrate, DD, DD and things are usually dead.

Gear:
Spoiler

For yellows/oranges, I'm finding I do faster work with conventional fire spells (I leveled up with firestorm, as it's what I had available), but for trash, DD is definitely a faster kill speed for me.
(1.2)Puncture/Ice Shot duelist - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1078942
(2.0)The Party Crasher - Hardcore viable Ice Crash Duelist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1335704
Last edited by RediusMaximus on Mar 7, 2014, 8:18:37 AM
"
Fite wrote:

"
starRising wrote:
Same question
Fire Penetration
Chance to Ignite
Concentrated Effect
Iron Will

it looks like it has no affect on searing bond?

none of them do

Thanks for the answer, one more

Added Fire Damage, this also didn't seem to work.
I removed Dual totem was doing physical damage but this did not seem to impact SB?

I guess a better question is what supports do work?
So far I found Increase Burning, and Minion/Totem Resistance to work and of course Reduce Mana and Blood Magic.
"
RediusMaximus wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"

Actually, I'm finding DD to be quite useful (currently level 41). Flammability, Desecrate, DD, DD and things are usually dead.

For yellows/oranges, I'm finding I do faster work with conventional fire spells (I leveled up with firestorm, as it's what I had available), but for trash, DD is definitely a faster kill speed for me.

Are you playing solo? Solo everything melts (but with SB it melts even harder), but I play in a 3-man party and it doesn't go that fast. Maybe if I ramp up my burning damage (passives and gems) some more it will.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
"
starRising wrote:
I guess a better question is what supports do work?
So far I found Increase Burning, and Minion/Totem Resistance to work and of course Reduce Mana and Blood Magic.

Increased Item Rarity (it clearly says in the tooltip that it now has IIR). Presumably IIQ as well, but I am not in Standard now.

Given the paucity of support gems that do work with SB, a 3(4)L SB, IB, IIR, (MTR) seems an easy way to gather some MF. I currently use a 4L with SB, IB, IIQ and Fire Trap, so that both SB and Fire Trap run off the IIQ (not sure if Fire Trap runs off IBD as well).

Once I find a GGBB, I will change Fire Trap to MTR (after 8 months playing Standard lvl 85+ chars, it is still weird not to just whip out 100 chromes to create what color you want where you want it).
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Mar 7, 2014, 9:38:48 AM
Solo and duo. Haven't had an issue with either...haven't tried 3+
(1.2)Puncture/Ice Shot duelist - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1078942
(2.0)The Party Crasher - Hardcore viable Ice Crash Duelist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1335704

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info