Players are using bots killing the game

"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
Rangers wrote:
Don't worry about me didn't risk anything, I'm not after small things like farming 1 or 2 exalts. I like the game and think its great, no need to edit anything. They should ban me if they think I break any rules of theirs. That would be a good example.

The second time I hear that this week.

Don't be a martyr for a bunch of people simply being bored, which would not appreciate it. As already said, supporter of the game were banned for botting and no one takes notice about it now. The forum structure + the fact that GGG does not talk about policy execution is the reason for this.

It would just be 100$+ wasted. :-/

Ok appreciate your concern. You should fight against the things you think wrong. If I was botting I wouldn't open a thread like this. Anyway leave it as it is, no need to argue more about it. They should lock the thread.
My_Bloody_Valentine
Last edited by Rangers on Feb 26, 2014, 9:07:38 AM
"
braheem wrote:
The problem is you made the mistake of thinking I actually bothered to try and comprehend every detail of the original post...

I skim what isn't written well, and I have no stake in the overall argument. That doesn't take away anything from my observations though, because I found a poor argument and I addressed it. I've seen the same trend in many threads and that's what I pointed out.

So, you don't know what they're actually talking about, you just think you know what they're talking about and inform everyone of your prejudice.

"
Your little paraphrasing of the argument there is very cute but sorry I don't accept it. I read his posts in their entirety, and he isn't presenting those questions, he is asserting they are indeed marginal and that the issue is overblown. He is presenting his own argument, not asking questions as counterpoints.

That's because if he's right then he invalidates the claims of the OP by virtue of being correct. But by providing a counter-point he is still contributing to the thread by attempting to show weakness in the arguments the OP made. Now I happen to believe his argument itself is weak and can ultimately be refuted, but the correct way to approach it is to engage in the content of what he said on its merits and show why the OP's claims are indeed correct. But that would, you know, take effort. So much easier to resort to ad-hominems.

"
This is now becoming a huge waste of my time.

Well I'm starting to think you were just wasting everyone's time to begin with.
"

So, you don't know what they're actually talking about, you just think you know what they're talking about and inform everyone of your prejudice.

No.. it was more so that I didn't see him provide exact numbers in his OP (still not really sure if he did but I haven't read it again yet), but that's irrelevant and now your attacking a strawman to save face. My argument has nothing to do with the overall argument and you keep assuming that it does. Stop that. I responded to a claim in this thread that had the typical language and poor argumentation that resembles the white knight responses I see all over this forum. How difficult is that to understand?

"

That's because if he's right then he invalidates the claims of the OP by virtue of being correct. But by providing a counter-point he is still contributing to the thread by attempting to show weakness in the arguments the OP made. Now I happen to believe his argument itself is weak and can ultimately be refuted, but the correct way to approach it is to engage in the content of what he said on its merits and show why the OP's claims are indeed correct. But that would, you know, take effort. So much easier to resort to ad-hominems.

Really not sure what you're going on about here. There is no way he can prove to be right and the support for his argument contradicts his own conclusion. His premise is that there is no accessible data about the scale of botting or RMT, but his conclusion is that it is marginal and overblown, that is not a valid argument... Your summary is not representative at all of the discussion.

Let me also make something clear. I don't need to engage in the OP's claims to refute the argument I addressed. Please don't lecture me on the correct way to approach this sort of thing. It is very clear by his language that he came in here to call people who believe this issue is a big deal what i'm going to paraphrase as 'nutters' and that he made his own argument.

"

Well I'm starting to think you were just wasting everyone's time to begin with.

Think what you want, everything I've just said is convincing. I'm done here.
"
braheem wrote:
No.. it was more so that I didn't see him provide exact numbers in his OP (still not really sure if he did but I haven't read it again yet), but that's irrelevant and now your attacking a strawman to save face. My argument has nothing to do with the overall argument and you keep assuming that it does. Stop that. I responded to a claim in this thread that had the typical language and poor argumentation that resembles the white knight responses I see all over this forum. How difficult is that to understand?

Because the response is not what you say it is. I don't see how it's a straw man to point out that you cried foul over a legal tackle and someone then went on to explain to you why it was a legal tackle.

"
Let me also make something clear. I don't need to engage in the OP's claims to refute the argument I addressed. Please don't lecture me on the correct way to approach this sort of thing. It is very clear by his language that he came in here to call people who believe this issue is a big deal what i'm going to paraphrase as 'nutters' and that he made his own argument.

Sigh.

Again.

If the feedback presented to the devs is actually true, but is premised on faulty logic, the devs have no choice but to dismiss the conclusions supported by the faulty logic. The fact that RMTers and Botters are a plague on the PoE economy is what's important here, and making sure that people like Anubite can't poke any holes in the argument (which he did, tbh) is important by extension.

"
Think what you want, everything I've just said is convincing. I'm done here.

If you say so. :P
"
braheem wrote:
This is now becoming a huge waste of my time.

You definitely started that.

You are not bringing anything here but flaming Anubite, are you some kind of troll actually ?
You have no basis to complain, there has not been sources/real facts/figures given, you are just complaining for free basically.
You don't actually have anything to refute, you have no arguments, you have just been trying to discredit him ( for free ? ) : this is "quite" a toxic behaviour.
You are not convincing at all, in fact I'm pretty sure that no one has been convinced by you, for reason already said by me and other people

"
Rangers wrote:
Ok appreciate your concern. You should fight against the things you think wrong. If I was botting I wouldn't open a thread like this. Anyway leave it as it is, no need to argue more about it. They should lock the thread.

he does not imply that you are botting, he does just imply that by trying to prove that people are botting - using a bot - you could get banned, and that it already happened to other people ( and that you should then be careful ).

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 26, 2014, 9:57:03 AM
Spoiler
"
Sa_Re wrote:
"
To play this game without trading makes the game actually really fucking hard.

Lol no.

"
Of course after a few playthroughs you can anticipate most of whats going to be thrown at you and being prepared but even then there is always the possibility that a fully prepared character gets completely slaughtered simply because the stars aligned and paired some nasty mobs with some nasty mods.

Same with traded gear.

"Lol no?"It seems that you played too long with big currency supply,to remember how hard leveling self-found is if you get bad luck with RNG.Now it was made little easier with introduction with recipes that make it much more managable,but I remember leveling my first character,a Marauder using 2h maces,doing maps with weapon that had around 260 pdps,because I didn't get single good mace ever.Not to mention lack of gems I needed for my build,which I had to buy,waiting for merciless library quest to finally get multistrike.
One of these days I am going to canonize these weekly Rangers "[X] is killing the game" threads.

As a comedy series.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
ugh, reading through threads like theses is like watching two hobos fighting over a slice of cheese.

You make it sounds as if that's unappealing.
zombiedismembermentfuckyeah!
"
RandallMourn wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
ugh, reading through threads like theses is like watching two hobos fighting over a slice of cheese.

You make it sounds as if that's unappealing.

its funny the first few times , but then it hits you just how sad and depressing the whole thing is.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
its funny the first few times , but then it hits you just how sad and depressing the whole thing is.

That's an excellent point that I hadn't considered.

As for the topic at hand, I'll just say I appreciate the OP's concern regarding the issue. Regardless of its presentation, or even if one agrees or diagrees with the premise, it's good to have players who care about potential threats to the game.
zombiedismembermentfuckyeah!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info