Players are using bots killing the game

"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
anubite wrote:
but you've seen the statistics haven't you guys? we're SWARMED with bots, there's exactly 70,450--

wait, we have no idea how many bots or RMTers really exist; according to most people on the forums anyone with more than 3 exalts on hand is likely a botter/RMTer

The issue is overblown.

I'll continue this discussion in the spirit of the latest trends.

You are delusional and a fanboy for saying this, clearly. Also Alpha member who clearly takes advantage of your position every way imaginable and lacks any deep insight into the game shown in the heavy bugs and technical issues presented in each patch by GGG.

In the continuity of this thread we shall jerk each other off as we are both Supporter of GGG.

You're delusional and an anti-fanboy for saying this, seriously, there's no empirical evidence for botters or RMTers, it's all hearsy and conjecture, you look and everybody else look like a raving lunatic. If someone somehow so much as has 10% more wealth than you, you'll cry, "RMTERRRR!!!!111" "THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN POSSIBLY GET ALL THAT WEALTH LEGIT" - Hegemony talks about this all the time and look at his glorious stash of crap. Ugh.

I may not offer the deepest insight, but I believe I offer more concrete feedback than necessary, as an alpha member. Certainly more than I see most people present.

The very least you should be is skeptical about claims that there are "RMT trends" -- who has data to support a "trend"? Where do you get this data from? Your ass?

I only emphasize this because nobody else seems to bring this point up. Somebody has to be the unpopular voice of reason.

There is no empirical evidence for positive or negative trends in botting or the RMT. RMT and botting of course, exists, but to what extent does it effect the community? We have absolutely no idea because GGG does not share that data with us; nobody here can provide it either.

Most RMT/botting threads are just thinly veiled "buff drop rates" threads, which we honestly don't need; PoE is easy enough as it is thanks.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Feb 25, 2014, 8:34:12 PM
^
It is only easy if you bypass all forms of heavy RNG by trading. To play this game without trading makes the game actually really fucking hard. Of course after a few playthroughs you can anticipate most of whats going to be thrown at you and being prepared but even then there is always the possibility that a fully prepared character gets completely slaughtered simply because the stars aligned and paired some nasty mobs with some nasty mods.

I dont know why so many people ignore this fact when they try to claim that all we want is for easy BiS and other such nonsense.
"
anubite wrote:

Most RMT/botting threads are just thinly veiled "buff drop rates" threads, which we honestly don't need; PoE is easy enough as it is thanks.
Yay, for every 1000 people on the forums who are crying to make the game easier and can't accept that the problem lies with them, I see one post that actually makes sense.
Hello everyone.

@ OP: Thank you for your feedback and for the information that you've taken the time to dot down here for us. Every-bit helps, and is deeply appreciated. If you have any more information, please pass it along to support@grindinggear.com.

@ Everyone else: Please remember to keep your comments civil.

GGG take the use of bots and third-party programs very seriously and we're constantly battling the horde. We've spent a considerable amount resources and time solely devoted to combating this problem, and we'll continue to do so long into the future. But we greatly appreciate any help users feel that can offer. For the most part we'll be unable to inform you of the results, due to privacy and security reasons.

Please however, keep in mind that as much as we add new methods to find these botters, they are constantly finding ways to get around them, and they don't really care about the game and are willing to break laws to get some "easy" money, while GGG are the opposite and are constrained in many ways.

I do strongly suggest that if you spot any "suspect" behavior that you report them also to support@grindinggear.com with as much information as you can provide (times, dates, photo's etc etc), and we'll do our best to ferret out the truth as best we can from our end.

Again, thank you all for your feed back and thanks in advance for any reports you pass along our way :)

- Mike
"
I do strongly suggest that if you spot any "suspect" behavior that you report them also to support@grindinggear.com with as much information as you can provide (times, dates, photo's etc etc), and we'll do our best to ferret out the truth as best we can from our end.

Or your coders could read the source code of TCP view and add that to the game and ban players connecting to the authorizing servers you should be able to find out by renting the sold bots.

You could reverse their bots and send invalid requests if a connection exists there are many possiblities.

The bot sellers certainly won't invest more money for more servers or give it away for free. They will just give up.

They are many effective simple solutions to destroy their effort and ban every botter.

Cheating in online games usually is a cat and mouse game but in PoE it seems the Cat is saturated and doesn't want to hunt the mouse.
"
Not bad but what the thread really needed was a Russell post.

lol.

I will just state here an interesting comment I heard from the VAC discussion from Valve. They said that for those who are making the cheat programs, breaking the rules etc, it is an arms race between the security (in this case GGG) and teh rulebreakers. What is more, those rulebreakers are often the ones who are trying to discredit the security system, to make you lose trust in it. Things like these botters saying "I was super successful and never caught" sound like very much the same sort of thing, they are trying to make it seem like there are absolutely no issues ever, despite GGG stating the contrary
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
"
Not bad but what the thread really needed was a Russell post.

lol.

I will just state here an interesting comment I heard from the VAC discussion from Valve. They said that for those who are making the cheat programs, breaking the rules etc, it is an arms race between the security (in this case GGG) and teh rulebreakers. What is more, those rulebreakers are often the ones who are trying to discredit the security system, to make you lose trust in it. Things like these botters saying "I was super successful and never caught" sound like very much the same sort of thing, they are trying to make it seem like there are absolutely no issues ever, despite GGG stating the contrary

yeah i read that too. its real funny, even bot programs have drm on it lol
"
anubite wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
anubite wrote:
but you've seen the statistics haven't you guys? we're SWARMED with bots, there's exactly 70,450--

wait, we have no idea how many bots or RMTers really exist; according to most people on the forums anyone with more than 3 exalts on hand is likely a botter/RMTer

The issue is overblown.

I'll continue this discussion in the spirit of the latest trends.

You are delusional and a fanboy for saying this, clearly. Also Alpha member who clearly takes advantage of your position every way imaginable and lacks any deep insight into the game shown in the heavy bugs and technical issues presented in each patch by GGG.

In the continuity of this thread we shall jerk each other off as we are both Supporter of GGG.

there's no empirical evidence for botters or RMTers, it's all hearsy and conjecture, you look and everybody else look like a raving lunatic.

Huh? You can't be that naive...

"

RMT and botting of course, exists, but to what extent does it effect the community?

Oh, so they exist now. Glad you changed your mind there bud.

"

There is no empirical evidence for positive or negative trends in botting or the RMT.

So because we don't know to what extent it affects the community, we should ignore it? How exactly is this issue overblown? Why is it in your interest to come to these types of threads and attempt to shut them down with "reason"?

"

I may not offer the deepest insight, but I believe I offer more concrete feedback than necessary, as an alpha member.

You offer no insight, and none of your feedback has been concrete so far. That's the problem with posters on this forum, they think that they are automatically authorities on matters and that lends them some credibility for 'concrete' feedback.

"

I thought you were the voice of reason? How did you get to this conclusion? Where is your empirical evidence? LOL

Every thread in this forum has atleast one white-knight that, for no apparent reason at all, likes to shoot down any criticism or negative observation about the current state of the game. It's very interesting to observe this sort of behaviour extend from what's more well known to be blind patriotism and make its way to video game fanboyism.
"
braheem wrote:
Huh? You can't be that naive...

I believe that you don't understand the meaning of "empirical" ( or "naive" ).

"
Hilbert wrote:
"

Or your coders could read the source code of TCP view and add that to the game and ban players connecting to the authorizing servers you should be able to find out by renting the sold bots.

You could reverse their bots and send invalid requests if a connection exists there are many possiblities.

The bot sellers certainly won't invest more money for more servers or give it away for free. They will just give up.

They are many effective simple solutions to destroy their effort and ban every botter.

Aaannnd another post @"I know better how to program it than your team GGG ! Seriously what the hell are you doing ? it's easy !"
Why don't you apply at GGG's ?
=/
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Aaannnd another post @"I know better how to program it than your team GGG ! Seriously what the hell are you doing ? it's easy !"
Why don't you apply at GGG's ?
=/

For starters I don't live in NZ?

And as far I know even the distance between Auckland and Wellington are ~500km so even NZ alone wouldn't be enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info