Players are using bots killing the game

Yeah sure, because otherwise you would have changed this game in a much better way, too bad.

You got my point I think...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 26, 2014, 4:27:15 AM
Hey guys,

Please don't antagonize and attack other users, and be sure to keep your replies constructive and on-topic. I refer to the forum guidelines as follows:

Forum Guidelines and Naming Policy
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.
"
braheem wrote:

Every thread in this forum has atleast one white-knight that, for no apparent reason at all, likes to shoot down any criticism or negative observation about the current state of the game. It's very interesting to observe this sort of behaviour extend from what's more well known to be blind patriotism and make its way to video game fanboyism.

Hah, you should also notice that in like half the cases, the white-knight is anubite.
Old april 2012 account got stolen
Last edited by Freeslana on Feb 26, 2014, 5:17:10 AM
You are missing 2 freeslana but the king of the white knights is still the person who defends the originality of the chisel receipe.

"
Fruz wrote:
Yeah sure, because otherwise you would have changed this game in a much better way, too bad.

You got my point I think...

I would have detected all cheats at last.

My method to counter solve RMT problems isn't really legal but it would reduce RMT to a minimum.
^
Entrapment is absolutely legal when it is not being used by law enforcement. This is the same concept as freedom of speech and how it does not apply in the forums of this game.

Basically, you can very easily be made to incriminate yourself and pleading the 5th wont do you jack shit because this is just a game.
"
To play this game without trading makes the game actually really fucking hard.

Lol no.

"
Of course after a few playthroughs you can anticipate most of whats going to be thrown at you and being prepared but even then there is always the possibility that a fully prepared character gets completely slaughtered simply because the stars aligned and paired some nasty mobs with some nasty mods.

Same with traded gear.
"
Freeslana wrote:
"
braheem wrote:

Every thread in this forum has atleast one white-knight that, for no apparent reason at all, likes to shoot down any criticism or negative observation about the current state of the game. It's very interesting to observe this sort of behaviour extend from what's more well known to be blind patriotism and make its way to video game fanboyism.

Hah, you should also notice that in like half the cases, the white-knight is anubite.

LOL, called it, Anu!

This is getting like a never ending trash TV session.
Look at all the black-knights in here riding each other.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Feb 26, 2014, 6:18:03 AM
"
Sa_Re wrote:
"
To play this game without trading makes the game actually really fucking hard.

Lol no.

"
Of course after a few playthroughs you can anticipate most of whats going to be thrown at you and being prepared but even then there is always the possibility that a fully prepared character gets completely slaughtered simply because the stars aligned and paired some nasty mobs with some nasty mods.

Same with traded gear.

Care to elaborate? I personally know for a fact that playing solo/self found makes this game hard. It becomes a constant uphill battle. Playing melee? Well as soon as you walk through a doorway in an indoor map every single enemy immediately begins spamming their skills at you. This is far more dangerous than playing in a group where on average a player will take 1/6th of the damage of a solo player. This becomes even more pronounced when said party player has traded for gear. The game becomes faceroll. The only exception is the one shot mechanics which are still more dangerous to the solo player simply because there typically are no other targets for the enemy to attack.

I find it quite amusing that you can attempt to refute my points with one liners and zero evidence to back your claim whereas my 2k+ hours and 30 some odd characters with probably a few thousand character levels obtained overall actually does back my claim.

So, once again, could you elaborate on that thought?
"
Playing melee? Well as soon as you walk through a doorway in an indoor map every single enemy immediately begins spamming their skills at you

And when you play a range char, for many of them, if you click on an enemy beyond a doorway that has desynced and is actually not in sight .... you end up at melee range, but you don't have the same defences.
It's not a matter of melee or not at this point, desync will screw ranges even more than melees ( well maybe not Cyclone to be honest lol ).

Group play is much easier than solo, this however won't be denied by anyone I guess, but that's not really a matter of trading or not there depending on loot allocation.
You can trade of course, but you don't have to if you don't want to.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Playing melee? Well as soon as you walk through a doorway in an indoor map every single enemy immediately begins spamming their skills at you

And when you play a range char, for many of them, if you click on an enemy beyond a doorway that has desynced and is actually not in sight .... you end up at melee range, but you don't have the same defences.

Not using Shift key and /oos macro at doors is a huge mistake. ;)

"

Care to elaborate? I personally know for a fact that playing solo/self found makes this game hard. It becomes a constant uphill battle.

Personal experience. I usually play solo selffound till merc piety is dead. Sometimes I trade a few gems that I can't get from quests though. Besides a few exceptions like cruel Dominus, everything is more or less a faceroll.

If you speak about high maps I'd agree: For me it's not supposed to be played selffound, the highest maps give players with very good gear some challenge.

"
Playing melee? Well as soon as you walk through a doorway in an indoor map every single enemy immediately begins spamming their skills at you. This is far more dangerous than playing in a group where on average a player will take 1/6th of the damage of a solo player. This becomes even more pronounced when said party player has traded for gear. The game becomes faceroll. The only exception is the one shot mechanics which are still more dangerous to the solo player simply because there typically are no other targets for the enemy to attack.

Group vs. Solo is a different issue. But I had no problems leveling a selffound groundslammer since the rustic sash recipe was introduced. If doorways are too dangerous for a character, use totems, smoke mine, ...

"
I find it quite amusing that you can attempt to refute my points with one liners and zero evidence to back your claim whereas my 2k+ hours and 30 some odd characters with probably a few thousand character levels obtained overall actually does back my claim.

So, once again, could you elaborate on that thought?

My personal experience vs. your personal experience. We both can't prove anything with data, subjective matter. For me, a hard hack'n'slay mode is Diablo 1 Ironman, not selffound PoE.
Last edited by Sa_Re on Feb 26, 2014, 6:54:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info