Players are using bots killing the game

Hi me and friend discovered one of his friends farming library all day long, and was sure he was botting. He was lvl 92 by doing this which really upset me and stop playing the game last 4 days.

I made a small research about these bots. They are actually doing this for months and some of the things they say on their forums were horror story.

All of my hard efforts in this game was only for me of course I know I never cheated to achieve where i am now.

However, I realised all those people with a stash of full of exalts and mirrors were actually using these bots and transferring them to their main account which helps even if their bots get banned.

They are taking the piss off GGG by saying 7 / 10 my bots were banned but still managed to save my drops.

Some say my bots are farming 7 days 24 hours a day never even got banned.

This was working both on hardcore and standard league.

The program is so easy to use and impossible to detect because they are obviously using the mouse cursor to do everything. It looks like a university student kind of programing.

Now players like me very dedicated and hate cheating should push ggg to stop these people.

Some of them says farming 70 exalts a day, doing real money trade and earning money.

The program itself also making money from donations. It is really unbelievable GGG cannot do anything to prevent this.

It also picks up orbs and every rare, now they are saying you will be able to farm maps soon. Please do something about this im sure you can prevent these bots.

Some of the things I discovered about the bots: They all use waypoints, end game areas are now library because i think it gives more experience there.

I am cominng from a computer science area but I don't think there is hardly anything to detect these people. Because They are aware of these bans and they use these methods to transfer the orbs or unique drops to their main accounts:

They open a fake public party
their main and bot joins
bot drops the orb or item on the floor
and the main account picks and store them.

This is the way they keep GGG prevent to detect their main account.

The bot program is simple it just explores any area you want to farm. It is actually even better than normal play because there are commands such as when you are lower than %30 hp it logs out from the game.

Please GGG implement this feature to prevent these cheaters ruin our legitimate players favourite game:

Log out takes something like 9 seconds or 6 seconds. This was how it is in diablo 3 so you couldn't really escape from death.

There are also small programs log you out from hardcore deaths.

I didn't give any name of these bots to not entertain them on this forum.
My_Bloody_Valentine
Last edited by Rangers on Feb 25, 2014, 4:17:07 PM
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2017, 11:52:05 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
GGG slacking about the botting and RMT.

That'll be the game killer, nothing else.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Quoted for hilarity.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Yes, just like it killed WoW and diablo 2~sarcasm
but you've seen the statistics haven't you guys? we're SWARMED with bots, there's exactly 70,450--

wait, we have no idea how many bots or RMTers really exist; according to most people on the forums anyone with more than 3 exalts on hand is likely a botter/RMTer

The issue is overblown.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:
but you've seen the statistics haven't you guys? we're SWARMED with bots, there's exactly 70,450--

wait, we have no idea how many bots or RMTers really exist; according to most people on the forums anyone with more than 3 exalts on hand is likely a botter/RMTer

The issue is overblown.

I'll continue this discussion in the spirit of the latest trends.

You are delusional and a fanboy for saying this, clearly. Also Alpha member who clearly takes advantage of your position every way imaginable and lacks any deep insight into the game shown in the heavy bugs and technical issues presented in each patch by GGG.

In the continuity of this thread we shall jerk each other off as we are both Supporter of GGG.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Feb 25, 2014, 7:00:03 PM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
anubite wrote:

The issue is overblown.

I'll continue this discussion in the spirit of the latest trends.

You are delusional and a fanboy for saying this, clearly.
Also Alpha member who clearly takes advantage of your position every way imaginable.

In the continuity of this thread we shall jerk each other off as we are both Supporter of GGG.

yes on their forums , almost every one of them running more than 2 bots, some of them said 10 bots, i couldn't believe they can get away with this.

This is my conclusion, GGG doesn't have this bot issue as their main objective. They probably don't care to be honest.

Because how can someone play 7 days 24 hours non stop! specially certain areas.

there is another reason why i think there are thousands of bots running in this game, because game is free. They don't care, ban -> open a new account.

These are the players usually selling 10 6 links at the same time because they get so many fuses from all 10 bots and link the items easily.

One of them says everytime i get to 1400 fuse i try to link them it is very efficient.

the other one says, be careful they are talking about you on reddit.

Anyone with 10 mirrors in their accounts should be flagged.

I see some in game wts mirror parties, some of these also buying these mirrors from RMT websites then come to game.
My_Bloody_Valentine
Last edited by Rangers on Feb 25, 2014, 7:14:08 PM
well like you said, why else can ggg do? this is free2play, u ban botters, they just open a new account and continue like nothing happened. account-bound currency/items can help but the issue will still persist
As much as I am against bots, hacking and whatever. Bots don't kill a game. they keep games going. Being able to dupe would kill a game. But not botting. How does it affect your game play?
"
Time2Kill wrote:
As much as I am against bots, hacking and whatever. Bots don't kill a game. they keep games going. Being able to dupe would kill a game. But not botting. How does it affect your game play?

ladders, economy, they will always control the currency, your currency would be less and less valuable if there are botters in a game. If there was no botters, 1 unique you found gets more valuable.

You can never beat a program, it never gets tired.

People like you also wouldnt mind a bot for races, dont they? click the start button let bot do everything.
My_Bloody_Valentine
Last edited by Rangers on Feb 25, 2014, 8:30:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info