Players are using bots killing the game

"
_wuv_ wrote:
"
Boatsniper wrote:
GGG focused far, far, far too much time on the economic aspect of the game; so much so that bots can simply bypass the extremely weak gameplay foundation that would have deterred them in the first place. There is no depth in moment-to-moment gameplay, and bots take advantage of that.

A robotic arm can use a Skinner Box just as well as an animal; the dispenser won't know the difference.

All that needs to be done is to add gameplay that only a human can complete.

are you married
Uhm, no. Why? How is that relevant?
Last edited by Boatsniper on Aug 19, 2014, 1:35:32 AM
In my opinion the OP is just a waste of time.

Of course cheating is a concern but it's not like GGG is not concerned: On the contrary (as mentioned in the dev's response)

They're clearly doing everything they can to fight it, what else do the complainers here want.

Do you want an official declaration of GGG that cheating will destroy PoE or something? GGG will not provide us with numbers and statistics so the community does not know how big of a problem cheating really is...
"
Startkabels wrote:
In my opinion the OP is just a waste of time.

Of course cheating is a concern but it's not like GGG is not concerned: On the contrary (as mentioned in the dev's response)

They're clearly doing everything they can to fight it, what else do the complainers here want.

Do you want an official declaration of GGG that cheating will destroy PoE or something? GGG will not provide us with numbers and statistics so the community does not know how big of a problem cheating really is...
How else do you think people get all those 6-link Shaverone's Wrappings? Where do all the Crowns of Eyes come from? How are there so many Exalted, Chaos, and Divine Orbs in the economy?

Almost all of that comes from bots.

GGG unwittingly sculpted the entire economy to not only facilitate, but also require the use of bots.

How do they combat this? Change trading to encourage friends and discourage randoms, increase drop rates of all uniques by a factor of 100, greatly increase the drop rate of orbs, implement orb upgrading (i.e. 10 orbs of fusing creates a great orb of fusing, which guarantees one gem link. Similar for jeweler orbs), give vendors better recipes, and most importantly, implement gameplay only a human can complete.

I also have this crazy idea where all uniques would drop at every level, but be scaled to said level. A level 6 Crown of Eyes? Sure, why not? It'll become useless 10 levels down the line.
"
Boatsniper wrote:
How else do you think people get all those 6-link Shaverone's Wrappings? Where do all the Crowns of Eyes come from? How are there so many Exalted, Chaos, and Divine Orbs in the economy?

You're just assuming man.....

In fact YOU DONT THE SLIGHTEST IDEA...
Last edited by Startkabels on Aug 19, 2014, 1:25:50 PM
"
Startkabels wrote:
"
Boatsniper wrote:

You're just assuming man.....

In fact YOU DONT THE SLIGHTEST IDEA...
I can count on one hand how many Exalted Orbs I have found. For individuals to have hundreds in their stash, acquired in what ever way, all need to drop from somewhere. Where else than the accounts that never stop playing?
I have not even finished installing POE yet. But as I am coming from D3 was curious about BOTs in POE.

There are 2 points I wish to make regarding BOT usage in games like these.

1) If the most rewarding content is truly challenging a BOT will not work. A BOT is a lot like Microsoft Excel. Its just a algorithm of preset keystrokes, it does not think. If your game is that damn predictable then guess what, it deserves to be botted or at least that easy predictable content does.

2) If everyone BOTs the easy bot-able content then the playing field is even. So long as there is a skill requirement to do truly challenging content well what does it really matter? The game can just be balanced around it, heck why couldn't GGG simply implement their own in-game BOT feature. It would be much like how your character in EVE requires real life time to learn things. The BOT requires real time to farm things, cant do endgame content and is less efficient smart than their human counterpart. Players who play more would still have an advantage but legitimized BOT usage would level the playing field a bit as a BOT could never compete with a human. If you have lots of free time due to vacation or whatever reason or have simply played the game longer (all of you compared with me atm) you will have a advantage. If you are short on time you still progress your character, albeit at a slightly slower rate.
Last edited by HomeBrew4All on Nov 21, 2014, 9:11:09 PM
Almost forgot to add.

Blizztard is currently failing on point 2 of my last post.

They have been steadily dumbing down their already dumbed down D3 game for some time now, the last round of which was the straw that broke this camels back.
holy crap this games taking a long time to install.
Just so you know, bots are literally the least of the game's problems.

The real problem stems from the abysmal net code that the devs refuse to fix.
to me the bots are a god sent.

cheap market prices support my lazy ass, so that I don't have to farm / speedgrind and spend 1500 Fusion orbs just for a fuking six link and then focus on simply having some fun with it.
For the entirety of the time that I play this game I have not accumulated this many fusion gems Yet. So I am Damn gratefull for that.
I seriously couldn't think of anything more boring than farming one map all the time cause it's the most efficient so that one day i will have my 6 link armor after approx 1000 hours of gameplay...
Even the dried lake grind till 75 I stopped doing cause WoW! that shit is boring - how people can even waste their time doing this is beyond me... Can't you think of anything better to spent your time on?

So yeah I'm happy that my one week of fun gameplay can then buy me those Items I need to progress.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info