Build destroyed

"
DavorMarin wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
I dont think you understood my first point ... its not NEW LEAGUE FRIENDLY because of certain uniques it uses, is all I said.

Crazy high prices for Rise of the Phoenix and Saffell's doesn't help either. Also, people are overpricing Infernal Mantles alot.

I'll probably go with Cybil's Paw, Stone of Lazhwar and Rise of the Phoenix. Even though I play Ambush, I don't like to die often.

I have one question- does Inner Force increases degen done on yourself from RF? I guess it unfortunately does.

yes it does, and the reason why he loses a little hp (slow but steady, like a small puncture or blood rage) without fire flask
ancalagon3000 you have quite a history with trash talking other ppl builds
please just take a hike from this post

Sorry if I missed it, but i saw you took some block with shield nodes, when with saffels you cant block attacks. why is that?
"
MalevoF wrote:
Sorry if I missed it, but i saw you took some block with shield nodes, when with saffels you cant block attacks. why is that?

With Saffel' you're basically trading attack blocks with spell blocks. The 2 block nodes add up to 4% for just 1 skill point. It will increase spell block but it's optional.

The whole point of saffel is to take LESS elemental damage. Which increases survivability more than rise of the phoenix.
Last edited by klerace on Mar 10, 2014, 4:32:03 PM
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
DavorMarin wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
I dont think you understood my first point ... its not NEW LEAGUE FRIENDLY because of certain uniques it uses, is all I said.

Crazy high prices for Rise of the Phoenix and Saffell's doesn't help either. Also, people are overpricing Infernal Mantles alot.

I'll probably go with Cybil's Paw, Stone of Lazhwar and Rise of the Phoenix. Even though I play Ambush, I don't like to die often.

I have one question- does Inner Force increases degen done on yourself from RF? I guess it unfortunately does.

yes it does, and the reason why he loses a little hp (slow but steady, like a small puncture or blood rage) without fire flask

This video is old and I wasn't using lvl 23 purity of fire. I tested the new build in respec and no even with inner force you do not degenerate because inner force also increases you vitality aura. Also the new tree has +2 max fire resis.
"
klerace wrote:
This video is old and I wasn't using lvl 23 purity of fire. I tested the new build in respec and no even with inner force you do not degenerate because inner force also increases you vitality aura. Also the new tree has +2 max fire resis.

You break even, you still need leech. Still cant run all map mods or else you lose almost half your dps (80k / 1.58 --> 50k)

The valid points remain

Mantle is terrible and this is too unique item dependant for new leagues

Scrubcore amount of hp% from tree

You cant really run all map mods, or else to be truthful you have to state 'I can run all map mods, as long as I turn off RF on vuln / no regen / half regen / -max, and then its a 50k dps build' What are your plans for AA and / or RF on no / half regen maps? What about RF and vuln or RF / AA with vuln / vuln + half regen? And the cherry on cake, RF on -max ... impossible. Minus max and double / ele reflect?

No fire pen, no life leech linked with incinerate = facepalm.

Saffell as main = bad, the worst dmg in the game is still physi and chaos. And attacks do more damage than the few spell bosses that can be countered carefully even without saffells, or by using normal shield + SOL OR using it on swap. Btw, invasion saffell will be nerfed, its just a bit more spell block than a SOL, you know that? Even 30% attack block is better to have than 75% SB ... just swap to saffell in a few cases you need it.

Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Mar 11, 2014, 3:16:40 AM
How are you able to wear Alpha's Howl with little dex also why not 6 link check and go for leech life gem?
So, uh, its 3 days into the new season, and this guy wants us to get 2000 (two thousand) items to reforge links between in a single item (helm)? I also completely loathe the idea that I could be vulnerable to +100% more damage while I'm on low mana, that's what the cloak gives, right? Crazy unsafe build, you could just create a similar glass cannon I suppose, without those fancy-pancy wannabe mage builds.
I finally got Saffell's today and I'm playing pure RF for now. with 86% fire resist ( lvl 18 Purity of Fire, got it at the start of the league from Gemcutter's ) I'm losing around 50-60 health per second. It's manageable, though. Started to farm Piety, it's not hard, but I have -20% rarity ( 0% on weapon swap ) so the payout is not as big.

Current gear

Current passive tree

Keep in mind that I'm playing on Ambush. I'm overcapping fire and cold resist alot now. My goal is to get as high MF as possible and farm for next stage of this build: Incinerate. I would break my progress of this build into 4 stages for new league:
1. early leveling ( Leap Slam )
2. getting to 65+ ( Leap Slam + Searing Bond )
3. RF
4. Incinerate+RF
Sorry I am a noob but what is discharged used for in terms of this build What if I went with CWDT, Life Leech and Molten Shell in Doon wouldn't that provide an efficient form of survival

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info