Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

Optimal 2 hour Race Passive Trees for each class

I do freeze pulse -> storm call -> flameblast every race as witch. Brutus is really easy with Storm Call once you learn the rhythm to the fight, I usually only take damage from Brutus if I desync.
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
Last edited by Varanice on Apr 12, 2014, 5:53:59 PM
"
kendo3 wrote:

what have you found works best for Brutus? do any of the ice spells slow him enough to be of use? don't want to get close enough to use ice nova, so thinking either firestorm or storm call as you can cast those and run while he walks into them

Apply your face to Brutus' face, then cast spark. Run around a bit if you take too much damage. Repeat. Oh yeah you can throw a few fire traps if you want too.
Last edited by boof on Apr 12, 2014, 7:13:58 PM
i 3 shot him with flameblast in 10 seconds
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
jstq wrote:
i 3 shot him with flameblast in 10 seconds

how do you have flameblast when fighting brutus?? you get flameblast as the quest reward for beating brutus
previous posts was about d:c
in vanilla you get a shield and spark him with medium hp potion and arm/eva chest on
if you forgot to get this, do fire trap+spark-sidestep-trap+spark-...
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
After messing around with Shadow, it looks like Flameblast-Fire Trap is most optimal. Glacial Cascade seems to be the best skill to use until you get Flameblast.

So you go:

Hillock - Freeze Pulse or Fire Trap (imo Fire Trap is best start)
Hailrake - Whichever you didn't take from Hillock.
Glyphs - Storm Call
Brutus - Glacial Cascade
Cavern of Wrath - Added Cold (put on GC)
Sins - Flameblast
Weavers - nothing, the supports are useless (melee splash for ruby ring if needed)

Once you get added cold on GC, you're done with FP. It becomes better damage and it's 180% effectiveness due to hitting almost all mobs twice.

Once you get Flameblast, GC is pretty much useless. Would suggest putting added cold on Fire Trap just for a little extra damage on it.

Tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA3nfVTxXn-_Xwa7Q4c7PlGYw2pLFQQuWOLUedYxzckye0DEZxgwlVSyaVf8YnqS-dFvMmPA==

Order: Spell damage, elemental damage, Blaze, extra fire node, 3x 4% cast speed, int/str.

You can choose to get int/str earlier if you get a good sceptre you can't use, be warned of Quartz as you'll be 1 str short of using Quartz unless of course you use a Heavy Belt (which isn't a bad option tbh, it's still life but less than leather)

After that: Go straight for Harrier. Then, go for Physique if you want it. Otherwise choose between 3% cast speed nodes or life nodes.

I get 30 str node for hybrid dex/str gear, really helpful instead of just getting pure eva gear with high dex and you get some life for it. It also opens up more possibility of move speed boots. You also get more Sceptres. I would say skip this if you get a Citrine Amulet.

EDIT: With this, getting 5m consistently should be possible. The record for Shadow will probably be along the lines of 5.6-5.8m unless someone finds searing touch which has potential for a 7m+ run.

My current record has a lot of mistakes and a lot of bad vendor RNG in act 2 so I wasted a lot of time in town. Also, no movement speed until sins 3.

As a side note, it seems 10% movespeed saves an upwards of 4-5 minutes getting it off the vendor or Hillock, from there to getting to Sarn.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Apr 15, 2014, 11:52:51 AM
"
TheuberClips wrote:
After messing around with Shadow, it looks like Flameblast-Fire Trap is most optimal. Glacial Cascade seems to be the best skill to use until you get Flameblast.

So you go:

Hillock - Freeze Pulse or Fire Trap (imo Fire Trap is best start)
Hailrake - Whichever you didn't take from Hillock.
Glyphs - Storm Call
Brutus - Glacial Cascade
Cavern of Wrath - Added Cold (put on GC)
Sins - Flameblast
Weavers - nothing, the supports are useless (melee splash for ruby ring if needed)

Once you get added cold on GC, you're done with FP. It becomes better damage and it's 180% effectiveness due to hitting almost all mobs twice.

Once you get Flameblast, GC is pretty much useless. Would suggest putting added cold on Fire Trap just for a little extra damage on it.

Tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA3nfVTxXn-_Xwa7Q4c7PlGYw2pLFQQuWOLUedYxzckye0DEZxgwlVSyaVf8YnqS-dFvMmPA==

Order: Spell damage, elemental damage, Blaze, extra fire node, 3x 4% cast speed, int/str.

You can choose to get int/str earlier if you get a good sceptre you can't use, be warned of Quartz as you'll be 1 str short of using Quartz unless of course you use a Heavy Belt (which isn't a bad option tbh, it's still life but less than leather)

After that: Go straight for Harrier. Then, go for Physique if you want it. Otherwise choose between 3% cast speed nodes or life nodes.

I get 30 str node for hybrid dex/str gear, really helpful instead of just getting pure eva gear with high dex and you get some life for it. It also opens up more possibility of move speed boots. You also get more Sceptres. I would say skip this if you get a Citrine Amulet.

EDIT: With this, getting 5m consistently should be possible. The record for Shadow will probably be along the lines of 5.6-5.8m unless someone finds searing touch which has potential for a 7m+ run.

My current record has a lot of mistakes and a lot of bad vendor RNG in act 2 so I wasted a lot of time in town. Also, no movement speed until sins 3.

As a side note, it seems 10% movespeed saves an upwards of 4-5 minutes getting it off the vendor or Hillock, from there to getting to Sarn.

Thanks for the rundown Uber.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Not a problem.

On the note of added cold on fire trap, obviously a +1 beats out added cold, but if you somehow have a +1 fire with green-green then its alright. Absolutely unnecessary, just like a really super small thing you can do to slightly boost DPS.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info