[1.2.x] Blasting Cap Build - Flameblast / Summon Skeletons w/ videos / 中文翻譯 /

I've been wanting to do this build for a long time, and I was fortunate enough to get a quality flameblast gem and a reasonably rolled Searing Touch.

https://poebuilder.com/builds/InquisitorKaede-flameblast I didn't go for Iron reflexes as I felt it was too much of a stretch and a bit too inefficient, especially after the Aura nerfs. I could be wrong on that front, but with a CWDT/IC/EC setup I feel reasonably good about dealing with Phys Damage.

In any case, that's where the build stands now. It's not as optimal as yours, but it's way way cheaper. It has a good chunk of HP and it still is hitting like a truck. Cloak of Flame is surprisingly great thanks to the ignite chance, burn duration, physical mitigation (mini lightning-coil functionality), and fire damage.

My flameblast has a 98% chance to Ignite with this setup, and even at gem-level 12 I'm clearing 70 maps with no trouble. I think I'll be cruising through harder content soon, especially once I'm able to re-roll my Searing Touch into a 5L.
Last edited by InquisitorKaede on Aug 29, 2014, 11:36:59 AM
I'm currently trying to gear up for that build, what would you say is the first gem I should try getting to 20 quality?
I'm confused... no spell echo?

Twice as fast stack building HAS to be the best support gem, no?
I used to put my characters down here.

The list became so long, and I've had to DELETE over 50 characters to make room for others, that I've stopped updating it.

#firstworldproblems give me character slots free or WAY cheaper GGG ;(
"
crevette wrote:
I'm currently trying to gear up for that build, what would you say is the first gem I should try getting to 20 quality?

flameblast
"
Semune wrote:
I'm confused... no spell echo?

Twice as fast stack building HAS to be the best support gem, no?

When leveling echo is fine, no need end game though. You rarely go past 2 stacks (bosses excluded).
confused about the cwdt 4L setup. you say:

"4 Link: lvl 8 cwdt + lvl 20 spell totem + lvl 11 summon skeletons + lvl 20/20 faster casting"

but lvl 8 cwdt only supports skills gems lvl 45 and lower, and lvl 20 spell totem & lvl 20 faster casting both require lvl 69. how does this make sense, am i missing something here?
"
Spokodude wrote:
confused about the cwdt 4L setup. you say:

"4 Link: lvl 8 cwdt + lvl 20 spell totem + lvl 11 summon skeletons + lvl 20/20 faster casting"

but lvl 8 cwdt only supports skills gems lvl 45 and lower, and lvl 20 spell totem & lvl 20 faster casting both require lvl 69. how does this make sense, am i missing something here?

Faster Casting and Spell Totem are both supports, not skills. Meaning they can be maxed out and still function in a lower level CwDT.
Had an unused templar after the 1.2 patch and decided to try this build after seeing it on youtube.. Best.....decision....ever...

Oh man its soooo much fun using 1 stack flameblast and seeing entire rooms on fire and burn away...

Thank you so much for making this build...

1 question, i got a 6L Carcass Jack but its BBBBBR so instead of increased burning and fire pen i only use fire pen in the red socket and added spell echo for my 5th blue slot.. Would it be a lot better with increased burning instead of spell echo? Since i think it would take a shit ton of chromes getting the BBBBRR your build suggests which i dont have atm..
"
DruNKfuX wrote:

1 question, i got a 6L Carcass Jack but its BBBBBR so instead of increased burning and fire pen i only use fire pen in the red socket and added spell echo for my 5th blue slot.. Would it be a lot better with increased burning instead of spell echo? Since i think it would take a shit ton of chromes getting the BBBBRR your build suggests which i dont have atm..

Yes since we rely on burn damage over high stacks, increased burning damage is what you'd want.
"
Pyrelord wrote:
Another thing that cought my attention is
"

Passive Tree

Fire % and elemental % are the key nodes for this build as they double dip into the initial blast plus the burn. Spell damage only effects the initial blast. [/spoiler]

according to the wiki :

The % increased Damage, % increased Spell Damage, % increased Fire Damage, % increased Elemental Damage modifiers and Minion Damage gem scale ignite damage twice:

The damage of the hit/spell is increased, resulting in higher ignite base damage.
The resulting ignite effect is scaled again by the same modifiers.

Spell damage also double-dips? Or wiki is outdated?

"A character which utilises burning damage will benefit the most from increased fire and elemental damage nodes, because aside from increasing burning damage directly, they will also increase the damage of the initial hit which causes the burn."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info