[1.2.x] Blasting Cap Build - Flameblast / Summon Skeletons w/ videos / 中文翻譯 /

Yeah sorry my fault. Was in a rush:

Gear:
Spoiler

Passive Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsI9A2NEFgSaRRNFSAVUBZvFxwXLxo4Gmwc3B2qHwIhsCL0JKoo-ilPKaUqTSpTKo0snCzpLpQyNDT3NZI2xTbYNuk6WDwFPV8_J0GHRnFG10kbSshMs04qUlNVxlXWW69gbWKVZOdqQ2wLbRluqnF5euZ9U4CkgpuCx4M4g9uHZYuMkFWTJ5eFl5WX9J2Ana6f36IApwinhKyYr7eycLQMtfK3PriTwFTUfNgk2L3dBd0N4XPhiONq5CLnauvu7DjsVe0g73zwH_Fs-ej60v4K

Life I got around 3.500 atm (and that way too low)
DPS 3.200 or so
Defense: Resis: 68/75/75 and 16 Chaos
With Grace/Determination I have 49% DMG Reduction

Hope this helps ...

Can you give your skill tree to compare?
Last edited by StorgutBorsit on Aug 22, 2014, 12:50:27 PM
Can you give us an updated build for the current 1.2 pls?

Other thing...
any good for this build? plus the herald of ice damage, think it could be a great combo.
And Mokou's Embrace Ruby Ring also.
Last edited by IChihara on Aug 22, 2014, 7:47:51 PM
OK guys, updated first post with new 1.2 tree. It uses 104 points, leaving 16 left for more spell damage or life. I feel 104 points is attainable in a 3 month temp league.
"
IChihara wrote:
Can you give us an updated build for the current 1.2 pls?

Other thing...
any good for this build? plus the herald of ice damage, think it could be a great combo.
And Mokou's Embrace Ruby Ring also.

Pyre is trash endgame as it destroys your prolif. Hit a enemy in a center of a mob for example, and they explode leaving the rest of the mob untouched without sharing any of the burn prolif that this build is based on.
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
Yeah sorry my fault. Was in a rush:

Gear:
Spoiler

Passive Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsI9A2NEFgSaRRNFSAVUBZvFxwXLxo4Gmwc3B2qHwIhsCL0JKoo-ilPKaUqTSpTKo0snCzpLpQyNDT3NZI2xTbYNuk6WDwFPV8_J0GHRnFG10kbSshMs04qUlNVxlXWW69gbWKVZOdqQ2wLbRluqnF5euZ9U4CkgpuCx4M4g9uHZYuMkFWTJ5eFl5WX9J2Ana6f36IApwinhKyYr7eycLQMtfK3PriTwFTUfNgk2L3dBd0N4XPhiONq5CLnauvu7DjsVe0g73zwH_Fs-ej60v4K

Life I got around 3.500 atm (and that way too low)
DPS 3.200 or so
Defense: Resis: 68/75/75 and 16 Chaos
With Grace/Determination I have 49% DMG Reduction

Hope this helps ...

Can you give your skill tree to compare?

Ok so, your tree is pretty solid. I've updated the first post of this guide with the 1.2 tree. You're lacking some HP via passives (most likely due to char level) and gear.

I would drop the gloves immediately for a pair with high HP, and resists. The jewelery is another spot I'd try and improve on if currency permits.

With jewelry I focused on max hp/mana/burn damage/ resists. While the taming does double dip and give great burn damage, the lack of other defensive stats makes it quite difficult to endorse for this build. As you said yourself you're having trouble with survivability in end game maps. Your moonstone is fine, but the ammy needs improving. You can gain a ton of DPS via amulets with spell dmg / cast speed / inc fire dmg. Also could get some precious max HP and resists if needed.

It's difficult to find the "best in slot" jewelry for this build, as you have to rely on rares not uniques. So finding that "perfect" amulet or that "perfect" ring with the exact rolls you need requires some research on poe.xyz.is.

If you swap out your taming and ammy with items with max hp and inc burn I believe it will help you tremendously in the survivability dept. Same with gloves. You can easily be at 4300-4500 max hp with 14k armor. Yes you'll take a hit to dps but lets be honest, we can spare losing some DPS =p

Thks for reply.

I will try to switch Aurseize for better Gloves with Fire Res, Life and more Armour.
The taming and ammy I feel not very comfortable to change those, for I get important Dex and Chaos Res from the Ammy and DPS from Taming (plus Res).

I will try to experiment with the new options the ForsakenMasters going to give. Maybe I can craft some useful stats ...

Thx for helping and sorry again for my rude words.
Whats your opinion about the new unique ring and boots that add 5-10% and 5-8% chance to ignite along with increased fire damage and inc damage on ignited enemies?

also,is this build atziri viable? if so,how do you do it?
Last edited by Pyrelord on Aug 24, 2014, 8:16:29 AM
"
Pyrelord wrote:
Whats your opinion about the new unique ring and boots that add 5-10% and 5-8% chance to ignite along with increased fire damage and inc damage on ignited enemies?

also,is this build atziri viable? if so,how do you do it?

So, I've been asked this alot since 1.2 launch. Everyone immediately thinks of flameblast when it comes to these uniques.

Personally, I hate unique rings for this build, including the Mokou's. When leveling, it'd be great since you always will have lower chance to ignite. That thing will help against whiffing attacks and make leveling less of a chore for sure. The pyre also falls into this category, not viable endgame but amazing when leveling.

However, when we're talking endgame the defensive stats are needed more than damage on rings/amulets. The only thing nice on the Mokou come end game is the inc fire damage. The rest is a moot point seeing as you have a 100% chance to ignite (with q20 gems and curses). You pretty much NEED max hp, and resists on rings since we're running so many uniques leaving only a certain amount of gear slots available for resists.

The boots are kind of a different story to an extent. I like them due to the pretty substantial amount of damage gained from them. You'd have to rework this build though to make those viable endgame. I would never suggest playing this without dual cursing and seeing as we'd lose the windscream's for the Gang's Momentum, you'd have to either go for the whispers of doom node or try and land a +1 curse corrupted ammy, or a Doedre's Damning ring (meh to both jewelry options tbh).

Once I can get my hands on the Gang's Momentum in standard for some testing I'll respec some stuff and see how viable they truly are. I'm thinking due to being 93 on this build I could drop a couple nodes from either spell damage or MAYBE life and try to get whispers of doom. If it turns out to be viable I'll post a separate tree and instructions for a Gang's Momentum variant.

Lastly, regarding atziri no it's not viable as it stands. I was able to pull it off but used flamesurge instead. However 78's and below are completely viable solo or groups.

Last edited by Solishaw on Aug 24, 2014, 5:22:26 PM
Alright,thanks for the response and looking forward to see how viable gang's momentum build is ^^
Another thing that cought my attention is
"

Passive Tree

Fire % and elemental % are the key nodes for this build as they double dip into the initial blast plus the burn. Spell damage only effects the initial blast. [/spoiler]

according to the wiki :

The % increased Damage, % increased Spell Damage, % increased Fire Damage, % increased Elemental Damage modifiers and Minion Damage gem scale ignite damage twice:

The damage of the hit/spell is increased, resulting in higher ignite base damage.
The resulting ignite effect is scaled again by the same modifiers.

Spell damage also double-dips? Or wiki is outdated?
Last edited by Pyrelord on Aug 27, 2014, 4:49:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info