Massive rubberbanding

"
Of course a rewrite would help.
Choosing TCP is part of the problem.

No, it really wouldn't...the main causes are still present in any code you could use so a change in net code would do nothing.

The simple fixes, the easy ones that people can see at work in other game are dumbed down mechanics like in D3, where you can't miss and your melee can hit from a fair range, also the monsters are no physical objects in D3 so you can run through them eliminating the need for pathing around them.

They could do this but they really don't want to dumb don't the game

The other is the reliance on the server rather than the client which prevents bots and hacks...atm they are limited to zoom hacks and full bright, if they relied on the client more... say for positioning and and combat mechanics you would get hacks that would be porting people about the maps and giving themselves 100% hit and crit/critdamage and that would destroy the game...depending on how much they trust the client they could get item dupes galore and that's just not going to happen

As i've said though a change in net code would not do a thing to the games desync given those conditions are still in place.

As for the servers there is no need to waste money on over powerd servers given that the ones they have now can handle what thrown at them, seriously nothing wrong with the ones the have, as for having more i'm sure they would love to expand but again it wouldn't stop desync if they did, most of the problems in connection come from the users ISP and if the players get that sorted rather than blaming GGG for their woes then there would be a marked decreases in complaints.

And as for why i said you should stop playing and posting on the forums, wasn't that obvious...you're telling the guy to quit because you are deluded into thinking that nothing will be done when that just isn't the case...if you could manage to restrain the misinformed QQ i wouldn't have even bothered posting here.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Mar 11, 2014, 1:30:13 PM
Just died 4 times on a mini-boss because of rubberbanding :/ .

Isn't it possible to implement an auto-resynch? Like every 5 seconds the server resynchs your character.
"
Dooder39 wrote:

Isn't it possible to implement an auto-resynch? Like every 5 seconds the server resynchs your character.

Do you KNOW how many people would complain about rubber-banding if that happened?

You'd be constantly jumping around the screen. They sort of tried that once, and the backlash stung for weeks.
"
Dooder39 wrote:

As drak has said it would be a mess, you can simulate the effects if you play melee, link a low level cast on damage taken to lightning warp...every time it teleports you, you are synced but it's a bloody mess
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Mar 11, 2014, 5:40:11 PM
Welp, I hope the devs will come with a solution soon then.

Tbh, I'm getting kind of sick by typing /oos all the time, or failing to do it in time and die..
Just a suggestion, but perhaps trying a VPN might help? I was experiencing a ton of desync, but after trying a VPN (both ThreatSpike Labs and Spotflux; the former being recommend), I noticed a large reduction on desyncs.

I've noticed tracerts when using my ISP had a good bit of dropped packets and a ton of hops. Using ThreatSpike though, there was no dropped packets, and far less hops.
Path of Exile in Eyefinity: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320584
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

No, you're a child that wants to argue and try make a point, there is no point to make.

As stated at the time of the last desync fix the forums exploded with idiots QQing about desync when it wasn't even desync they were complaining about but the rubber banding which was resyncing them and the comparison of the post i quoted here full of misinformed willfully ignorant idiocy.

When i speak of idiots i'm talking about the idiots here that continue to post such drivel not everyone [Removed by support]

[Removed by support]
Please be mindful not to post anything antagonizing or abusive towards other players
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help.
this is starting to get ridiculous.
I dont post ... well at all. I just try and enjoy the game.. but this IS a problem. One that seems to have gotten notably worse since the recent updates. It is an incredibly frustrating experience.

It's nice to see an official response.. but i would like to point out that the 'name calling' and aggrevation came from one person and it wasnt Jack. The fact that an official response comes only to chastise him is amusing. It seems you can say what you like if you are defending GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info