Massive rubberbanding

"

You can spare yourself the effort, because nothings going to happen anytime soon.

To noticeably alleviate this situation GGG would have to:

a) do a rewrite of their netcode;
not going to happen because GGG lacks the resources (aka. experienced devs)

Wrong and wrong...net code would do nothing to fix the problem.(been discussed at length with the devs and other armature/semi pro programers on the forums)

The main causes of desync in this game are
1. complex game mechanics like hit/dodge/block and other stuff.
2. Reliance on the server rather than the client to stop hacking destroying the game.

They are not going to destroy core game mechanics
They are not going to trust the client
They know that desync is a problem for many and they are working on it but all the easy fixes are gone becuase they are not going to change how the game works...so it's a harder more complex set of fixes that are in the works and that takes time.

"
b) do a rewrite of their crappy pathfinding AI (mobs stupidly blundering into obstacles while trying to come after you or moronically shambling away from a fight triggers desync/rubberbanding);
not going to happen because GGG is quite content with this silly AI as it disperses the mobs and makes them harder to kite.

Partially true, the problem isn't actually the path finding but the discrepancies between the client and the server when stuff like this happens.

"
c) massively invest into server hardware so that a full resync and be handled more often (currently it can sometimes take up to 8-10 secs. until the desynced mobs are finally resynced by the server);
not going to happen as GGG lacks the money (yet).

Sorry but no, the servers are not the issue here, people get desync when they have low low latency and minimal packet loss a better server wouldn't fix it.(hell d3 rubber bands and their servers are far better than PoE)

"
So there a 2 solutions for this problem now:

1) for apologetics: get accustomed to this nonsense and treat it as a game feature
2) others: stop playing or uninstall this unruly piece of crap (2: awaiting removal by admin)

As for the solution...wait, they are working on it but it's going to take time to make sure any fix works as intended...not like the last fix which caused more rubber banding and far far more QQ from ignorant idiots that couldn't grasp the basic concept.

As for you second point...please do stop playing and posting on the forum in particular, especially when you try to ply your misinformation onto others because you're buthurt

@OP they won't change the EXP penalty again it's already been halved.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Mar 10, 2014, 6:30:04 PM
You are correct in your corrections but calling people ignorant idiots is going a bit far.

"
You are correct in your corrections but calling people ignorant idiots is going a bit far.

Hardly, there is plenty of info on the forums, you don't need to go anywhere special to find out what i have said, and when you tell someone a whole load of bull like it's fact when they facts are actual there...that's ignorant and he is an idiot for spouting such garbage like it's fact.

Except the fact that you said it as a general statement.
"
Except the fact that you said it as a general statement.

Go look for some QQ posts about desync, there are plenty and most of them are filled with the same ignorance and idiocy.

Most of them?

My post I guess could be considered QQ but I wouldn't call myself an ignorant idiot on the matter. That's the point I'm trying to make, internet warrior.
"
Most of them?

My post I guess could be considered QQ but I wouldn't call myself an ignorant idiot on the matter. That's the point I'm trying to make, internet warrior.

You're being pedantic, most dose not equal all and if you feel i'm targeting you you must be feeling slightly idiotic somewhere in the back of your mind that a prod at the genuine idiots is enough to set you off.

I never said most equals all.

Like you and your replying to QQ posts, I reply to posts that make sweeping unfounded accusations, and you do so with what could be considered hurtful comments. My first reply to you was just to say there's no need to insult people in order to get your point across.
"
I never said most equals all.

Like you and your replying to QQ posts, I reply to posts that make sweeping unfounded accusations, and you do so with what could be considered hurtful comments. My first reply to you was just to say there's no need to insult people in order to get your point across.

No, you're a child that wants to argue and try make a point, there is no point to make.

As stated at the time of the last desync fix the forums exploded with idiots QQing about desync when it wasn't even desync they were complaining about but the rubber banding which was resyncing them and the comparison of the post i quoted here full of misinformed willfully ignorant idiocy.

When i speak of idiots i'm talking about the idiots here that continue to post such drivel not everyone [Removed by support]

Last edited by lagwin1980 on Mar 11, 2014, 4:02:21 AM
"
a) do a rewrite of their netcode;
not going to happen because GGG lacks the resources (aka. experienced devs)

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Wrong and wrong...net code would do nothing to fix the problem.(been discussed at length with the devs and other armature/semi pro programers on the forums)

Of course a rewrite would help.
Choosing TCP is part of the problem.

"
b) do a rewrite of their crappy pathfinding AI (mobs stupidly blundering into obstacles while trying to come after you or moronically shambling away from a fight triggers desync/rubberbanding);
not going to happen because GGG is quite content with this silly AI as it disperses the mobs and makes them harder to kite.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Partially true, the problem isn't actually the path finding but the discrepancies between the client and the server when stuff like this happens.

Never said that the pathfinding AI is the only problem, there are other game mechanics that trigger desync, like you already stated, which GGG will never alter, as you also already stated.
But, I (and most other players I guess) would be much happier if fast mobs could make it through a narrow doorway w/o instantly desyncing the game.
And, my god, GGG loves their narrow dooeways.

"
c) massively invest into server hardware so that a full resync and be handled more often (currently it can sometimes take up to 8-10 secs. until the desynced mobs are finally resynced by the server);
not going to happen as GGG lacks the money (yet).

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Sorry but no, the servers are not the issue here, people get desync when they have low low latency and minimal packet loss a better server wouldn't fix it.(hell d3 rubber bands and their servers are far better than PoE)

More servers would certainly help to shift the load, so that a full world update could be send more often.

"
So there a 2 solutions for this problem now:
1) for apologetics: get accustomed to this nonsense and treat it as a game feature
2) others: stop playing or uninstall this unruly piece of crap (2: awaiting removal by admin)

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
As for the solution...wait, they are working on it but it's going to take time to make sure any fix works as intended...not like the last fix which caused more rubber banding and far far more QQ from ignorant idiots that couldn't grasp the basic concept.

Welcome to the club!

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
As for you second point...please do stop playing and posting on the forum in particular, especially when you try to ply your misinformation onto others because you're buthurt

Why should I do so, just because you (or even GGG) do not like it?
To get anything done with any company, you have to squeeze where it hurts.
That usulally means:
a) their money pouch ( not going to work with PoE as it is f2p)
b) their reputation

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info