Massive rubberbanding

Bump
bump
Not fixed in patch.

Bump.
"
subversed wrote:
4 more times today. i'll be updating this regularly.

You can spare yourself the effort, because nothings going to happen anytime soon.

To noticeably alleviate this situation GGG would have to:

a) do a rewrite of their netcode;
not going to happen because GGG lacks the resources (aka. experienced devs)

b) do a rewrite of their crappy pathfinding AI (mobs stupidly blundering into obstacles while trying to come after you or moronically shambling away from a fight triggers desync/rubberbanding);
not going to happen because GGG is quite content with this silly AI as it disperses the mobs and makes them harder to kite.

c) massively invest into server hardware so that a full resync and be handled more often (currently it can sometimes take up to 8-10 secs. until the desynced mobs are finally resynced by the server);
not going to happen as GGG lacks the money (yet).

So there a 2 solutions for this problem now:

1) for apologetics: get accustomed to this nonsense and treat it as a game feature
2) others: stop playing or uninstall this unruly piece of crap (2: awaiting removal by admin)

Not asking for a fix, just a lesser EXP penalty on a death that wasn't my fault.

10% is ridiculous for something I had zero control over.
Exp penalty is bullshit anyways, what is it good for? Everytime you die and lose 10% Exp and in most of the cases of experienced players it happens through the desync crap, you are happy cause of that?
Does it motivate you to play a different style, that ends up to be more effective? Limit is reached at some point, and no you're not happy, you are annoyed and there is also a limit at some point. You can paint your own picture of what this means.

The penalty was 15% before. Now it's 10%. Did something changed about the desync issue tho? Most of us would probably say no, probably it even got much worse in time.

Buying lvl 75 Plateau Maps - PM Amount + Price :)
^this guy

Thank you dude.
Nearly unplayable right now. My roommate and I will be in town in a party, not moving, and type /oos and we will move about 5 steps to a random spot we were never in.
IGN: Emfx
If the penalty for dying was 0% I would be happy to overlook these sync issues. As it stands now, however, the game is severely tainted because of it and the penalty makes a mockery of players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info