Massive rubberbanding

"
ghoulies wrote:
It's nice to see an official response.. but i would like to point out that the 'name calling' and aggrevation came from one person and it wasnt Jack. The fact that an official response comes only to chastise him is amusing. It seems you can say what you like if you are defending GGG.

The "Official Response" was to everyone involved, and all parties involved had their posts edited by support to remove some offensive content. You'll notice that no one involved was banned or put on probation. So it was just a fair warning to all to be civilized and keep to the topic and the forum rules.

It was not directed at Jack in specific... otherwise, the post would begin with @Jack_Wheelbarrow.
This game easily and by far has the worst rubberbanding/netcode issues I ever experienced. I'm 38 years old now. Started playing online games when I was about 20 (and I am no casual player, more of the hardcore type). So POE is the worst I experienced in almost 20 years...

It's a shame a great concept like POEs is screwed by something (desync) that should have been worked on in the very first phases of development.

Since GGG stated waaaaaaaaaay back (it was still closed beta then) they would come up with fixes for this problem (but they didn't) i guess it will never be fixed.
DMT:

Load universe into a gun.
Aim at brain.
Fire.
Last edited by Hartbrot on Mar 12, 2014, 11:49:56 AM
"
Espionage724 wrote:
Just a suggestion, but perhaps trying a VPN might help? I was experiencing a ton of desync, but after trying a VPN (both ThreatSpike Labs and Spotflux; the former being recommend), I noticed a large reduction on desyncs.

I've noticed tracerts when using my ISP had a good bit of dropped packets and a ton of hops. Using ThreatSpike though, there was no dropped packets, and far less hops.

Just throwing this suggestion again. I use Verizon HSI, and from my understanding, both HSI and FIOS go through the same servers, and would thus, run into the same server that is dropping packets (my understanding is is that the server in-question has been erratic for a few months now). A VPN on the other hand totally bypasses that.
Path of Exile in Eyefinity: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320584
Apologies Drakier, i failed to notice the other redactions.

It's just, from my perspective, the conversation was trying to be constructive and wasnt slating anything. It didnt deserve the antagonism that was brought to the discussion.

This game has been fantastic for the most part and my only issue with it at all has been this particular problem. I cant thank GGG enough for even putting it out there for us to play.

I just thought that Jack tried hard to 'defuse' the antagonism and got nothing but aggression in return that was unwarranted.

Anyway, lets hope it all clears up a bit... note i avoid using the term 'lag' as i know you hate it. :)
"
ghoulies wrote:
note i avoid using the term 'lag' as i know you hate it. :)

and I appreciate it (as do a lot of other people).

I think the main problem that lagwin has (and I mostly agree with the idea) is that there is a LOT of misinformation being spread about desync. It's becoming the new "lag" incorrectly. I don't agree with lagwin's methods, but I agree with the overall message.

the word "desync" is being passed around in-game chats (general, trade, etc) and people are starting to use it to refer to ANY network problem, not strictly what desync is. Above that, even people who generally use the term correctly don't usually understand what the underlying problems with desync are, and why it can't "just be fixed".

It's a VERY complicated issue that I think a lot of people just don't understand because they don't understand how networked software works, especially as it relates to PoE's architecture.

Cheers.
I ve had huge desync problmes when the game launched a few months ago. Mainly because of that issue i made a 3 months pause and thought the problem will get fixed with the miniaddon but actually it got worse imo. I m having desync every 3-4 minutes and its not fun even with a macro saved on my gaming mouse. I lost 2 Invasion chars because of that lately. I will wait 2-3 more weeks and then I have to quit again because its unplayable for me... Its a shame. I love this game and the develeopers how they built this great game...

Please GGG... At least tell us anything...
any news? of course not, but still wondering
Buying lvl 75 Plateau Maps - PM Amount + Price :)
So is there any news on this at all? 95% of my deaths are due to the fact that I lag into places ive never been, im hitting things and they arent taking damage because they aren't in the spot they appear to be, rubber banding when running away etc etc etc etc.... Considering im level 77 this is making it absolutely impossible to progress in the game. In my opinion the 10% xp loss is quite ridiculous considering I can't do anything to fix the problem. Someone please give me good news on this, at least that they are WORKING on a fix to this or I may have to stop playing. Spent 4 hours doing maps the other day and lost more xp than I gained because of this issue.

Im afraid POE will lose many players if this isn't fixed soon. Ive already seen a number of people quit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info