Massive rubberbanding

I experience situations where I'm swinging doublestrike 4-5 times before a monster is hit, and sometimes I am dragged to an area that I was never standing in. I am a leach build, this is impossible to work with. I've been playing for a couple of weeks now and I think I'm going to have to stop unless this is fixed soon

I'm dying way way way more than I should be thanks to this. Anyone else experiencing this?

It's all day, every day at all times and I am a level 50 marauder.
also getting this.
Rubber banding is happening to me very, very frequently. Every game, every dungeon. I've been able to adjust my game play a bit to compensate but for sure it is resulting in probably a 4-fold increase in deaths. As my network has not changed at all I seriously doubt my network is the reason (just saying as that is always the excuse given for this sort of thing).
This is effing unreal. Every single death today has been because of rubber banding.

Grinding Gear devs: This is a sub-warden level of consistency and needs to change.

I don't care where your server-side interpretation of my character's movements THINKS I am, I know damn sure that I wasn't 30 steps north in that massive group of monsters when it teleported me back and they all gangraped me.

Give your players some benefit of the doubt here; I know why you run two "interpretations" of the game, to make sure someone isn't using some movement speed hack or whatever, but I'm not. I'm not hacking and I don't think I deserve to have to die repeatedly because your game is too insistent on where it thinks I'm allowed to be.

If I'm attacking something and it goes undamaged for 5 seconds, then alluvasudden 6 monsters are getting hit by my splash damage 20 paces away... you don't think that's a problem?

Our clients are out of sync. When it's this bad, you need to set up your server to YIELD locations to the client-side instance instead of overruling it.

You've done so much right with this game, some stupid connection/rubberbanding thing shouldn't even be an issue. Please correct this- (aaaand maybe the ridiculous odds on fusing orbs...) and I'll finally be comfortable enough in this game to play a hardcore character (what I've been waiting to do since beta, september 28th 2012.)
Last edited by subversed on Feb 9, 2014, 3:40:12 PM
Haven't played this game in 4 days, waiting for this to be fixed or at least responded to. Does no one care?
Most cases where people make these complaints are in fact the internet screwing up somewhere along the way. There isnt any way for us to help you without a traceroute. Also, using /oos will force a game sync.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Feb 13, 2014, 12:49:50 AM
I am so annoyed with this rubberbanding.

I play a 2H Axe cyclone & Spectral throw scion with 17% life leech, level 78; aside from the cyclone skill getting stuck on every single damn obstacle it might happen to collide with, or even get close to (walls, stones, chests etc) the "lag" is effing infuriating.

So I equipped flicker strike to help get me out of sticky situations where my cyclone has jammed or if I've lagged into a mob, but sometimes it won't fire and I end up pressing it many times in quick succession but I just stand there like a statue. I have plenty of mana, I am not frozen or stunned etc... happens even against simple skeletons in areas 10+ levels below my char (the ledge, as an example)

Trying to level is impossible as I die often due to these issues. I really think this is an issue likely to make me rage quit the game soon. I'm surprised I haven't already quit, but that's testament to the other aspects of the game that are great.

I've unplugged all other PC's on my network, I've run bandwidth tests and ensured no other applications are using the internet (even uninstalling the likes of drop box, examining netstats, ports etc). I am not on wireless, and the in-game netgraph seems to stick around 66ms.

Examples of said issues:
I cyclone into a mob, my cyclone runs away on me and ends up going far away from where I initially clicked. Thing with cyclone is you can't stop it mid-cyclone so it's hard to control when it does this.

I cyclone and bump a rock. Subsequent attempts to cyclone are fruitless regardless of where I aim. Mob moves in, I press flicker strike and it does nothing. I press it again, still does nothing. I start running away, but it then rubberbands me back to where I started.

I cyclone into a mob, it does no damage to the mob AT ALL, and by the time I've realised it's doing no damage I get rubberbanded back to the doorway where I started the cyclone.

I cyclone an enemy, it does no damage, then after 2 seconds or so the enemy disappears and I see it appear about half a screen width away as if it hadn't walked up to me in the first place.

I find cyclone has terrible collision detection and clipping, and often my client will allow cyclone to happen when the server does not. The time difference between when my client is told by the server that, no in fact I wasn't allowed to cyclone then, is often 1 - 3 seconds and enough to get me into real trouble.

I have tried to alter my play style to suit, but it still catches me out and I die often due to it. As an example of changes to my play style, I now no longer cyclone close to anything, walls, doorways, chests, stones, and I delay my key presses by half a second, so Spectral Throw, pause half a second, cyclone, pause half a second after cyclone stops, spectral throw again etc, but I'm still suffering. I am unsure I'll ever level up at this rate.

I really hope this gets looked at as I fear you are going to lose players to this.
Post a traceroute to GGGs servers, it is absolutely required if you want to get any help with this kind of problem. Your ping can appear fine and you are still desyncing from dropped packets for instance.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Feb 13, 2014, 2:38:58 AM
No packet loss to 119.82.146.66

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 119.82.146.66 - 0 | 125 | 125 | 63 | 70 | 90 | 64 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

it's not a latency thing, it's the client thinking you're somewhere you aren't, and forcing you to be there. Try hanging out around a corner that you can't get past and holding down the attack button on a monster (with a melee class). You will eventually hit that monster whether or not you've moved.

This is not a latency issue, this is an annoying anti-hack failsafe that's ruining the experience for legitimate players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info