Mouze's standard mara build

"
nakieon wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:
Hey Mouse, I am running a similar build but I don't see why you spec into the dex area of the tree - the dexterity is wasted since you already have RT and since GGG normalized armor vs evasion rating on armor pieces, there is not really any advantage picking up IR except that you can use armor/evasion gear pieces instead of only armor gear.

Can you explain a bit more about why you travel to the dex area of the tree? For example, instead of traveling in that direction I prefer to head to the middle and pick up all of the life nodes on the marauder's side of the middle. There are 9 life nodes there.

Mouze doesn't seem to be answering to posts in this thread so maybe someone else could take a shot at answering my questions? My questions are in the post I quoted.

You can run Grace with Blood Magic for bonus armor with Iron Reflexes. You can't use Determination cause it reserves % amount of life, Grace is a flat amount. The Dex is not wasted because you need stats to use gems like Faster Attacks or Grace. Plus there is a ton of useful stuff to pick up along the way to IR, Berserking, Unwavering Stance, Armor Master, Endurance Charge, Golem's Blood, another Diamond Skin node and Thick Skin which gives a ton of life.
IGN: Yeph
Actually I understand Golem's Blood and the endurance charge. All decent Mara builds usually pick that up, but I mean going all the way to Iron Reflexes seems a bit fishy, but I guess it does make sense when it comes to dex-based support gems (such as Faster Attacks).
"
Grris wrote:
Which support gems will be used with Heavy Strike and Groundslam?

For Ground Slam & Heavy Strike - Melee Physical Damage, Added Fire Damage, Faster Attacks would be a good setup for a 4L. Swap one for Life Leech (Heavy Strike) or Life on Hit (Ground Slam) if you need it, shouldn't really be needed though.

For a 5L you'd add Concentrated Effect to Ground Slam once you had some int to level it up.

For a 6L one from Added Cold Damage, Added Chaos Damage, Added Lightning Damage. Cold damage would probably be the best as it's dex based and you level it all the way up to 20. The others are int based so might not be doable. There's also Melee Damage on Full Life, not sure how that compares.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Jan 29, 2013, 7:49:40 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
Grris wrote:
Which support gems will be used with Heavy Strike and Groundslam?

For Ground Slam & Heavy Strike - Melee Physical Damage, Added Fire Damage, Faster Attacks would be a good setup for a 4L. Swap one for Life Leech (Heavy Strike) or Life on Hit (Ground Slam) if you need it, shouldn't really be needed though.

For a 5L you'd add Concentrated Effect to Ground Slam once you had some int to level it up.

For a 6L one from Added Cold Damage, Added Chaos Damage, Added Lightning Damage. Cold damage would probably be the best as it's dex based and you level it all the way up to 20. The others are int based so might not be doable. There's also Melee Damage on Full Life, not sure how that compares.

aaahh.. no.

this is what mouze rolls with as gem slots.

5l: GS-melee phys-added fire-faster attacks-culling strike
6l: GS-melee phys-added fire-faster attacks-culling strike-conc effect

As single target either Heavy Strike or Glacial hammer - Faster attacks- melee phys- added fire on a 4l. for a 5l,6l id use the other two links for gems like IIQ and IIR.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jan 30, 2013, 10:12:29 AM
"
MyH4o wrote:
U copied my build, u fraud!

^
Hey mouze!

Quick question....

What do you think about going for Blood Magic by about level 30? I think with a life on hit gem and pretty good gear I should be able to survive and slash mana problems early?
what do you think...?

any help from anyone appriciated!!!
I was running blood magic round about level 30, the skills we use are quite low on mana so the regen caters for it. I died less after blood magic due to no mana issues anymore.
"
VictorDoom wrote:

aaahh.. no.

this is what mouze rolls with as gem slots.

5l: GS-melee phys-added fire-faster attacks-culling strike
6l: GS-melee phys-added fire-faster attacks-culling strike-conc effect

As single target either Heavy Strike or Glacial hammer - Faster attacks- melee phys- added fire on a 4l. for a 5l,6l id use the other two links for gems like IIQ and IIR.

Is culling strike so effective? I have some doubts.
Last edited by valentine_n on Jan 31, 2013, 5:11:13 AM
In regards to Dexterity, how much would you need as this build? I just got a Grace off someone but it was Level 8, which equates to around 100 dexterity - should I invest in this much of it? If I might need to also use Faster Attacks support?

Thanks
Last edited by Confucius on Jan 31, 2013, 5:24:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info