Mouze's standard mara build

Heya Mouze,
Mind linking your gear so we have an idea what you're rolling with?
Im sure people would love to see your sexy Marohi ;)
IGNs: Runtime_Error / Syntax_Error / Unexpected_Error
Just a question
Why you spend points in mace damage? Its just a personal choice, or maces are the weapon with higher damage ratio?
From what i read so far, and from personal experience playing others ARPG, specific weapon skills are not good till you find a very very good weapon, and still, there are chances you going to get a different weapon type better than the one you have.
Or picking those nodes, assure that there no going to been a weapon with higher damage than your mace?

Its not a critic, its just curiosity from a noob :D
Ground Slam only works with Staffs and Maces. Nodes like Smashing Blows/Skull Cracking/Bone Smasher give a decent damage increase for a small point investment because they are right along the way to important keystones. Staffs also have a more varied mod pool they can roll, like spell damage, mana regen etc. Things you won't need as GS rauder. End game Maces are generally the superior choice.
IGN: Yeph
Does it look the same for HC? Don't see any difference.
Hey Mouse, I am running a similar build but I don't see why you spec into the dex area of the tree - the dexterity is wasted since you already have RT and since GGG normalized armor vs evasion rating on armor pieces, there is not really any advantage picking up IR except that you can use armor/evasion gear pieces instead of only armor gear.

Can you explain a bit more about why you travel to the dex area of the tree? For example, instead of traveling in that direction I prefer to head to the middle and pick up all of the life nodes on the marauder's side of the middle. There are 9 life nodes there.
thanks cGramma for the insight, i forgot about GS...
But there, another question arise...
Someone says that in higher difficulties, if you are surrounded, you are dead... leaving sweep out from the skill choices.

Right now (im very low level, around 20) i like sweep more than GS cause the 360° damage... the stun became more useful later?
"
gobiriam wrote:
Someone says that in higher difficulties, if you are surrounded, you are dead... leaving sweep out from the skill choices

"Getting surrounded = Dead" is a good reason to not get surrounded. However, it's not a good reason to not use sweep. Just because sweep is a 330* arc, doesn't mean you need to get mobs behind you for it to be effective. In fact, if you screw up and get surrounded, you're probably better off with sweep!

There might be other reasons to use GS over Sweep though. Larger range? I can't find information on GS's range vs. Sweep's range, that would be very helpful.
"
Lazygrave wrote:
"
gobiriam wrote:
Someone says that in higher difficulties, if you are surrounded, you are dead... leaving sweep out from the skill choices

"Getting surrounded = Dead" is a good reason to not get surrounded. However, it's not a good reason to not use sweep. Just because sweep is a 330* arc, doesn't mean you need to get mobs behind you for it to be effective. In fact, if you screw up and get surrounded, you're probably better off with sweep!

There might be other reasons to use GS over Sweep though. Larger range? I can't find information on GS's range vs. Sweep's range, that would be very helpful.

Yeah, i have seen many posts about using GS or Cleave, but none about the use and combos with support gems about Sweep
Right now im running Sweep + Life Gain on Hit and it works pretty well for me.
I'm 100% new to this game and looking at this build it looks good for what I'm wanting. When you say get Ground Slam and Heavy strike.... are those the only 2 skills that we get? Thanks for the help :)
I'd say you're about 92% new to the game, considering you know the names of a few skills... =)

No, you don't just have to have GS and Heavy Strike, you could use Auras, Enduring Cry, sweep etc... You can play around with it and find out what works best for the style you play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info