Mouze's standard mara build

U copied my build, u fraud!
"
gobiriam wrote:
thanks cGramma for the insight, i forgot about GS...
But there, another question arise...
Someone says that in higher difficulties, if you are surrounded, you are dead... leaving sweep out from the skill choices.

Right now (im very low level, around 20) i like sweep more than GS cause the 360° damage... the stun became more useful later?

Ground Slam makes your character semi-ranged plus it constantly mini-stuns approaching mobs. In general, it's a lot safer than Sweep.
IGN: Yeph
What auras would you run with this and how many? If you use Auras with BM it limits your health doesnt it?
IGN: GrrisRanger
Mouze, mind posting your gem set and your gear.

I started the game yesterday, I am 43 now, middle of act II cruel.

I am highly confused with the gem sets and gear choices available.

I was thinking about getting a 4 linked piece with 3R-1G using GS - Melee Physical damage - Added fire damage - Faster attacks. The problem is my dex is really low and I can't upgrade faster attacks...

Also should I replace some damage support for life leech and life on hit until I have really high hp and regen ?

Anyway, if you can specify your gems/gear that would be great..
"
maynardsfx wrote:
Mouze, mind posting your gem set and your gear

Yeah, it would be great.
"
nakieon wrote:
Hey Mouse, I am running a similar build but I don't see why you spec into the dex area of the tree - the dexterity is wasted since you already have RT and since GGG normalized armor vs evasion rating on armor pieces, there is not really any advantage picking up IR except that you can use armor/evasion gear pieces instead of only armor gear.

Can you explain a bit more about why you travel to the dex area of the tree? For example, instead of traveling in that direction I prefer to head to the middle and pick up all of the life nodes on the marauder's side of the middle. There are 9 life nodes there.

Mouze doesn't seem to be answering to posts in this thread so maybe someone else could take a shot at answering my questions? My questions are in the post I quoted.
maybe chaos resist is really that good
I think I can answer this, although I am a noob myself, I have figured out this build and the decision making process behind it.

It all starts with Blood magic really. In order to be a blood mage you need HP and HP regen for standard stats. Life on hit is not always reliably available in enough quantity in the mid game, so you need those regen nodes.

So we find ourselves at blood magic, if we sweep around to the right we see Keystone "Unwavering stance", armour master and Golem's blood. US is great since we are low dex low evasion builds anyway. Nobody relying on life leech wants to be stunlocked at the wrong time. Golem's blood is an extra 1.5% life regen, which is awesome.

Now Iron will is so close that it is pointless not taking it. Along with already having US, Iron will and the grace aura are fantastic, so we head in that direction. Picking up Another Diamond skin as a bonus.

So we have our regen at a nice place, now we look at where to go from there. We see that 4 points to the right is another diamond skin node. 15% to all resists is worth that, so we take those.

Now that we are all the way out here, we take stock of what is around us. We have unlocked another max endurance charge along the way. We have a Might and Savant node along with some really good life nodes nearby. Further than that we have some chaos resist, 8% only, but its Chaos resist. A nice 4 node Attack speed and dmg for 2 hander node cluster.

So its more a case of a domino effect.
"
DeathnTaxes wrote:

You're certainly on the right track. This is evident in most builds. Decide on a specific perk(s) that define the build and get nodes that are beneficial while still being convenient in relation to the main idea.
Which support gems will be used with Heavy Strike and Groundslam?
IGN: GrrisRanger

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info