Mouze's standard mara build

Alright.

The Standard Groundslam Marauder.

For gear you go for 2handed maces with high physical damage, strength based gear with life and resists, armor is'nt really that important. I always try to get movementspeed on my boots too.
For merciless you would want to start picking up chaos res on your gear and spec into elemental res from the passive tree too to atleast get close to 0% chaos.
Try to get Ias/lifeleech on gloves and rings.
Aint much more to gear really. Your playstyle will be pretty much

Slam
Step
Slam
Step
Slam
Step
Slam
Step
etc..

atleast until you get geared enough to keep slamming and not stepping vs groups that are not ranged and filled with horrible death etc.

For Aoe Groundslam linked with Melee Physical Damage, Added fire damage, Faster Attacks, Culling Strike/increased Area of Effect/Conc effect/Life Leech whatever you prefer.

I kill Allira and Kraitlyn and Ally with oak in each difficulty for the hp, physdmg and end charge.

For single target Heavy Strike with Melee Physical Damage, Added fire damage, Faster Attacks, Culling Strike or
Glacial Hammer with Melee Physical Damage, Added fire damage, Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage.

Glacial has the instakill sub 35% if mob is frozen, heavy strike has the knockback, wich can be pretty damn annoying at times, other times its pretty awesome, but generally, atleast for groups, using glacial hammer means less mobs knocked into walls.

For Flasks I run One Quicksilver, One Granite, 2 heal over time and 1 instant on low life.

while levelin up i usually go for something like:
Normal build
then head for blood magic asap and this is how it looks by the end of cruel pretty much:
Cruel Build
And then its off to IR and the endurance nodes and make the trip up to inner force, pickup elemental adaptation etc.
you may want to pickup celerity after getting IR to negate the movementspeed penalty from wearing armor. Choice is yours. Movementspeed is very good for getting out of bad situations quickly tho so I kind of reccomend getting it, atleast until you can wear a glorius plate.
Merciless Build

At this point you will be level 95 and hopefully have obtained enough res gear to not need the diamond skin nodes so you would have some points to play around with. get blast radius off witch? get the ele nodes, get some mara start physdmg, get the last endurance node, get more life or whatever you want to.

At some point you may want to get a couple of zombies going, linked with minion life and if you want faster casting, just to get some meatshields.

Some bosses can be pretty easily cheesed with frostwall, linked with fastcast and inc duration.
Just keep the frostwall up and groundslam away, yet frostwall lasts a pretty short time, so you probably need to recast it alot using this strategy. Kinda useful vs fidelitas if you are undergeared etc.

Also it's really your choice on using summon skeletons with spell totem or a decoy totem, I usually need the gemslots for other stuff So I go with the decoy cause it only takes one slot.
Also I link faster casting with pretty much every spell I use, curses, enuring cry, totems etc.
Faster attacks paired with leap is pretty sweet for moving about aswell. But again, sockets :|

Visit my shop!
Last edited by dmouze on Mar 12, 2013, 1:04:39 PM
Im struggling to kill the mobs @ the ancient pyramid. dont know what im doing wrong. mobs just take to long to kill them. need like 5-6 ground slams(ground slam doing just around 70 dps).
using same skill build like you. heading now towards blood magic. any tips?
"
Xeqlen wrote:
Im struggling to kill the mobs @ the ancient pyramid. dont know what im doing wrong. mobs just take to long to kill them. need like 5-6 ground slams(ground slam doing just around 70 dps).
using same skill build like you. heading now towards blood magic. any tips?

Get a better maul. :p

What's your's look like?
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Yeah, nice build man, I've just made one of them myself, what level are you?

Is this char viable at higher levels then?
"
Confucius wrote:
Yeah, nice build man, I've just made one of them myself, what level are you?

Is this char viable at higher levels then?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/71278

currently #3
Pasta of Exile!
http://i.imgur.com/zWbo3.jpg

Got a beta key by burning stuff!
http://i.imgur.com/wefG6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/boelM.jpg
Last edited by LeFuretFurtif on Jan 27, 2013, 5:43:32 PM
Oh haha, guess I shoulda checked that first :) thats good to know then...
Hi Mouze

So I love the build, I am currently level 20. I already knew that I wanted resolute and blood magic so had planned that out, but didn't quite know where to go from there.

This gives me some direction, but I wanted to know something. I was told by someone on the forums that special nodes with the same name like "Diamond Skin" wont stack. I see that your skill build has both, so I am guessing that information was incorrect. Could you confirm this though.

Also are Maces the way to go for 2 handed. What do you think of the sweep ability, or the infernal blow ability?
I assume youre using grace since you got iron reflexes?

Also you have a few weapon elemental dmg nodes, how do those come into play?

Last edited by lethstang on Jan 27, 2013, 10:51:51 PM
Could you let us know which keystones you went after first, that way we have an idea what way you went while leveling.
IR is underrated, pretty identical to mine, quite good!
IGN: Mosbricka

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info