*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

Wow, thanks a lot for this quick and well detailed explanation mate !
Now I understand much more why using a one handed sword. :)
@Mortezzah

in the video where you kill the queen you switch between your chests why what is the reason?

and if someone dont have kaoms or your weapon what chest and weapon should he use?

and your build is amazing!!!! great and thank you for sharing
"
bullitt wrote:
@Mortezzah

in the video where you kill the queen you switch between your chests why what is the reason?

Normally, his reave skill is just a 4 linked skill in his helmet.

During the time in the atziri fight when the minions spawn and just run towards atziri in the middle, they do not deal any damage or attack, they instead just heal atziri if they reach her. During this phase mort doesn't need the life boost from kaoms since there is no danger during this phase, he only needs to kill those minions fast and try and prevent as many as he can from reaching and healing her, so he used a 6 linked reave setup in Tabula Rasa just for that 1 phase, for more dps.

This is a straight tank build so the DPS is kind of low, so he chose to slap on a higher DPS reave setup just for the no danger phase.

As far as which armor to use instead of Kaoms. I think the next best option would be a linked Belly of the Beast. Followed by any other 6 link with good stats you can manage to get. Without kaoms your build will have much less life than Mort, but the added links you gain will give you more dps / gem options.
Last edited by whoismiked on Mar 19, 2014, 7:48:42 AM
thank you for the answer

and what gems are into Tabula Rasa?
"
bullitt wrote:
thank you for the answer

and what gems are into Tabula Rasa?

I'm pretty sure they are:

Reave + Added Fire + Melee Phys + Faster attacks + multistrike + Conc effect
In a 6L you would need BM in there otherwise it's not mana sustainable. I run a 6L and after two auras I only have 100 mana left which = prob 2 to 3 attacks. Belly of the beast doesn't add much more than a 100 life chest but seriously loses out on armour and res. As our ES regen scales against our armour, I'd recommend getting a good rare.

Morty - loving your build and will look to get to 100 too. I think yours is the only reliable build for maurauder to do the hardest maps. Thanks again!
"
Skelly19 wrote:
Morty, thanks for answering my previous question!

My new question is : Do you think this build would be viable with its main source of DPS as elemental spectral throw instead of reave?

For example, switching out the melee phys nodes for elemental damage nodes, and replacing helm with alphas howl for tri elemental aura.

It would look something like this:
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtDH0QfxQgFE0WbxcvGJEZhRo4GlUabBvIHRQkqicvKMUppS7_Mok26DbpOthDMUp9TDVN2E4qT31QR1BQUWBVxlXWVw1X4lhjWfNbr14TXz9gS2EhZKNk52aeZ6BqHnB9cql07Xbnd-V673zZgFaApITvh3aMdo9GkFWRzp7NoLSiAKIPpKynCKcwp4SoGKmVrKqsr7ZBuJO77byfwBrDhsaextjPZdDQ0iHdDeNq45_nkew47w7wH_Iv8wbzvvPd9zL3vvrS-6r8xQ==

I know I'm losing out on a TON of armor compared to your build, but I'm hoping aegis aurora + near max block/spell block and attacking from ranged (spectral throw) will mitigate that.

I know it's a lot to ask / look at, but I would greatly appreciate it!

I actually did tweak my build a few months ago to see if ST could be viable.. The damage was too low for my liking, but I like the concept. I'd keep playing around with it as ranged has a lot of neat advantages in this game.

You took some interesting nodes.. +fire damage, + fire resist (probably to get across the chasm), life regen instead of life/armor nodes in the beginning, etc.

My suggestion is test it out and see what the pros/cons are. I would do one test build and then do a real one (or if you have enough regrets, go that path).
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
"
error4x4 wrote:
Great guide (and video too) !!!

But, as I'm very new to this game, I don't really understand one thing:
- why using a one handed sword instead of a mace ?

I read somewhere that at high level, mace have higher dps that other one handed weapon. Moreover, one handed sword require DEX.
I guess it's because "Reave" is a great skill, but aren't there equal interesting other skill made for mace (this way, we could safe some passif skill point for other thing than DEX) ?

PS: I'm really, noob, I'm just asking for explanation. :p

Yes, what Peter wrote + I like Whirling Blades and Reave ;)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
"
kurOsawa79 wrote:
In a 6L you would need BM in there otherwise it's not mana sustainable. I run a 6L and after two auras I only have 100 mana left which = prob 2 to 3 attacks. Belly of the beast doesn't add much more than a 100 life chest but seriously loses out on armour and res. As our ES regen scales against our armour, I'd recommend getting a good rare.

Morty - loving your build and will look to get to 100 too. I think yours is the only reliable build for maurauder to do the hardest maps. Thanks again!

Thanks, whoeismiked is correct (and that's why I swap in my pure tank spec, and why I don't swap in my dps spec). Pure extra dps when I'm safe.

That being said, it is mana sustainable without BM with my gear/nodes. I've tested it both ways. BM lets you make more mistakes (swinging when no mobs are here), but it is doable without BM with a bit of focus.
so what are the best items for this build or what properties should an item have?

i have this items are they good if not what should i search for

i use only determination but my mana goes very quick down what do i have to change?
Last edited by bullitt on Mar 20, 2014, 7:35:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info