*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

"
bullitt wrote:

ps: what aura is ES???
unfortunately i can not use reave with ST i have to use Double Strike

The ES aura is Discipline
Ty very much
Hey Mortezzah, I previously mentioned that I'd try your build in Ambush for something safe and reliable.

So far, so good. Pretty safe considering the lack of twink available. However, I'm currently in A3Cruel and I'm hitting a wall in terms of damage. My life, crappy as it is at 800+, is still manageable if I play carefully. Resists are nearly maxed (I can tweak gear to max it). Mana is 471 with 11.5 regen/s.

However, I find I'm not doing nearly as much damage as necessary to sustain the leech from Slitherpinch, and I'm just not doing enough damage overall. Obviously my subpar weapon plays a part (trying to get a good Cutlass to last me till I can use Corsairs), but I'm wondering if my skill grid is flawed.

Here're my grids at the moment; any advice on getting more DPS out of them without sacrificing too much tankiness?

Now:

Planned:

"
_avenged_ wrote:
Hey Mortezzah, I previously mentioned that I'd try your build in Ambush for something safe and reliable.

So far, so good. Pretty safe considering the lack of twink available. However, I'm currently in A3Cruel and I'm hitting a wall in terms of damage. My life, crappy as it is at 800+, is still manageable if I play carefully. Resists are nearly maxed (I can tweak gear to max it). Mana is 471 with 11.5 regen/s.

However, I find I'm not doing nearly as much damage as necessary to sustain the leech from Slitherpinch, and I'm just not doing enough damage overall. Obviously my subpar weapon plays a part (trying to get a good Cutlass to last me till I can use Corsairs), but I'm wondering if my skill grid is flawed.

Here're my grids at the moment; any advice on getting more DPS out of them without sacrificing too much tankiness?

Now:

Planned:

Can you link your gear as well so I can see what you have to work with?
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
"
Mortezzah wrote:
Can you link your gear as well so I can see what you have to work with?

Sure. As below. It's barely optimal, and I don't trade much because of how troublesome it is to trade (especially for lower level stuff; been trying to buy a good cutlass but nobody seems to be online).

Spoiler
I've been watching and using your videos for map boss ID's for months now, thanks for all of the effort and time you put in to create these to share.

I had a Kaom's Heart drop for me a couple of days ago in a map, and now have been using this guide for a new Ambush build.
Do you think that it is still a good enough chest to use in a build with these passives, and basic pieces?
I realize it looses out on life right off of the bat, but with the added fire damage thought it could still be a contender with some changes to the health vs damage passives. I see where you mentioned you were considering experimenting with this chest piece, and I'll be honest I did not read through all 13 pages of this yet so if you covered this already in this post just say so and I'll find it.
Last edited by Viperface on Mar 24, 2014, 5:43:15 AM
I have one question , can use dagger? or only sword for this build.

dagger have many build , but sword seems less.

Now I have 1 mirror and some exa , I need decide what weapon to use.

This will be an important decision because it contains most of my currency.
IGN: KasimAlter
Strange question.

Of course you can "use a dagger", especially a mirrored one, but you should have noticed that the passive tree in this thread has no crit at all and is designed for a sword. So you would have to adapt it quite a bit. Maybe even to the point of not using this tree at all.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Awesome!

The build save my enthusiasm.

Thanks Mortezzah!

Now I'm playing the build,exhausted all my property to buy gear.

Spoiler
IGN: KasimAlter
Mort, I have to ask you a question as I have this build almost the same except I haven't been able to get the mana leech on gear yet, so will have to use reave with blood magic.

Can you tell me what your damage is if you were to replace one of your reave supports, I am just curious before I change some things around and see if its even worth it.

Thanks much for everything <3
Last edited by whoismiked on Apr 6, 2014, 5:57:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info