24H Questions (and feedback) to Rhys/Chris/Jonathan/Qarl/..

I am grateful that GGG has responded some of the questions from the community. I have one question. Qarl mentioned something about changing the marauder starting area in the Passive Skill Tree section of the forums back in October. So when can we expect the marauder starting area to be changed or reworked?

Its fine if you do not plan on answering this. I am completely fine with that unlike other players.
Permanent Hardcore only.
Last edited by Rafurion on Feb 10, 2014, 7:32:18 PM
"
Rhys wrote:

"
Hyskoa wrote:
6: When are you getting rid of RNG as a system of progression? It simply doesn't work.

Yeah... Figured this'd pop out at the end.

PoE may not be the prettiest, most considerate baby on the planet, but it's our baby, and we will foster it the best we can and raise to be the best, meatiest meatshake it can be.

This is one of my main issues. I'm not a high-stakes gambler by nature, like a lot of people, so I'm really not crazy about having to spend 5 or 10 exalts to run 3 or 4 100+ quantity high level maps, and then come out of it with NOTHING. I can't do group play because of framerates (and because I just dont like co-op play, in any games).

I'm just not crazy about the pay-to-level system. RNG is okay when it's just an investment of time, but when it's also an investment of currency it becomes a completely different game (IMO that's the main reason D3's crafting system was so awful compared to D2's gambling system). variable reward for effort is a completely different concept than reward on monetary investment.

the other big problem is that it makes most drops significantly less rewarding, which really tones down the dopamine factor. in lower level maps and docks runs when you're still leveling up, every chaos or fusing is a "yes!!" moment, because you know it makes you 1 orb richer. in high level maps they basically don't matter, because all they do is defray a very small fraction of the map's cost. they're completely eclipsed by high level maps drops, which greatly reduces the reward spectrum. IMO the real brilliance of the currency system in PoE was the large spectrum of possible rewards (even if they essentially boil down to the same variable) that left you feeling like there were tons of possible good drops around always around the corner. it gives you several tiers of motivational hooks: the low-value but very constant supply of alts, the slightly higher and more interesting alchs and fuses, and all the way on up to exalts and eternals (and even mirrors). with high-level maps, a lot of this is practically wiped off the map, so to speak.

just my 2 cents and tree fiddy.
Chris i wrote you a email a view months ago about the still existing problem with the laptop mobile gaming graphic card problem... My graphics card still not used in thr options.. I have a gtx 675mx....

I cant choose it in the options.. There is only the onboard grafic card available... When did we get a fix? I think many laptop users are waiting for an fix...
Bayern des samma mia
Last edited by Bayerius on Feb 11, 2014, 12:33:43 PM
Are there any plans to address how bad the so called 'self-casters' are at the moment? Spells in general are very lackluster for a number of reasons (there's many topics on this matter).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info