24H Questions (and feedback) to Rhys/Chris/Jonathan/Qarl/..

Spoiler
Week-end questions to Devs. Hello everyone. Hello Chris, Erik, Jonathan. Hello Brian, Rhys, Mark, Daniel, harry, Carl, Rory, Joel, Ari, Russel, Andrew, Neon and Thomas..

I have successfully convinced GGG to let the forum community ask good and random questions. Also share some feedback a player wishes to have answers for, we have only 24 hours.
I talked to Rhys and he said, He will make this forum community dream happen.

After 1 full day has passed the thread will be locked and Rhys+GGG will start answering the questions they want to answer, whenever they want.( during next week, probably in their tiny free time)
When finished the thread will be open again for members discussion.

Let's hope Rhys was serious about this, btw, he said this about1-HOUR questions to devs thread:

Rofl no wonder it could happen this time :P

Ok so let's get this party started:

1. @Chris, Erik Or Jonathan: the three devs who are heavily involved in the larger design decisions for the game:

I think that a larger number of players implies a larger team developing the game! I find patchs really slow, i wonder how someone who paid 1000$~ to make an item can wait all this long(I hope all Diamond supporters have their items in game).

Can you please accelerate the process? Hire some good names to help, release a great number of uniques, release many more gems(i know you have many planned for next months/years) and just make an 8-12 leagues where players woulc have a blast playing PoE.

Why not?
Is it just you do not trust outsiders for your baby(poe)?
Or is it just that the way PoE was made does not allow, somehow, more people to be involved in dev?
ps: if players feel they are more connected to GGG team=> more willing to support GGG, in my opinion.

http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_
Last edited by Rhys on Feb 3, 2014, 9:32:03 AM
2. The last feature: adding notes. Has been announced 1 day after "1-H questions to devs" thread had been mad; Where a player called Moeeom123 pointed out how dev Chris said he has not heard of a suggestion we read each 2 weeks~ on suggestions forum: (red mark for leader in map), here, later i pointed out all adding notes to friends suggestions threads who have not been heard.

-Are GGG devs very careful about adding this stuff and about not making their "hardcore" player base angry? I mean some players might say:
"
sounds pretty useless to me.

Did our complaints make a difference?
Or was it already planned to be implemented in 1.0.6 since a long time?

3. An orb who can be acquired after beating level 100 in a temporary league + accomplishing all challenges Or any relevant hard work.
This orb of awesomness will 6L any body armour or 2H sword and 4L anything else. It will roll max tier rolls randomly on an item.

Not going to happen? I guess not. Well i would have tried.. MAYBE ONE DAY?

Usual GGG devs who post on forum can be found here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/775393/page/2

Ask your questions to any.
http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_
Last edited by INEXFadeXFHONOR on Feb 1, 2014, 8:03:11 AM
Do you guys even lift? (Keep in mind, a positive answer will make Arnold proud.)

Who is the true master troll: Chris, Rhys or Athene?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Question : At this state , the chaos damage on viper strike show only base damage. ( 289.5 / stack )
How is the damage calculated with : 2 X le heups( 40 % incresed damage) + Bino`s ( 30 % dot ) + 40 % damage over time Vulnerability + 59 % incresed chaos damage( from passive tree) + 67 % Damage over time ( passive tree ) + 10 % incresed from a added chaos damage level 20 quality 20 = ??? only the CHAOS dps per 1 viper strike stack ? I`m not that bad at math , but this is overwhelming.

I need the same formula for the 450 chaos damage / second from death`s oath : 2 X ( 40 % incresed damage) + ( 30 % dot ) + 40 % damage over time Vulnerability + 59 % incresed chaos damage( from passive tree) + 67 % Damage over time ( passive tree ) + 10 % incresed from a added chaos damage level 20 quality 20 = ??? CHAOS DPS death`s oath chaos damage

Before people start asking and flaming , all of the above tested and they increse viper strike and death`s oath damage fyi.

Last edited by htblind on Feb 1, 2014, 8:39:25 AM
There is something that I would like to be answered.

We have every day posts that ask for a more rewarding system at endgame, specially in terms of good uniques because currently we are overloaded by a lot of low level ones, and late game crafting orbs drop. Its obvious (and I remember someone from GGG saying it) that the drop rates are balanced around an economy, and it punish people that don't want to participate in that kind of things but they are forced to do so (as me) to play end game maps.

It's specially flagrant when you see that new post about those two who first completed all Dom/New challenges, something that they did via multiboxing and flipping.

Any comment if this is being addressed? Or the game will remain as a trade centric arpg game?
♠RaGoN♦
Could you increase the width of doorways, ledgdes and everything that's narrow?
1) Do you guys ever intend to have another permanent league with more relaxed drop and craft rates to those that are currently in the game?

2) Do you guys ever intend to somehow standardize the craft/loot experience? (AKA: 1 guy spends 1 years worth of currency - 5k fuses - and doesn't see a 6L then buddy next to you 6Ls in 50 fuses.) Do you even see this as an issue on your radar?
Last edited by Isbox1 on Feb 1, 2014, 8:40:21 AM
1. Currently many people, specially in hardcore leagues, are often skipping endgame bosses in lv76-78 maps (with the exception of Shipyard and Pretinct ones) due to the fact that the bosses are simply not rewarding enough to justify the risk.

What do you think of the idea of decreasing average experience and/or loot(specially maps) drops from the rest of the map and instead increasing average experience and/or loot drops in bosses? For instance, what would you think if the total average exp and map drops are kept like it is now, but 66.7% of the average exp and map drops is earned through the rest of the map, while 33.3% from the boss?

This would make it very rewarding to do map bosses for the things one primarily maps for: experience and maps, while still not completely gimping those that skip bosses.
-------------------

2. Currently in act 3 merciless, specially in standard league, the party boards are mostly full of so call "trade parties".

This has some severe consequences.

* It makes people who just hit act 3 merciless for their first time and who have previously used public parties to group, be completely shocked when they check the act 3 merciless public party list for their first time. This leaves a very sour taste, akin to seeing massive gold site spamming in other games.

* Due to the limited slots in the party list, old parties are removed from the list and they are forced to remake their party to be shown in list again (just making it private and making it public again or renaming doesn't work; you need to disband and remake). This is very cumbersome and makes public partying more annoying.

* "Trade invasions", as in joining the map of someone hosting a trade party against their wishes, are becoming more common and cause people to be very frustated.

What can you do to remedy the situation?
------------------

3. Currently making your windowed instance of Path of Exile be as a thin "rectangle" as possible, allows you to see far more of the map compared to having a window in the shape of a square. This gives a clear advantage to those who choose to have their windows be shaped like "thin rectangle" since they are able to see incoming mobs from the sides that those playing in square-shape windows wouldn't be able to see.

Do you agree with that it is a ridiculous way to gain advantage? What can you do to remedy this situation?
--------------------

4. How do you guys feel about that endgame Cast on Crit builds are able to consistently get 100k+ AoE dps while still maintaining high survivability? Very few other builds can even come close to that dps, and that's only if they use mirror gear.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Feb 1, 2014, 9:08:23 AM
1) Do you guys plan on adjusting unique levels? Example a unique leather cap dropping off a level 77 zone / map

2) Are you guys overly cautious of consequences to the playerbase in terms of ''nerfs''?

3) Are you planning on re-adjusting monster damage the game is still about path of life nodes / es nodes in most cases in addition to bosses utterly just 1 shotting you most of the time such as top tier bosses. They're skipped most of the time due to the risk vs reward

4) With 3 being a follow up do you guys intend to buff boss map drop rates to be almost as comparable story bosses?

5) Are you guys happy with trigger gems? CoC? CodT CoS Curse on Hit cast on melee kill?

6) Do you guys plan on adjusting aura's to have better quality effects rather then a larger radius?

7) Are you guys happy with Legacy items; Do you regret it?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 1, 2014, 8:54:30 AM
We had a big debate in guild chat the other day about what custom leagues might look like. I'd like to know what sort of rulesets might be implemented, and what would not be allowed.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info