Confused about why some bug abuse are acceptable and other not

Last edited by Uvne on Jan 30, 2014, 10:58:40 PM
"
SamBaLam wrote:
I don't see how it's not a bad thing that players are easily being rushed to level 100 and so now..something that should be incredibly hard. It's basically cheating. It's bug abuse.

Thought it'd be more concern for GGG..guess you guys are more worried about new portal effects & what not. :/

Spoiler
Not trying to make a knock here. I know GGG are busy, and have a lot on their plate. But it's to much on their plate and that's why I believe the game never should have been released yet.

First off, that was a completely different bug. Adding 30-70% damage is completely different then adding 340% damage to a minion. Second off, there is more than 1 person working at GGG, and if you want the guy who designs graphics to start working on fixing the code, then we will all have no game left to play. Imagine if you work as a gas station attendant to pump gas, and then some customer comes in and complains that you couldn't fix his cars transmission problem. You're being that customer right now.

Lastly, those "portal effects and whatnot" take almost no development time. In fact I've heard it loosely said that making the 3D art for one weapon would take up the time of a dozen micros or more. Without those micros, they have no other income to pay the guy who writes the code to fix the bugs; Got it?
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Tears of Rage sounds like a great name for a unique item

Featuring new mod:Cannot /oos
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Featuring new mod:Cannot /oos

Kaom 2.0 +5000 HP, can not /oos, 6-link white sockets. Idk if people would use it, drawback is to much.
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
Once they do fix the issue I look forward to the complaining about them fixing the issue, or how they fixed the issue, or how they should have fixed the issue, or what about desync? inb4 useless uniques!
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

I'm almost tempted to pay for that one just to link it in every other thread
"
Rhys wrote:

Mark is better equipped

Is that so!

The power of quoting out of context, lol.

Well, on a serious note, yes it should be fixed, but frankly speaking there should be more pressing issues right now. Naturally everyone thinks "his/her issue" should be fixed first and that it's the most pressing issue, but i somehow believe that GGG have a better view of the picture as a whole :)
"
Uvne wrote:

Nice, I was about to post this but I saw you beat me to the punch. Amazing song.

edit: Albert Lee did a version that, while lacking the sheer brilliance of The Band's rendition, certainly has its own charms.
IGN: Jihokinetic
Last edited by Jihoko on Jan 31, 2014, 1:08:23 AM
I can live with super-clunky mechanics like snapshotting IF I know that it's working as intended and won't change anytime soon. As it is now, whenever I think about making a summoner, I always think 'but what if they remove snapshotting? will my char become trash?' and it's bugging me. Would really be good to know what the plans regarding all this are.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jan 31, 2014, 1:11:50 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
I can live with super-clunky mechanics like snapshotting IF I know that it's working as intended and won't change anytime soon. As it is now, whenever I think about making a summoner, I always think 'but what if they remove snapshotting? will my char become trash?' and it's bugging me. Would really be good to know what the plans regarding all this are.

I have a summoner at level 84 that has never once used snapshotting of any kind, not even something as simple as Sidhebreath. While she has never been what might be considered "zomfg op", I have run up to level 73 maps with her with almost any combination of mods, and almost no problems. I only stopped at 73 because, yeah...RNG decided I needed to progress no further. ;)
Last edited by Gallowmere1984 on Jan 31, 2014, 1:16:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info