Confused about why some bug abuse are acceptable and other not

"
Rhys wrote:
Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.

So......what you are saying is that GGG needs to relocate to US/EU :D
"
I don't see how it's not a bad thing that players are easily being rushed to level 100 and so now..something that should be incredibly hard. It's basically cheating. It's bug abuse.

This is completely different than snapshotting. The cast on death glitch was giving a 300% MORE damage modifier. Snapshotting spectres is just letting you use 2 different spectres, each with their own gems, and then lets you put your defensive armor back on. Yes you gain quite a bit from it, but in no way is it near the gains of Cast on Death.
"
nemesis201 wrote:
"
I don't see how it's not a bad thing that players are easily being rushed to level 100 and so now..something that should be incredibly hard. It's basically cheating. It's bug abuse.

This is completely different than snapshotting. The cast on death glitch was giving a 300% MORE damage modifier. Snapshotting spectres is just letting you use 2 different spectres, each with their own gems, and then lets you put your defensive armor back on. Yes you gain quite a bit from it, but in no way is it near the gains of Cast on Death.

I never used either snapshot or cast on death, but man that 300% was really tempting. To bad I learned about it just before it got removed, and I wasnt even playing.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
Last edited by Zalm on Jan 30, 2014, 9:05:03 PM
"
Rhys wrote:
I'm so gonna use this quote out of context when people talk about"what will be a4"

lool Been crossing rivers all a1-2-3 long and for A4 we cross the river
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Rhys wrote:

So killing all of your supported summons whenever you remove on of their support gems is an ocean?
"
Rhys wrote:
Sometimes,we have to cross an ocean.
Sometimes, we have to cross the sink

Fixed it :P
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jan 30, 2014, 9:15:57 PM
"
9_6 wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:

So killing all of your supported summons whenever you remove on of their support gems is an ocean?
Simple and easy
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jan 30, 2014, 9:15:11 PM
Honestly, I played a summoner through the entire anarchy league without being aware of snapshotting, or even that removing a support gem didn't remove its abilities from my existing minions ...nevermind unequipping gear while minions still got the +stats like sidhebreath... nevermind x5 removing the actual spectre gem (via removing tabula rasa as most people do), then equipping a different armor and socketing the gem in a specific slot to magically retain the minions with full benefits.

I thought I was supposed to find spectres that benefited from whatever supports I planned on using, so it was either going to be synergistic ones or simply a couple of a certain type.

I'd love an update as to what the goals are concerning summons - I can wait however long for the implementation, that's not an issue. Is it desirable to be able to summon and retain minions with different abilities at the same time (gem switching)? Is it desirable for minions to retain properties derived from gear, when you are no longer wearing said gear (item switching)? Will minions get the aura treatment to remove the problem of switching gear in town and retaining the benefits by placing the active gem in the right slot of the new gearpiece (tabula rasa switching)?
"
9_6 wrote:
killing all of your supported summons whenever you remove on of their support gems?

Mark is better equipped to answer this, but I'm believe it's a lot more complicated than it seems at first glance. For example, minions work differently in town (they aren't there, kinda). And there are also traps, mines, totems to consider. It's a real headache and it requires a massive refactor of the skill system, or so I hear.

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:
Sometimes,we have to cross an ocean.
Sometimes, we have to cross the sink

Fixed it :P

It's a really big sink. One filled with misconceptions, dragons, and tears of rage.
Code warrior
Tears of Rage sounds like a great name for a unique item

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info