Confused about why some bug abuse are acceptable and other not

the problem is that ,that is pretty much the only use a summoner would ever have with those items.

this is especially true for mon'treguls grasp which is a terrible item to actually use.
all the stats are zombie specific
it halves the zombie count

it gives resists which are entirely pointless since minion builds use resist auras (or they are shit)

the 100% increased damage is completely countered by the 50% loss in zombie count
and the 500 zombie life is trivial when zombies are level 20. amounting to around 1k life and at best 1.5k with you snap shot exploit.

but 1k life doesn't make up losing 5 7k life minions.
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Is the point of this point is troll GGG or something.

If it isn't acceptable then they'll remove it, you act like you know how long it takes to code, apply fixes and make sure it doesn't mess up any other part of the game or any other interaction for every single type of bug.
everything but summons work the same way... remove a gem, bang disactivate current cast

if they are not to fix summons snap shot... i fucking want to snapshot with tempest shield...

You can.

Until you change zones.
Havent they fixed it with the patch a month ago
if i cast tempest while RF, will the spell buff stay on tempest when rf will shut down?
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jan 31, 2014, 2:12:34 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
the problem is that ,that is pretty much the only use a summoner would ever have with those items.

I'm not disagreeing.

I'm saying I'm not sure where to draw the line.

Do you believe it is intended to be able to summon zombies using a BoR and no chest, then swap to an alternate helm and equip your chest so you can summon specters?

Do you believe summoning specters using a Tabula Rasa and then switching to a 4L chest with actual stats is intended?
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Jan 31, 2014, 3:07:24 PM
Anyone that doesn't think snapshotting is OP should watch sampudrinker summoner. One Zombie, yes that's correct ONE ZOMBIE, piety, dominus, it didn't matter....it's the ZOMBIENATOR

It sounds as imbalanced as it truly was.

I agree that summoners need snapshotting to be viable, but HOLY SHIT that can't be how it was meant to be.

Hard to balance when you are in a vacuum of hate. GGG has to do something to stop everyone ( and I mean everyone ) from playing summoner in new league, it's just too easy as it is and why would players gimp themselves by not running a summoner in a "4 month race" ladder situation?
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
Anyone that doesn't think snapshotting is OP should watch sampudrinker summoner. One Zombie, yes that's correct ONE ZOMBIE, piety, dominus, it didn't matter....it's the ZOMBIENATOR

Take Piety/Dominus farming videos with a grain of salt.

You're watching people who are 20-30 levels over the content.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Jan 31, 2014, 3:09:50 PM
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:

It sounds as imbalanced as it truly was.

I agree that summoners need snapshotting to be viable, but HOLY SHIT that can't be how it was meant to be.

Hard to balance when you are in a vacuum of hate. GGG has to do something to stop everyone ( and I mean everyone ) from playing summoner in new league, it's just too easy as it is and why would players gimp themselves by not running a summoner in a "4 month race" ladder situation?

believe it or not summoners do actually have some semblence of a gear requirment , and if summoners become mega popular in the next league which i am sure they will, then the price of summoner gear will skyrocket.

i would not be shocked to see stupid shit like 40 exa mon'treguls
10 exa midnight bargains
1 exa chobers
20 chaos queens decree
10 chaos bones of uller
and 5 chaos sidd ammys

it doesnt matter if those items are garbage or easy to get , they are summon item and just look at how expensive that soul taker is , the thing is 40 exa and does the equivalent of a 10 exalted item

so in the end that easy to acquire summoner gear ... will be less easy .
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jan 31, 2014, 3:21:06 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

believe it or not summoners do actually have some semblence of a gear requirment , and if summoners become mega popular in the next league which i am sure they will, then the price of summoner gear will skyrocket.

so in the end that easy to acquire summoner gear ... will be less easy .

I made it into maps before I started finding/buying summoner uniques this league. I'll enjoy doing so next league while using the new minion spells.
Benjamin Franklin
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
I agree that summoners need snapshotting to be viable...

The addition of desecrate and bone/flesh offering disagrees with that statement. Chances are good 1.0.6 was to help ease summoners out of snapshotting so it hurts less when it gets patched out.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Summoners have never needed snapshotting to begin with. They are already pretty powerful when built well.

The problem with threads like this is Build X is always compared to Build Y, and if they arent equal in every way, people immediately start crying foul. GGG has stated they DONT want every build to be equal, and the meta changes pretty often in this game.

Its just a bug people, itll eventually get fixed. No Big Deal.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Jan 31, 2014, 4:48:24 PM
"
SamBaLam wrote:
I don't see how it's not a bad thing that players are easily being rushed to level 100 and so now..something that should be incredibly hard. It's basically cheating. It's bug abuse.

Thought it'd be more concern for GGG..guess you guys are more worried about new portal effects & what not. :/

Spoiler
Not trying to make a knock here. I know GGG are busy, and have a lot on their plate. But it's to much on their plate and that's why I believe the game never should have been released yet.

"Players easily rushed to level 100 were result of Cast on Death minions summoning,not snapshotting.You can't compare something that made you do 300% more damage with being able to summon different spectres.If you think summoners are so OP,why don't you try creating one?What,too hard for you?Imagine that some people don;t have every item in game,and they also would like to play.I am playing summoner right now,doing quite good,and I only use snapshotting to be able to summon two kinds of spectres and have slot space for lightning warp.Imagine how trash my character would become if summoners suddenly became balanced about people snapshotting minions with Mon'Tegrul's,Chober Chaber,Tabula Rasa and other quite expensive items like that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info