Confused about why some bug abuse are acceptable and other not

"
Artanthos wrote:
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
Anyone that doesn't think snapshotting is OP should watch sampudrinker summoner. One Zombie, yes that's correct ONE ZOMBIE, piety, dominus, it didn't matter....it's the ZOMBIENATOR

Take Piety/Dominus farming videos with a grain of salt.

You're watching people who are 20-30 levels over the content.

I think I agree with your overall stance by reading a few of your posts, but realize you're talking about summoners here, and that this is largely irrelevant.

Have minion passives, have gear, the end.

Character level doesn't play a factor for minion power, other than having the passive points to take the passives. Character level is not nearly as significant as it might be for other characters.

You could do this at level 20 if you could wear the gear/gems/have the passives.
Last edited by gr00grams on Jan 31, 2014, 7:39:00 PM
"
gr00grams wrote:
Character level doesn't play a factor for minion power, other than having the passive points to take the passives. Character level is not nearly as significant as it might be for other characters.

You could do this at level 20 if you could wear the gear/gems/have the passives.

Somewhat true.

Gem level requirement caps at 68.

Access to both the full spectrum of minion passives + multiple auras is also gated by character level.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
gr00grams wrote:

Somewhat true.

Gem level requirement caps at 68.

Access to both the full spectrum of minion passives + multiple auras is also gated by character level.

reduced mana is 69 just as a note.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
the problem is that ,that is pretty much the only use a summoner would ever have with those items.

this is especially true for mon'treguls grasp which is a terrible item to actually use.
all the stats are zombie specific
it halves the zombie count

it gives resists which are entirely pointless since minion builds use resist auras (or they are shit)

the 100% increased damage is completely countered by the 50% loss in zombie count
and the 500 zombie life is trivial when zombies are level 20. amounting to around 1k life and at best 1.5k with you snap shot exploit.

but 1k life doesn't make up losing 5 7k life minions.

Well I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with you.
It does not halve the zombie count it only makes half your zombie army über-powerful sons of bitches. the other half stays the same. (snapshot)

So pretty much the rest of your calculation is wrong. You are not losing any zombies at the end.

Also having more resist on summons is never wrong, it might actually free up mana to use a different aura. I don't see why that would be wrong.

OT: for people who cant afford most of these expensive snapshotting items, the possibility to just snapshot with a plain 6L chest is what makes it bearable to play. Imagine when you have to resummon your army all the time because you dont have 50ex to buy those uniques.

I guess the main difference is that even without godly gear still you can get by with a summoner (even if its bloody annoying to go back for the same spectre all the time) while with other characters you need to grind a lot. You might die a lot, but still you can make progress.

Still without good items or snapshotting I don't think you can beat Dominus (not even talking about higher level maps)
No amount of bug abuse is ok, by definition.
"
NiNcsszaM wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
the problem is that ,that is pretty much the only use a summoner would ever have with those items.

this is especially true for mon'treguls grasp which is a terrible item to actually use.

it gives resists which are entirely pointless since minion builds use resist auras (or they are shit)

the 100% increased damage is completely countered by the 50% loss in zombie count
and the 500 zombie life is trivial when zombies are level 20. amounting to around 1k life and at best 1.5k with you snap shot exploit.

It does not halve the zombie count it only makes half your zombie army über-powerful sons of bitches. the other half stays the same. (snapshot)

no this is if they fix snap shotting, would you use monti if you could not snap shot ? that is my point when i say *actually use* i mean you actually have it in your active slot all the time . no snap shot.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 4, 2014, 9:17:29 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
NiNcsszaM wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

no this is if they fix snap shotting, would you use monti if you could not snap shot ? that is my point when i say *actually use* i mean you actually have it in your active slot all the time . no snap shot.

AAaah this makes more sense :)

I would at least try. Though never had the cash to actually buy one. I could imagine though that having 5 zombie is enough. I am running 6 at the moment and they are only for tanking purposes anyway for me. Spectres are doing the damage.
Well for me , I do not own montreguls. It is far to expensive for what it does and its longevity, given the current debates on snapshoting, is dubious to say the least.

I use 8 zombies as single target damage at level 18 8 of them can kill dominus in 3 seconds per form.
So there is that.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
Well for me , I do not own montreguls. It is far to expensive for what it does and its longevity, given the current debates on snapshoting, is dubious to say the least.

I use 8 zombies as single target damage at level 18 8 of them can kill dominus in 3 seconds per form.
So there is that.

wow thats massively impressive. I cant even do that with my BM/Evangelist combo. what do you boost them with so much?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info