Confused about why some bug abuse are acceptable and other not

Mmm I though that with all the Buff Summons were getting with last patch, that GGG would have Fixed snapshotting.

I remember finding a bug where you could shot arrows and swap to unarmed to get the Facebreaker buff before it hits. I told GGG and they quickly fixed it.

What is the difference between that case and snapshotting? why is one considered must-fix bug and the other an acceptable abuse.

Why are some bug more moraly and "legaly" acceptable
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jan 30, 2014, 8:10:03 PM
Maybe one takes a longer time to fix than the other?
zombiedismembermentfuckyeah!
"
RandallMourn wrote:
Maybe one takes a longer time to fix than the other?
GGG are quite fast to fix things and this bug is known for a loong time

ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
they have higher priorities. snapshotting minions doesn't negate content like COD did.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

Sometimes, yes. Sometimes, no (i.e. desynch). Not sure how long this particular bug has been known but I'd be willing to wager that there are some as longstanding. Maybe you're right. Maybe it is a quick fix and they're not being arsed to do it for whatever reason. But we don't really know what this specific case would require. So, I was just positing a possibility that's within the realm of reason.
zombiedismembermentfuckyeah!
"
RandallMourn wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

Sometimes, yes. Sometimes, no (i.e. desynch). Not sure how long this particular bug has been known but I'd be willing to wager that there are some as longstanding. Maybe you're right. Maybe it is a quick fix and they're not being arsed to do it for whatever reason. But we don't really know what this specific case would require. So, I was just positing a possibility that's within the realm of reason.
Lol but desync is something completely different
its a combinaison of Physical"real world" and game mechanic choice

thats exactly why i chose to compare it to Facebreaker-Swapping bug, because its kinda pretty much the same
Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.
Code warrior
"
Rhys wrote:
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.

I always figured some glitches and bugs are much harder to fix, and this as far as I can tell, is a great summary of that opinion.

Stuck that on my sig, its a good one. I miss charan being a forum mod.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
Last edited by Zalm on Jan 30, 2014, 8:35:57 PM
Snap shotting is to difficult for them to fix so they either said fuck it, or are working on it.
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
I don't see how it's not a bad thing that players are easily being rushed to level 100 and so now..something that should be incredibly hard. It's basically cheating. It's bug abuse.

Thought it'd be more concern for GGG..guess you guys are more worried about new portal effects & what not. :/

Spoiler
Not trying to make a knock here. I know GGG are busy, and have a lot on their plate. But it's to much on their plate and that's why I believe the game never should have been released yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info