Do you think PoE needs a "Loot 2.0" overhaul?

"
Loot 2.0 is only necessary when an ARPG dosen't have proper crafting. However, its still better than a retarded gambling system

PoE should 1up Diablo 3 by completely revamping the crafting system (Hire brotherlaz you idiots... he designed most of the uniques, why not crafting ffs?)

Seconded brother laz is a mean lean arpg making machine.
Instead of crafting 2.0 just make the item hunt more rewarding. People asking for crafting 2.0 are basically just asking for the same 'I want better gear easier' in a different way. And for me boosting crafting or trade just further deters from a satisfying loot hunt which is the whole point of an arpg.
I think people are forgetting just how good crafting is in this game. You can craft very powerful items with much less rng than you realize especially when compared to how long it would take to get those same items to drop off a monster. PoE has one of the most generous crafting systems in any arpg that lets you modify nearly every aspect of an item, what more could you ask for?
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
I think people are forgetting just how good crafting is in this game. You can craft very powerful items with much less rng than you realize especially when compared to how long it would take to get those same items to drop off a monster. PoE has one of the most generous crafting systems in any arpg that lets you modify nearly every aspect of an item, what more could you ask for?

Well I dumped about 500 Nemesis hours into crafting 1 item, failed, and quit playing. There are too many layers of RNG. Crafting is smoke and mirrors, full of "you could" and "aww almost". The potential is amazing, but crafting end game items are unrealistic even for the 8-12 hour a day players like myself. I am extremely stubborn, and I get stupid sometimes trying to prove a point. That's why I kept trying to craft on a single weapon for so long. All of my rl buddies quit playing way before I did, but in the end it broke me too.
Forum probation for calling someone a 'troll', so I lifetime banned myself from spending money on PoE.
Right now it feels really unrewarding. Just remove all item rarity/quantity and replace it by a substantial increases in drops from rares/bosses. Also increase quantity/rarity from chests and introduce new (and more) wealth-type mobs.

I'm so sick of item rarity constantly limiting and influencing new builds because without it the game is so boring.
vaal or no balls
"
nGio wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

Well I dumped about 500 Nemesis hours into crafting 1 item, failed, and quit playing. There are too many layers of RNG. Crafting is smoke and mirrors, full of "you could" and "aww almost". The potential is amazing, but crafting end game items are unrealistic even for the 8-12 hour a day players like myself. I am extremely stubborn, and I get stupid sometimes trying to prove a point. That's why I kept trying to craft on a single weapon for so long. All of my rl buddies quit playing way before I did, but in the end it broke me too.

I understand it feels that way, hug nGio, but examine crafting as it is against the other two methods of acquiring better gear - trade and drops. Clearly trade will always beat crafting and drops, that's a given, but crafting beats drops by a country mile and crafting when used in tandem with trade makes the loot hunt seem almost irrelevant. So in that logical regard I think I have to change my mind and agree with those asking for some degree of better rewards from loot. It is clearly the most inferior method of getting items. Also I play solo self-found and even under those circumstances crafting beats out drops by a far margin.

And also yes, remove mf from the game it's archaic and not fun.
No, no and No. If PoE goes anywhere near something close to D3 I'll quit. Easy as that. Did I mention No?
Yep, big time. There's no way PoE can be regarded as a successful trading/economy game when there are only 3 well-defined tiers of items. 6-links/uber uniques ~ 40ex, good rares/midtier uniques ~ 10ex, everything else ~ less than an alch. How are you ever supposed to 'trade up' for a good item when you can't sell the majority of what you find for diddly-squat?

There's two main reason I attribute for this is happening: The tiered unique drop rate makes 98% of them worthless, 1% decent, 1% uber, and the lack of new players entering the game.

I made a sale thread yesterday with 1.5 ex rat's next, a bunch of other decent uniques like Diedre's, Sin Trek, Queen's Decree, Blood Dance all priced at 1 chaos and several other lesser uniques at 1 alch. Not a single thing sold. That tells me that everyone still playing at this point basically has what they need, so these 'decent' uniques have essentially 0 value.

That means the only option to be able to even afford a mid-tier unique (~10ex) is to grind for months in order to be able to produce the raw currency. Doesn't seem like a rewarding or sustainable methodology to apply to a loot-based game. There's no illusion of 'garnering power' or 'accumulating wealth', I literally see it as scrounging around in the PoE dirt for pennies. It is a massive, massive oversight in this game's design.
Dont know if this game Needs loot 2.0 guess that would result in a lot of tears by many self titeled hardcore Gamers if the actually have to Play the game to get loot and no longer get everything they want instantly by trading.

I still didnt get what is hardcore about trading - the most hardcore idea for an ARPG is BoA .... no more help from others - help yourself ... sounds quite hardcore.

I think one has to be careful for what one is whishing.
Let's say PoE gets a very rewarding crafting system which can be considered a steady source of usable items. So far, so good.
But there are consequences: Many players, especially those who play a lot, will usually do what is most efficient to acquire their gear. If that happens to be crafing, not much killing of mobs will actually happen in this game. People will stay in town, crafting or trying to buy the mats.

ATM the most efficient way to obtain your items is trading, which also usually means standing in town and not killing mobs.

Both ways are NOT what 'ARPG' means for most people, as is shown by the amount of complaining about trading being far and away the best method to gear up.

BTW the best feature in RoS is a hidden RNG safety net that checks for leg drops. It alleviates streaks of extreme unluck. I can see a similar system in PoE, for higher currency. I wonder how many millions of mobs I've slaughtered since my last Exalted or Divine dropped.

The safety net doesn't guarantee drops and there is no 'meter' you can see. I think of it as a similar mechanic to the entropy counter on Evasion here, though much more intricate.
Deutscher Chat: /global 4745

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info