Are mods being overly strict now?

"
iamstryker wrote:
I'm going talk about something that just happened after one of my posts. I'm not mad or anything I just want to pose the question and see what other players think. I would e-mail support if I thought it was a big deal but its just something that I will adjust to in the future.

Here's what happened:

I posted in a thread about summoner snap-shotting. A poster in that thread said that it was intended. I responded simply "Its not intended, that would be retarded". I very quickly got a PM that my post had been changed. The words "That would be retarded" had been removed. When I questioned the mod he said that due to their new policy my post had been changed because it was not civil and constructive.

I'm surprised how strict they are being. Does everyone think this is cool now or is this being far too strict? I'm not even sure how to feel about it.

I dont think theyre being too strict.

Back when i still played World of Warcraft (over a year of not playing now), their forums were a complete shitstorm. The amount of trolling and flaming going on all the time was derailing threads and causing good threads to be shutdown, those same posts that were trolling have also caused unwarranted and terrible changes to the game.

By enforcing their rules they create a friendly, fun, constructive and meaningful forum. I dont know how many gaming forums you use, but GGGs is definitely the best ive ever used in terms of community maturity, usefulness.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
"
Deize wrote:

There is plenty of known scammers that have been reported several times directly to GGG via e-mails and guess what? They don't fucking care or do anything about it. Don't come with this "Praise GGG god" bullshit on me again. Pls..

See my post above. I'm not saying 'praise GGG god'. I think they've fucked up on a number of fronts. I'm just saying WHY name-and-shame should not be publicly allowed. Learn.

I guess we will just agree to disagree on the issue. I think the approach to name-and-shame that GGG is taking is really poor.

For example, there are people who ran their "league to league" trading threads. Whenever they scam somebody and that person reports it to that same thread, mods actually delete said posts, leaving the scammer invincible, protected by the system, no way of letting the public know that he's not to be trusted.

I understand the name-and-shame can get out of hand, but that is on the extreme end on the other side, while GGG operates on the absolute extreme end on the opposite side. Would it really be that hard to operate somewhere in the middle?

I will never agree with their current, may I say, bullshit, policy in regards to this matter in particular. Having been the the victim of a griefer in OB, it resulted in me quitting the game simply because I could not let my story be heard, nor did GGG care to take any action against said person after I emailed. It's really disgusting how much scammers are protected. I'll probably not give GGG another dime until they adjust that policy (yes I know I'm being bordeline petty, and my $10 wont make or break the company, it's matter of principle, I'm just putting it on the table).

P.S. is this conversation off topic now? lol.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Bukariin wrote:
I mean, do you not understand "retarded" being a little off-color?

Or are you defending the use of the word as being completely non-offensive?

I don't think it should be looked at any worse than if I had said "That would be stupid".

Isn't this forum for adults?

Exactly.

Real, mature adults don't throw around words like these in public places.
You will understand someday.
Just popping in to say thank to Bex, for posting multiple times in this... ghastly thread.

A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
whitebunny83 wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Bukariin wrote:
I mean, do you not understand "retarded" being a little off-color?

Or are you defending the use of the word as being completely non-offensive?

I don't think it should be looked at any worse than if I had said "That would be stupid".

Isn't this forum for adults?

Exactly.

Real, mature adults don't throw around words like these in public places.
You will understand someday.

Last time I checked words like stupid and dumb are part of the English language and used commonly in everyday conversation.

Mature adults use those words so what was your point again?
Standard Forever
GGG obviously doesn't like the 'R' word. Many forum users also do not like the 'R' word.

Why not just find a replacement word and use that when posting in GGG's forum instead? Learn the concept of respect.
"

Why not just find a replacement word and use that when posting in GGG's forum instead? Learn the concept of respect.

Did I ever say that I wasn't going to?

Does anyone ever read the OP before posting anymore these days?
Standard Forever
What was the point of making a thread about it and arguing for 18 pages about how you feel it's adult and necessary that you use the word?

Just accept they don't want crap like that in their forum, and change your posting lingo.

Overly strict? I don't think they are strict enuf!!
"
What was the point of making a thread about it and arguing for 18 pages about how you feel it's adult and necessary that you use the word?

I clearly put in the OP that I made the thread to see what other players thought. I also put in there that I think its being overly strict. I don't think I ever said that its necessary that I use that word, I was just responding to people who strongly disagree with my opinion on the subject. I've never said that I wouldn't attempt to follow the forums rules.

"

Just accept they don't want crap like that in their forum, and change your posting lingo.

I've planned on it. However at the time I made this thread I was still clueless as to what the problem was in the first place. From my point of view the guidelines that the mod pointed me to did absolutely nothing to show me what was wrong with my post that had been edited. Now I kind of understand what they are doing but I still think its very subjective and going to be enforced very inconsistently.

Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info