Are mods being overly strict now?

"
"
Bukariin wrote:
You do understand that there are people who are mentally retarded through no choice of their own and have to live with that disability, right?

Do you think that the quality of these forums is less because you can't demean a disabled minority?

Be prepared for callng someone "blind" to be censored next. "Crazy" comes after that. Then "disabled" ("my forum privileges were physically challenged") and then "mods" ("people of moderating abilities")

Just don't complain about the pussyfication (sorry, vaginalization) of society in general.

Your ignorance in this post is spectacular. The word 'pussy' as regards 'weak', 'cowardly' and 'soft' has nothing to do with the female genitalia. Do a little research next time.
"You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. You run into assholes all day, you're the asshole." -- Raylan Givens, "Justified"

B is for Badass, C is for Crazy, Alt-F4 pussies.
"

I think there's big difference between "that would be retarded" and "you are retarded to believe that". The first attacks the idea, the second is shows hate for the person. Of course I haven't seen your whole post and maybe what you wrote before and/or after highly insinuates that the other person was retarded.

It's not so much what you say, it's how you say it.

What I wrote in the OP was all of it. The entire post was "Its not intended, That would be retarded".

I think the mod looked at it as criticism of the devs however I wasn't even referring to the devs because I do not believe that they have ever intended for snap-shotting to be a game play feature. I think they are just allowing it for now until they can figure out how to eliminate it.

I guess the moral of the story is don't ever just say that any feature or game design decision is dumb. You need to explain it in detail every time.

Edit: I personally think that Charans post above this one is far worse than the one in my OP. But thats just me.
Tilt
Last edited by iamstryker on January 24, 2014 10:39 PM
"
I would say that globaly the moderation is fine... the only and biggest problem is the ultra division of everything into unvisited and unappealing sub-forums
remove stupid subforums like Suggestion and leave it to General and let it be ruled by the Internet law of Reply/Bump

half of GGG determined suggestions arent suggestions and 90% of people "so called" suggestions are only ideas and aspect of the game that people want to discuss around

Earlier in this thread I have outlined a few of the reasons why these types of separate indexes are necessary. We try to encourage users to utilize these sections so that the sections are working effectively. You may notice that the new forum indexes reflects this as well.

It's also a cyclic issue. If more users post in General Discussion, fewer people visit the other indexes. If fewer people visit other indexes, then more users posts in General.

We try to vigilantly move posts to more appropriate sections to continue their usage and to make sure information is in its appropriate place. Please be mindful that the description on General Discussion states that it is for thread topics that are related to Path of Exile but have no more appropriate index.
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
°·. <'}}}>< °·. <'}}}>< °·. <'}}}>< °·. <'}}}>< °·. <'}}}>< °·. <'}}}>< °·. <'}}}><
My only suggestion is to remove the General button from the forum droptab. It would encourage people to find the right thread area for their posts.
2 feedbacks:

1) Someone should not be allowed to abuse the "report" to @SUPPORT too often.
I realised it can become bad.

2) Do you know Minority report? For ultimate moderation efficiency you should moderate saved drafts of comments not posted yet!
:D

ps: i am serious about "1)"
http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_
Remove the drop down for general as others have said. Also, if everyone really wants a place to foam at the mouth. Add a 'Flame' forum where anything goes. That is something I've seen other forums do sometimes. One section is just a total wasteland of no moderation. Everyone who wants to be a huge prick can just go there and have fun.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
"
TRV wrote:
My only suggestion is to remove the General button from the forum droptab. It would encourage people to find the right thread area for their posts.

We are looking at changing the drop down menu soon. It will likely still include General Discussion but will also include other relevant indexes as well. I'm unable to speculate as to when this may be implemented but I agree that it would be helpful.

"
2 feedbacks:

1) Someone should not be allowed to abuse the "report" to @SUPPORT too often.
I realised it can become bad.

I can see where you might be coming from with this but it does somewhat imply that we act on issues simply because they were reported, but that is not the case. We do receive a lot of reports but we only act on issues that we feel have infringed on our Forum Guidelines or Terms of Use in some way. In this sense, it is not really possible to abuse the report options available.
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
°·. <'}}}>< °·. <'}}}>< °·. <'}}}>< °·. <'}}}>< °·. <'}}}>< °·. <'}}}>< °·. <'}}}><
"
Remove the drop down for general as others have said. Also, if everyone really wants a place to foam at the mouth. Add a 'Flame' forum where anything goes. That is something I've seen other forums do sometimes. One section is just a total wasteland of no moderation. Everyone who wants to be a huge prick can just go there and have fun.

Where is it, where is it?!?!?!!

:))

I thought before to add more to the dropdown menu but i see now it would indeed be much better to simple remove it so that people learn to use it naturally.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Here is an example of foolish moderation if i have ever seen it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/748253/page/1

PoE Currency Exchange Central. This thread was moved to gameplay help, which will eliminate the whole project due to lack of attention. If your intention was to kill it, then consider the action right on.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Here is an example of foolish moderation if i have ever seen it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/748253/page/1

PoE Currency Exchange Central. This thread was moved to gameplay help, which will eliminate the whole project due to lack of attention. If your intention was to kill it, then consider the action right on.

Almost as good as them moving my 100% free maps give away that gave out nearly 200 maps into item showcase where it could die.

After Yeran did that I completely stopped trying to help the community. [Removed by Admin]
@sosocold

"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by Bex_GGG on January 24, 2014 11:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info