Mace/Shield LS Templar with Video and writeup(Written for New Players)

"
Cyrisus wrote:
Hey, I picked up Heavy Strike and Shield Charge from the quest rewards instead of Decoy Totem, And so far I've put them both to good use while leveling. I use Heavy Strike when dealing with Lone trash mobs and bosses and Shield Charge to stun important targets or to flee when it gets to tough. So I was just wondering is decoy totem a must get or can I skip it?

It's not at all necessary. I just found it to be very useful during my leveling process. Heavy strike is really good single target DPS and I would keep that around for bosses and such.

Don't worry too much about specific skills until endgame(and by that time you'll know what skills you really want to use) as long as you have lightning strike you're golden :)
-deleted-
Last edited by projarrod on Jan 27, 2013, 1:50:45 PM
"
Hey, I play a similar templar but instead of taking all the physical damage nodes i have taken the %lightning damage nodes.

My question is, Is it better to take the %lightning nodes or should i concentrate more upon the %physical damage nodes? or both?

Lightning strike converts 50% of your physical damage into lightning damage.

So it's better to take that physical damage rather than lightning damage.

Ex.

You do 100 physical damage. 50% of that is converted into lightning so you're actually dealing 50 physical, 50 lightning.

The way I understand it from reading the tooltip your physical damage gets counted first, THEN converted.

So with +8% physical damage you'd do 108 total damage, breaking down into 54 and 54.

But if you took +6% lightning damage that calculation would look like:

100 physical into 50 physical, 50 lightning + 6% = 53, for a total of 103 damage.

Someone correct me if my understanding of how these calculations work is wrong, but I think that's how it's done, so it makes sense math wise to take the physical damage % increases.
This build is much better then the previous one I listed, at the cost of like 40int you get 3x more health nodes and 3x more dmg nodes.

"
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbE8wUTRVQGekaMh0UI00kiyftKMUpTzKJNuk9D0A2QT9DY0RyRtdMNU3YT31P81FgUeZR-VfiWPVmnme9cH1xTXKpd-V8u3zZffWAVoFvgpuExIuMjHaPRpBVms-boZ3EnjyiAKcIqZWqUqyqtC-0-bcxwBrEFcT20NDa3d6w3sHhc-Nq44LkIuSt5wvsy-0g7m_wH_Pd-tLzviSqGYUZLtSPud3vDvIv51JUSV8_9kiMz1BQWGPG2D38fLgpLhpsM5ZzP0GMz2VVxhZv
What do you guys think about unwaivering stance? Would it be possible to squeeze it in the build
"
What do you guys think about unwaivering stance? Would it be possible to squeeze it in the build

Here is unwaving stance, you are giving up a huge amount of life and damage for it without much in return. Also to reach this point in the build is almost unrealistic for atleast a month or more.

"
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbE8wUTRVQGekaMh0UI00kiyftKMUpTzKJNuk9D0A2QT9DY0RyRtdMNU3YT31P81FgUeZR-VfiWPVmnnB9cU1yqXflfLt82X31gFaBb4KbhMSLjIx2j0aQVZrPncSePKIApwiplapSrKq0L7T5tzHAGsQVxPba3d6w3sHhc-Nq44LkIuSt5wvsy-0g8B_z3frS874kqhmFGS7Uj7nd7w7yL-dSVElfP_ZIjM9QUFhjxtg9_Hy4KS4abDOWcz9BjNlhVw3SIZ7NpzAB5zboOlKGYFYEYVKfyw==
"
"
zanik93 wrote:
I'm wondering wouldn't I have very low dps with this build? Also would be nice to use Shock Nova aswell

Also for single target dmg wouldnt it be good to take elemental hit since you've specced in elemental dmg?

Edit: Can u please tell which support gems to use?
EDIT2: Nvm, Shock Nova is a bad choice tbh.

Yes currently I'm using Weapon Elemental Damage to support lightning strike. My weapon has quite a bit of base elemental damage and then the lightning strike component added to it makes the damage increase by quite a bit. This formula might change if the weapon didn't have any elemental damage on it and then physical weapon damage support might be better, I'm not sure, it's good to just swap out supports and read the DPS tooltip to see which one gives you the highest DPS.

I'm not very familiar with shock nova so I couldn't say.

I meant Elemental Hit(The gem, not the support one) For Single target dps.
"
projarrod wrote:
"

Here is unwaving stance, you are giving up a huge amount of life and damage for it without much in return. Also to reach this point in the build is almost unrealistic for atleast a month or more.

"
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbE8wUTRVQGekaMh0UI00kiyftKMUpTzKJNuk9D0A2QT9DY0RyRtdMNU3YT31P81FgUeZR-VfiWPVmnnB9cU1yqXflfLt82X31gFaBb4KbhMSLjIx2j0aQVZrPncSePKIApwiplapSrKq0L7T5tzHAGsQVxPba3d6w3sHhc-Nq44LkIuSt5wvsy-0g8B_z3frS874kqhmFGS7Uj7nd7w7yL-dSVElfP_ZIjM9QUFhjxtg9_Hy4KS4abDOWcz9BjNlhVw3SIZ7NpzAB5zboOlKGYFYEYVKfyw==

I would agree, that's REALLY REALLY far out of your way, and I've yet to have problems with stuns on the Templar. You're not casting that many spells so you're not gettin interrupted there.
1º)Using Zealot's Oath with Vitality Gem can be effective?
2º) I have serious problem to find good gear with Armor/ES plus necessary stats. I'm on level 34 and still hard I need kitty most of the time.
3ª)I use Clarity and Tempest Shield(Trying use with Lighting penetration but this up the cost of the Reserved mana a lot) on active buffs and Warlord, LS( WED Suport), Enduring Cry, Rejuvenation totem( the skill using Zealot's Oath change to ES regen? and OMG this skill is f****k good) and Leap Slam(Save my life 90% of the time).
That is the build on the moment:
Templar TankLS/ES

That is my current gear:
I don't understand, why do you have your lightning penetration gem on warlords mark?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info