Mace/Shield LS Templar with Video and writeup(Written for New Players)

"
projarrod wrote:
I don't understand, why do you have your lightning penetration gem on warlords mark?

He probably just has it there to level up the gem, and is not really using it for any skills right now.
"
projarrod wrote:
I don't understand, why do you have your lightning penetration gem on warlords mark?

Projjarod, which supportive gems u would suggest me to use on LS?
Also which gem to take for singel target dps? Since this tree has lots of elemental dmg I was thinking of Elemental Hit.

So far the build is working great tho I'm not that far on the game. Will post feedback when I reach cruel difficulty.
Last edited by zanik93 on Jan 27, 2013, 3:36:32 PM
"
projarrod wrote:
This build is much better then the previous one I listed, at the cost of like 40int you get 3x more health nodes and 3x more dmg nodes.

"
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbE8wUTRVQGekaMh0UI00kiyftKMUpTzKJNuk9D0A2QT9DY0RyRtdMNU3YT31P81FgUeZR-VfiWPVmnme9cH1xTXKpd-V8u3zZffWAVoFvgpuExIuMjHaPRpBVms-boZ3EnjyiAKcIqZWqUqyqtC-0-bcxwBrEFcT20NDa3d6w3sHhc-Nq44LkIuSt5wvsy-0g7m_wH_Pd-tLzviSqGYUZLtSPud3vDvIv51JUSV8_9kiMz1BQWGPG2D38fLgpLhpsM5ZzP0GMz2VVxhZv

Hi guys - i am new to PoE. Literally started playing awesome game. Anyway playing Templar as i always enjoyed tanky like classes and this seems to be right up there. Question though - if we take that skill that makes it impossible to miss with basic attacks why are we still getting some dex with the build? (the one quoted here as i too think it's improved from the looks of it)

I only ask because i am new so i am fairly new to the stat mechanics.. a way of learning i guess =). Keep up the good work both of you great stuff !
"
projarrod wrote:

JUst for leveling gem, I put that on Tempest shield and the mana cost up to 35%reserve so I can't use my warlord skill, so I just put in a socket to leveling ;D
Last edited by projarrod on Jan 27, 2013, 4:20:05 PM
"
projarrod wrote:

What did you change here? I'm not seeing what's different than the one I updated the OP with.
Hey, I was just wondering, is there any particular reason why you didn't take the 3 lightning damage nodes next to Elementalist?
Hey guys.
Im a lvl 24 Templar that just switched over to this build from using a 2h sweep build.

I currently have my LS connected with a +Weapon Elemental Dmg and +Lightning Dmg support gem. The problem is that this makes me go OOM really fast. What do you think I should do to combat this?

Get more +max mana/mana regen gear or just remove a support gem and let my DPS drop?

Thanks
"
NeilCotts wrote:
Hey guys.
Im a lvl 24 Templar that just switched over to this build from using a 2h sweep build.

I currently have my LS connected with a +Weapon Elemental Dmg and +Lightning Dmg support gem. The problem is that this makes me go OOM really fast. What do you think I should do to combat this?

Get more +max mana/mana regen gear or just remove a support gem and let my DPS drop?

Thanks

I'd remove whichever one gives you less of a DPS boost. I'm starting to run into this issue myself, with having to choose between Wrath or Tempest shield and not being able to stick more than one support on LS because of mana.

Blood magic really is looking more and more appealing as I go higher level but don't know quite how to fit it into the build. You'd have to "waste" about 7 points on filler nodes to reach it.

Anyone have a good answer to the mana problem?
I am trying out this build and was wondering, what Bandit Quest reward should i take in a2?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info