ZIGGYD's Rain of Arrows Ranger (Top 40 Nemesis 1 Week Race Build) 1.1 Updated!

Heres the tree I'm using in Ambush. I based it off of Ziggy's tree but also changed it up a bit. Been working out really well for me. I play solo so I choose to go a bit more tanky so that I can face tank a bit easier.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QUtCC4LYQ48EuEZjhn-Gj4aVRsBG8gj9iSdKS4ppTGeMgkyfjKUNZI26DpSPfxDMUZpSn1N404qVElVtVb6Vw1YY1ivWkhbr14TXz9gS2EhYlpko2egapNsRm5pcmxyqXRBdO1313gNeWh673y4fNl_AoTvh3aI8YzPkAqRzpUFm42ezZ_LoSKiQKTCplem4KfUqW6v67XytkG77b6nwA_BBMSixLjG2NIh0k3TftXt1fjZxtwV3Q3tg-4O73rv8PGs8i_0-PZI9zL3vvzF_o_-yA==

I took primal spirit and the mana regen nodes in the duelist area to deal with the changes to leech. With that plus a bit of extra mana regen from gear and about 2% mana leech from gear RoA is completely sustainable even with a low dps bow. Can get rid of it later when you have more dps. Can also add in sentinel or diamond skin if you're lacking elemental resistance from gear.

I use barrage instead of frenzy for my single target just because it scales really well LGoH and you can face tank bosses with it into merciless. This is a non crit version of the build.

Until I picked up Unwavering I used Blind with my RoA, was really great defensive move.

Good dps with just 4 links so can be a cheap build

RoA-Faster attacks-Physical projectile damage-Faster projectiles (can use conc effect instead of faster projectiles, i just don't have one yet).

Barrage - LGoH - Faster attacks - Physical projectile damage

Bandits:

Normal - help oak
Cruel - help oak
Merc - skill point (you can help oak too if you want the extra endurance charge, your call really)
Last edited by Obidoobie on Mar 11, 2014, 3:23:12 PM
Last edited by DeadlyParadox on Mar 12, 2014, 12:40:43 AM
What is the direction to go in the early levels (below 50) in terms of gear & passives
Last edited by softkeks on Mar 13, 2014, 5:41:03 AM
Hi, I am playing this build on Invasion. I noticed that we pass from some mana nodes. We reach some mana gain on kill, regen and incrased mana nodes and don't take them. Maybe if we take some of them we can play this with mana? This would open a socket and increase our damage. If we had mind drinker I would definetly play on mana but it is far away, so wouldn't worth it. What do you think?
it all comes down to if you can sacrifice the points or not really. But from what I have read it would take a significant investment in the mana area to be worth it and that is why most stick with blood magic.
"
Heres the tree I'm using in Ambush. I based it off of Ziggy's tree but also changed it up a bit. Been working out really well for me. I play solo so I choose to go a bit more tanky so that I can face tank a bit easier.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QUtCC4LYQ48EuEZjhn-Gj4aVRsBG8gj9iSdKS4ppTGeMgkyfjKUNZI26DpSPfxDMUZpSn1N404qVElVtVb6Vw1YY1ivWkhbr14TXz9gS2EhYlpko2egapNsRm5pcmxyqXRBdO1313gNeWh673y4fNl_AoTvh3aI8YzPkAqRzpUFm42ezZ_LoSKiQKTCplem4KfUqW6v67XytkG77b6nwA_BBMSixLjG2NIh0k3TftXt1fjZxtwV3Q3tg-4O73rv8PGs8i_0-PZI9zL3vvzF_o_-yA==

I took primal spirit and the mana regen nodes in the duelist area to deal with the changes to leech. With that plus a bit of extra mana regen from gear and about 2% mana leech from gear RoA is completely sustainable even with a low dps bow. Can get rid of it later when you have more dps. Can also add in sentinel or diamond skin if you're lacking elemental resistance from gear.

I use barrage instead of frenzy for my single target just because it scales really well LGoH and you can face tank bosses with it into merciless. This is a non crit version of the build.

Until I picked up Unwavering I used Blind with my RoA, was really great defensive move.

Good dps with just 4 links so can be a cheap build

RoA-Faster attacks-Physical projectile damage-Faster projectiles (can use conc effect instead of faster projectiles, i just don't have one yet).

Barrage - LGoH - Faster attacks - Physical projectile damage

Bandits:

Normal - help oak
Cruel - help oak
Merc - skill point (you can help oak too if you want the extra endurance charge, your call really)

This looks now very viable. However I do not leech enough life to sustain my life pool when using a BM gem. Even with big packs of mobs and life leech gem I find myself going down in health more then I am gaining. I can manage this with some flask usage but I have the same with mana leech(using mana for barrage). I have 2% mana leech on gear which was normally enough to keep up with the mana. But with the leech changes I just cannot keep up with it.

Maybe a quality LL will solve the problem a bit as you heal faster? I also use LGOH with barrage and that seems to work very well! Might try LGOH with RA and see if that will work better.
Ziggy's builds seem to be getting updates on his YouTube channel, so if you guys would rather wait and see what changes he makes to his build, I'm assuming it won't be long until we have an update from him.
Here is the updated passive tree!

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4CcQSzCC4UTRUgGYUZjhn-GjgabBsBI_YkqiftKaUqTSzpMZ4yCTKJMpQ1kjbpOuE8LT8nSn1KyE4qVvpX4lnzWhpaSFuvZp5noGqTbBZsRm6qcmxyqXRBd9d82X11fwKDOIPbh3aI8ZAKkFWVBZuNogCkwqZXpuCnhKfUqW6sqq_rtfK2Qbc-u-O-p8APwBrEosT2xq7NmM5x0k3TftXt2cbcFd0N3sbjaupi7Djtg-4O73rvfO_w8B_yRfPd-rH60vxL_MX-Cv66_sg=

props to Tanakaeh for help with the structure of it!

Seems just as strong as ever! :D
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
"
ZiggyD wrote:
Here is the updated passive tree!

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4CcQSzCC4UTRUgGYUZjhn-GjgabBsBI_YkqiftKaUqTSzpMZ4yCTKJMpQ1kjbpOuE8LT8nSn1KyE4qVvpX4lnzWhpaSFuvZp5noGqTbBZsRm6qcmxyqXRBd9d82X11fwKDOIPbh3aI8ZAKkFWVBZuNogCkwqZXpuCnhKfUqW6sqq_rtfK2Qbc-u-O-p8APwBrEosT2xq7NmM5x0k3TftXt2cbcFd0N3sbjaupi7Djtg-4O73rvfO_w8B_yRfPd-rH60vxL_MX-Cv66_sg=

props to Tanakaeh for help with the structure of it!

Seems just as strong as ever! :D

Even with no ll from passives and no Iron Grip?

I'm currently using this build (invasion) - is it worth to respec? :)
Spoiler
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QguDjwUIBRNFHEVIBiRGY4ZtBn-Gj4bASP2Jy8pLimlKk0s6TGeMgkyfjKUNZI26DpSPC09_D8nSn1KyEz_TeNOKlBHVElW-lhjWK9aSFuvXz9noGoebEZuqnJsdEF313gNfwKDOId2iPGMz5UFm42ezZ_LoSKiAKJApKykwqZXpuCnMKfUqBipbq9sr-u18rc-vJ--p8APxKLFisauxtjK082Y0iHSTdN-2cbcFd0N3sbjn-pi7YPuDu8O73rvfO_w8B_yL_T49kj3vvqx_MX-Cv6P_sg=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info