ZIGGYD's Rain of Arrows Ranger (Top 40 Nemesis 1 Week Race Build) 1.1 Updated!

"
ZiggyD wrote:

Did some more research and turns out it isn't based on the centre - rather each mob hit as your quote said. Thanks for that!

Nonetheless the reason I use it is still the same - we get 50% more damage when we are trying to DPS down a rare or boss with a group and vs most mobs we get between 50% more and 10% more.

Vs anything edge of screen we do less damage and this helps avoid reflect deaths.

It's a bit of a playstyle thing but based on my play so far I find I'm usually getting a significant benefit from RoA.

Great! Might spec into it tonight and give it a go. 2 points away, should be easy to find something to spec out of :P
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
Thanks for this build Ziggy, it gave me the idea what to go for next after your EK Scion ;)

For me personally getting Point Blank also was an immense boost, as I am playing solo quite often and monsters are running to me. So I'm actually shooting at my position and deal 50% more damage which is HUGE!
With tons of life it's also easy and safe to play, only Chaos Damage hits me hard (on Merciless of course :D).
"
ZiggyD wrote:

Hey Ziggy,

I'd like to try this, but with Blood Magic and Bear Trap focus. Do you reckon it could work?

yeeeeeee awesome Ziggy thank you very much... you rule!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all the great guides. They are well put together, easy to understand, and I find them immensely helpful. I am currently a good way (lv 65) into your LA build as my second ranger. So far it's been great and works as advertized. I was wondering between LA and RoA, what are some of the pro's and con's for each? Or which one you preferred. I am also wondering how Point Black would fit into LA build. It seems more suited for solo play, and I tend to do about 50/50 group/solo.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!
"
_BADKARMA_ wrote:
Thanks for all the great guides. They are well put together, easy to understand, and I find them immensely helpful. I am currently a good way (lv 65) into your LA build as my second ranger. So far it's been great and works as advertized. I was wondering between LA and RoA, what are some of the pro's and con's for each? Or which one you preferred. I am also wondering how Point Black would fit into LA build. It seems more suited for solo play, and I tend to do about 50/50 group/solo.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Here's my breakdown of the two skills.

LA has higher DPS potential with shock stacks and contributes that same damage multiplier to a party. It also has higher damage potential against really large packs as the projectiles chain around more.

RoA has more consistently high damage against packs ranging from single target to large groups limited by the AoE. It's much easier to fire RoA through doors and snipe things like Vaal totems and Necros with it as well. RoA seems to stun lock mobs better too.

In the end the playstyle is quite different especially when you use Point Blank on RoA as well. I really enjoy both for the different reasons though I think RoA is my favourite.

I wouldnt suggest point blank with LA because it naturally works best fire on packs that are far enough away from you as to be outside the PB range anyway. I prefer to take advantage of LA's ability to fire offscreen whenever I can.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
I think you missed posting your chest armor there (or maybe it's me).
"
jmbawagan wrote:
I think you missed posting your chest armor there (or maybe it's me).

Ah I did, thanks! I added it.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
EDIT: Got things figured out.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Last edited by GoranH on Jan 16, 2014, 12:42:36 AM
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Please RNG give me a fishing rod !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info