ZIGGYD's Rain of Arrows Ranger (Top 40 Nemesis 1 Week Race Build) 1.1 Updated!

"
MadMuerto wrote:
Hi Ziggy

Thx for your builds and videos; they gave me much information to understand and start the game.

I have a very subjective question:
Which of your builds (RoA, LA) would you recommend for a casual, 100% solo player with no ambitions of extreme high end game experience (max. map level 70)? I don't think I would be able to afford buying expensive gear at any time (my lvl 67 witch has accumulated about 20-30 chaos over her life), thus, the one with less gear dependable would be better.

I began (and screwed) a LA ranger and I like the concept of it but I also always liked the RoA idea (Barrage in GW 1 & 2 :-)).

Pretty much all of my builds will fit your criteria up to level 70 maps of being effective, fun and cheap to gear. It's only really past there that they start to get more expensive.

That said, it sounds like you've already kind of decided on this RoA build ;) I reckon give it a go, I found the leveling process pretty smooth myself!
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
"
Just wanted to start by saying that I love and watch all your vids and your builds are great!

I'm currently leveling using this build and I've encountered a problem. I'm currently level 25 and progressing but I'm finding myself very mana starved, I'm trying to run blood magic gem to attempt to solve this problem but I'm finding my health is fluctuating a lot and it's sketching me out! :p I was wondering if you had this problem while you were leveling and if so, how did you deal with it?

Also wanted to know when you started using the blood magic support gem!

Thanks Ziggy!

Don't fear the blood magic! You are unlikely to kill yourself with it and you can ride life flasks early on to heal through the self damage. That said try and get a 4link asap so you can run RoA, Life Leech, BM & either faster attacks or added fire. The life leech gem will more than cover the mana costs of the attack as long as your damage isn't too low.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
A cheap Silverbranch can really speed up the leveling process with this build, which you can eventually replace with a cheap deaths harp.

Currently leveling this as a change of pace to my trapper and reaver
"
trann wrote:
A cheap Silverbranch can really speed up the leveling process with this build, which you can eventually replace with a cheap deaths harp.

Currently leveling this as a change of pace to my trapper and reaver

Yeah, we had a Death's Harp drop in the 1 week race and I used it right from the level req to late cruel iirc.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
You said you'd use a white 6L if you had to, so is it okay to be running a Tabula Rasa for a majority of this build and end game?
Mathil Fan Girl
Hey Ziggy, I was wondering if you had any thoughts about trading Conc Effect for the new Physical Projectile Attack support.

It's a somewhat smaller damage boost, but I'm really quite fond of the enormous RoA area.

Thanks for a great guide!
"
Galadedrid wrote:
Hey Ziggy, I was wondering if you had any thoughts about trading Conc Effect for the new Physical Projectile Attack support.

It's a somewhat smaller damage boost, but I'm really quite fond of the enormous RoA area.

Thanks for a great guide!

The way I play my RoA ranger, I just stand in the middle of everything and leech myself to a map clear. Almost nothing kills me except reflect. With Conc Effect, a big part of the damage is in a small area around you, giving you the chance to deal more damage and this leech more. Mob packs are really big enough, or stay big enough (they walk and clump up, etc etc) and the bigger radius would do no good.

At least that's my logic :) Working well so far. Not following this build, but just wanna help out with phys rangers :D
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
This is a really cool and different build. I was always jealous of Marauders and their +2 to max resists. I guess I didn't need to be...

Ironically, my build takes the Scion HP ring so I have just been 6 away but it never seemed like worth using 6 nodes when there was nothing else along the way. I play a physical Frenzy Split Acro/Ondars Build. 5k hp, 15k frenzy 10k SA dps. Hmm...if take of my 10 nodes that apply to crits...that gets me to Resolute Technique and Elemental Adaption. But with no iron grip I am not sure I can make up that huge dps hit or even close that gap.

gah. If you're bored play with a small respec on this to get me those in a way that might make sense - you seem good at this.

Acro/Ondars Frenzy/SA Build

My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Jan 18, 2014, 8:36:44 PM
Would a crit version like this work?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B5wQHBH4FLQW1CC4M8g5IEZYS4RQgFfAZjhn-GlUa2xsBG8gj9iQ8JP0mlSepKaUtHzB8Nj026DnUOlg9Xz7PQzFJUUp9TLNOKlAwUEJQR1FHUlNVS1b6WhpaSFptW69eE2BLYSFirGNDZKNnoG0Zb_JwUnDVdO1673_GhO-HGYd2iGuMNo19jb-XlZuNnaOdqp_LoJ-hpKIuoqOly6cwp1yn1Kp_qri2Qb3mwFHB88Si037VANad3BXdDeHb44TnVO2D7g7veu_w8-r3vvlj_Kv8xf7I
Last edited by Jenson on Jan 19, 2014, 12:28:19 AM
I've been waiting for a new Rain of Arrows build! The skill holds a special place in my heart since I built around it on my first character, although I ran a crit build with Acrobatics instead of Iron Reflexes. Maybe it's time for me to give Iron Reflexes a try.

Why take Resolute Technique when Rain of Arrows never misses? I assume it's to make Frenzy always hit, but with your high attack speed wouldn't you rather put those 3 points into more damage, like the nodes above Acceleration or Sentinel? Maybe I'm thinking that way because I have a 5L Carcass Jack but not a 6 or even 5L bow, which means my Frenzy is 4-linked and really only useful as a way to keep up Frenzy charges.

Is the Life Leech gem truly necessary, or can you get enough leech on your gear that you can drop it?

Thanks for the writeup!

Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info