Piety Out of Control

Dunno about other difficulties but on normal it was cakewalk for my DW ranger. I actually spent only 1 HP flask and downed her in about 20-30 seconds. Totally does not need a nerf on normal.
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Kokoro wrote:
Today I was fighting Piety for the first time on my HC character. I was using my decoy totem to distract her attention for a bit and at the same time hitting her from distance.

Fine for you. Do you now suggest, any build should aim to use totems and ranged attacks? Both abilities are not guaranteed for any class, nor should they be like 'mandatory' for every (viable) build...

I don't suggest anything. It's up to you to prepare some successful tactics or die. Decoy totem is not guaranteed reward for all classes but common, this is a lvl 4 skill which is not a problem to barter from someone. I would say that trade chat is 'mandatory' especially in HC.
I killed Piety twice on normal.
First one solo, second one with a friend.

The first kill wasn't really a problem, stay back and dodge if she uses ranged form, run if
she uses melee form and in between there are phases when she just stands there and does ...
well, it looked like she did nothing special.

The second one was a bit harder, because we were two players, but still not a problem, if I
remember correctly none of us died.

I haven't killed her on cruel yet, but IMO the whole third act is pretty hard on cruel XD.
Teamplay is very useful.
A tank and damage dealer usually works.

I mean ... you can't expect to be able to solo the whole game, unless you got really fuckin'
crazy gear.
Last edited by grasmann on Jan 31, 2013, 5:15:20 AM
I killed piety last night solo normal. I found her to be a long fight, but not exactly difficult, just long. I had 65 cold, 75 lightning, 75 fire resistance. 350 health and 250 energy shields.

I used a combo of icespear + added lightning damage + added chaos damage. The chaos damage would instantly damage her with her shields up.

As for tactics, ice stage, run behind a pillar, lightning stage I just attacked her and fire stage just keep moving so she misses. The one big tip I can give is, you can destroy the portals... if you see an orange portal even on the same screen as you, destroy it. That means if she switches to her fire form she needs to run all the way over to you and loses a lot of time she'll revert back quickly then.

mind you this was on normal I expect her to be far more challenging on cruel
Last edited by SoundwaveOiA on Jan 31, 2013, 6:08:23 AM
She one shot me in Cruel before I actually saw her face, only heard her sharping, piercing, sexy screaming and saw a rolling light ball, next sec I was in town.
"
grasmann wrote:
[...]
I mean ... you can't expect to be able to solo the whole game, unless you got really fuckin'
crazy gear.

Not having a problem with piety but this point is very wrong. We're not playing a MMORPG here. Team play is optional, not mandatory. And it never should be.
"
grasmann wrote:
I killed Piety twice on normal.
First one solo, second one with a friend.

The first kill wasn't really a problem, stay back and dodge if she uses ranged form, run if
she uses melee form and in between there are phases when she just stands there and does ...
well, it looked like she did nothing special.

The second one was a bit harder, because we were two players, but still not a problem, if I
remember correctly none of us died.

I haven't killed her on cruel yet, but IMO the whole third act is pretty hard on cruel XD.
Teamplay is very useful.
A tank and damage dealer usually works.

crazy gear.

Why not? I did that in D2 with multiple characters with self found gear and only little grinding (more for levels then gear, I only made sure I had +x to skills gear)

I just have one reason for the game zealots.

Why SPEND SO MANY TIME AND MONEY on a SO FUCKING HUGE skilltree, GIVE the player TONS of POSSIBILITIES and SCREW ALL THAT WITH BOSSES THATN CAN BE PASSED WITH ONLY 2 or 3 BUILDS when soloing ?

And remember, in the games premises SOLOING is treated as an as big part as partying.
"
Slaunyeh wrote:
I just have one reason for the game zealots.

Why SPEND SO MANY TIME AND MONEY on a SO FUCKING HUGE skilltree, GIVE the player TONS of POSSIBILITIES and SCREW ALL THAT WITH BOSSES THATN CAN BE PASSED WITH ONLY 2 or 3 BUILDS when soloing ?

And remember, in the games premises SOLOING is treated as an as big part as partying.

Challenge, I say it is challenge. 2 out of 4 her attacks actually can miss,If you care for evasion. You should always look ways to addapt your gameplay if suddenly it is bad at something, I meen what point, even building something if you don't meet different kind of challenge. Oh look I'm shooting blue arrows and now I'm hitting with hammer? Some encounters easier to one builds other for others, haven't problems with brutus on my ES/Eva witch on brutus,but had huge problems on my mara. Though she was kinda possible on my mara on normal, On ranger I allmost sure I just killed much easier, by killing lighting portals, to get her in melee or ranged form for faster kill. oh and yeah I was lvl 32 with 900 HP(pretty low), and resists around 55-65 (very low).
Infact this boss has tons of options to kill her, and manipulate her behavior.
I one shot it on both normal and cruel, first time through, as a frost shadow. Summon skeleton totem with minion life and a quicksilver flask will serve you well.

You need to make sure that while you level you are looking for good gear upgrades through trade in-game and on the forums. Without that, I would be struggling. With it, my character is able to stay above the gear curve and with some added knowledge and skill, I can progress through content.

People need to research, learn and plan in order to be successful in this game - just like real life. That's part of why it's challenging. Threads like this remind me of people in real life who blame everyone else for their problems. It's never something they're doing wrong, but what other people need to change to fit what they want. I am thrilled that GGG has a clear direction and isn't swayed by players like this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info