Piety Out of Control

"
Regardless, a dev has said that right now she probably is too anti-minion.

Yeah... it reminds me somewhat on the discussion about Vaal... the fight(s) are 'a little' unfair to some builds, or in some different aspects, they base on some hard-to-obtain requirements... but 'everything else' is fine and satisfying... :shakehead:
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Hi there, thanks for your feedback.
We're aware that there's an unfortunate overlap in Piety's lightning skillset, in that both the Ball Lightning skill and Arc excel at hitting multiple targets, thus being good aginst minion players.
We do intent to replace Arc with another lightning spell once we have time to make a new appropriate one, but for now have to work with what we have - the "Lightning Storm" (reskinned firestorm) skill was added the day before open beta, as my suggestion for something different we could do without having time to make new art assets or complicated skill code.
We're quite happy with how that one turned out as something different from the arc and ball lightning, but when we have time to plan out and create new skills for her to use, we'll be able to make both fights with Piety more varied by replacing Arc with something else that probably doesn't do best against small groups of enemies.

Please don't nerf piety....

I killed her on both cruel and normal without dying once so did my friend who is playing bow shadow. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that she is easier than vaal.

disagree in a pretty big way, unless you are overlevelled or had access to sweet gear shes incredibly hard.
"
bingobill wrote:

disagree in a pretty big way, unless you are overlevelled or had access to sweet gear shes incredibly hard.

Eh, outside of a minion build she is pretty easy. Have maxed lightning and cold resistance and decent fire resists. Kill any ice portals you find (imo worst phase, but maybe because I get a huge fps drop off). If she gets to an ice portal use the pillars to line of sight her. Dps her down in her human phase. When she goes into her fire phase just run straight vertical or horizontal (don't turn or weave) and you will dodge about 90% of her attacks even without bonus movement speed (might want movement speed boots if you are a heavy armor wearer). If all else fails just get two or three people and the fight should be cake.
What's good is often forgotten, what's bad is often hidden.
Double post :/
What's good is often forgotten, what's bad is often hidden.
Last edited by Ravengyre on Jan 28, 2013, 12:37:25 PM
"
karmakill wrote:
"
Kabraxis wrote:
lol... just lol.

I give you advices how to kill her. If you cant kill her on normal you just suck. She is easy on normal lol... EOT.

Also you only ccomplaining and demending ners and you still dont post your gear, stats and build.
Without this i will not answering you again because there is nothing construdctive to answer - your post are childlish rants without real arguments.

L2P

/thread

i never demanded a nerf, all i said is that i think it needs a change, you didnt read probably, but ok, i did kill her on normal, but not alone, and if u can do it alone with a frost witch at 35, good for you then, and i did say i play a frost witch, no need to give u info on my entire build as that is irelevant, and my arguments were valid id say, not childish, i said that there is unavoidable dmg from an ability that just kills me in less time that i can heal, running is not possible as in that phase the boss moves faster then i can outrun, so the trick is to soak the dmg, this is how the ability is designed, wich i cannot without spending alot of respec points or go back and farm, or just go in a group, so then my PERSONAL opinion and feedback was that instead of having to do all that just give me 4 more things to dodge and make that dmg from that 1 ability survivable.

If you think your build is irrelevant, you're playing the wrong game.
Today I was fighting Piety for the first time on my HC character. She was tough and got me to like 25% life 2 or 3 times. I was using my decoy totem to distract her attention for a bit and at the same time hitting her from distance. I was able to defeat her which means she was not too hard as some people suggested here, at least from my point of view.

I also noticed she was staying in lazy mode for a few seconds sometimes which I don't know is a bug or intended behavior. It allowed me for some easy attacks which I think shouldn't happen.

Overall it was a good fight! I was convinced the act boss would be that guy from the OB trailer. :) I guess he will appear in Act 4 then.
Several messages in this thread have dismayed me. They tell this guy to "go back to D3," and otherwise cop an elitist attitude. Blizzard may or may not be a company for care bears, but from having read any number of ugly threads on the Blizzard forums, I have to say the worst thing about the Blizzard community is the behaviors that go on in the forums. Can we please try not to have that here? Pretty please?

Thank you.
"
Kokoro wrote:
Today I was fighting Piety for the first time on my HC character. I was using my decoy totem to distract her attention for a bit and at the same time hitting her from distance.

Fine for you. Do you now suggest, any build should aim to use totems and ranged attacks? Both abilities are not guaranteed for any class, nor should they be like 'mandatory' for every (viable) build...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
bingobill wrote:
"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Hi there, thanks for your feedback.
We're aware that there's an unfortunate overlap in Piety's lightning skillset, in that both the Ball Lightning skill and Arc excel at hitting multiple targets, thus being good aginst minion players.
We do intent to replace Arc with another lightning spell once we have time to make a new appropriate one, but for now have to work with what we have - the "Lightning Storm" (reskinned firestorm) skill was added the day before open beta, as my suggestion for something different we could do without having time to make new art assets or complicated skill code.
We're quite happy with how that one turned out as something different from the arc and ball lightning, but when we have time to plan out and create new skills for her to use, we'll be able to make both fights with Piety more varied by replacing Arc with something else that probably doesn't do best against small groups of enemies.

Please don't nerf piety....

I killed her on both cruel and normal without dying once so did my friend who is playing bow shadow. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that she is easier than vaal.

That guy doesnt know what he is talking about.
Piety on merciless instarapes 4000 health characters.
The only way to kill her solo is to have absurd defenses, absurd amounts of life, and over the cap resistances (a high leveled purity gem).
20k armor and usual resistances + 3000 health didnt do shit for me, she just raped my ass.

I made a video depicting the fight, i will upload it today, then you can see for yourself how ridiculous she is.
Last edited by gh0un on Jan 29, 2013, 7:07:08 AM
"
XDementia wrote:
Her portals can be destroyed, preventing her from morphing. If you have problems with one particular form focus on destroying the portals of said form before she uses them to morph.

Quoting myself because it feels like this info eludes many players. Granted I'm always in a party of 2, I'm pretty sure solo you can completely avoid her going in fire form if you react fast enough when the portals pop up.
Last edited by XDementia on Jan 29, 2013, 8:16:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info