Piety Out of Control

Piety was extremely hard when i just encountered her and she seemed to be impossible. But after fighting her for like 5 minutes i started to see her patterns and adapted accordingly with my Frost Witch.

I think her Energy Shield could be tweaked though. As a witch i could only do like 2-4% of her health away each time she was stunned between her form swaps. The thing that killed her you wonder? Her AI bugged out and she just stood still beside me allowing me to relentlessly pummel her with Frost Pulse.

Boss battle could use a LOT of tweaking to make it both genuinely challenging and fun.
"
The issue with the fight with Piety is that her Energy Shield regens far too fast. Its the same with General Grevicius.

Once you manage to get the Energy Shield down her health starts to drop at a decent rate but keeping the DPS up to keep the shield down solo is difficult when your also having to keep an eye on her portals and also the minions she summons and dodging her attacks.

It gets tricky.

If the regen rate on Piety and Grevicius were lowered slightly i think it would be much more manageable whilst also staying tough.

just use a dot skill, makes it much easier. viperstrike, puncture and firetrap are good contenders.
Note how all the DoTs are Dex skills. Maybe there's some room for improvement there...
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
the "Lightning Storm" (reskinned firestorm) skill was added the day before open beta, as my suggestion for something different we could do without having time to make new art assets or complicated skill code.

Please give Lighting Storm to us on a skill gem.
"
Rawrasawr wrote:
So I've been attempting to down Piety for the past hour and a half on cruel.

Necromancer/Totem User build.

She one shots all of my minions. Then will 3 shot me at 61% lightning resist.

I am about to have to burn a respec points just to down this fight. C'mon guys, we like challenging, but I have no chance in this fight.

Piety is a hard and challenging fight but you do have more than a fair chance as a necro.

Get all elemental resists up to 75%.
Make sure you (can) get out to renew your flasks. So have a portal up at all times.
Keep spamming skeletons (manually) on top of her, especially in between states when she's in human form.
Keep your totem going.
Avoid her abilities a much as possible.

"
Kushiele wrote:
Piety is a hard and challenging fight but you do have more than a fair chance as a necro.

Get all elemental resists up to 75%.
Make sure you (can) get out to renew your flasks. So have a portal up at all times.
Keep spamming skeletons (manually) on top of her, especially in between states when she's in human form.
Keep your totem going.
Avoid her abilities a much as possible.

I'll stick with this post to reply somethings... it basically keeps most of the issues.

First: I'm active in POE over 14 month now, I'm not a newb without any experience...

IMHO, in a 'normal' difficulty, it should not be mandatory to have 'perfect' gear. This stage should be balanced to be doable with some playing experience (which you shold have at the end of the diff) and average equipment.

Then - in a fight against a single bosstype enemy, you're only chance to handle with flasks is to use portals: I'dont really like that if its your only chance.

Not every class and build has access (strong enough or even at all) to 'support' skills like totems str only), defensive curses and traps (dex) or minions (int); even the most attack skills with degeneration effects are limited to dex builds... every way to go with a build should give you optionS(!) to choose from to conter any situation possible.

Nothing to say against challenges, but I dont want areas that need an hour just to cross them safe, or boss fights that need tactical manoevring for 30 minutes or even more... If I want to have such 'epic' timekilling frustrating experiences, I can go back to Shadowflare...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
When people say, they died in Normal once or even 9 times. I just can't understand that, makes me sad when people play POE like some FPS :P. For example: in @HC you need to plan every level up and gem use and items, to combine with. YOu have to out-level every new area, you enter.

Currently i am at the @Vaal Act 2 normal, Hardcore league, level 29 templar. I have been planing templar in closed beta for 3 months and since Open Beta. I spend 15 minutes of planing and skill swaping before entering new bigger area.

Thats' how committed you have to be in POE in order to do well in-game.

Best regards, Fary :)
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Jan 28, 2013, 7:56:17 AM
Her portals can be destroyed, preventing her from morphing. If you have problems with one particular form focus on destroying the portals of said form before she uses them to morph.
You can do that? Huh.

Regardless, a dev has said that right now she probably is too anti-minion.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Hi there, thanks for your feedback.
We're aware that there's an unfortunate overlap in Piety's lightning skillset, in that both the Ball Lightning skill and Arc excel at hitting multiple targets, thus being good aginst minion players.
We do intent to replace Arc with another lightning spell once we have time to make a new appropriate one, but for now have to work with what we have - the "Lightning Storm" (reskinned firestorm) skill was added the day before open beta, as my suggestion for something different we could do without having time to make new art assets or complicated skill code.
We're quite happy with how that one turned out as something different from the arc and ball lightning, but when we have time to plan out and create new skills for her to use, we'll be able to make both fights with Piety more varied by replacing Arc with something else that probably doesn't do best against small groups of enemies.

Please don't nerf piety....

I killed her on both cruel and normal without dying once so did my friend who is playing bow shadow. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that she is easier than vaal.
IGN:IGotABigStick

Shameless advertising:
Visit my hand picked rares item mall!
[url]http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/84021[/url]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info