Piety Out of Control

So I've been attempting to down Piety for the past hour and a half on cruel.

Necromancer/Totem User build.

She one shots all of my minions. Then will 3 shot me at 61% lightning resist.

I am about to have to burn a respec points just to down this fight. C'mon guys, we like challenging, but I have no chance in this fight.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Rawrasawr wrote:
So I've been attempting to down Piety for the past hour and a half on cruel.

Necromancer/Totem User build.

She one shots all of my minions. Then will 3 shot me at 61% lightning resist.

I am about to have to burn a respec points just to down this fight. C'mon guys, we like challenging, but I have no chance in this fight.

She's sexy

/thread
Don't do it - don't use the nerf word! :o
i am also having problems with this, its a shame that instead of making it difficult its just ridiculous, you cant dodge the "rogue" phase where she runs fast and stabs u, just moves faster then me, kills me in few hits, the only solution is to outlevel it by some or respec, both wich shouldnt be used just to kill a boss, also the frost arrows are "dodgeble" at some extend, u can get in between them if u are far enough, but the fast moving and stabbing is not difficult at all, just not survivable, even so if u move around to dodge everything as u should, you will never break the shield to actually do some dmg...so yeh, outgear and outlevel by 4 levels or smthin, use pots stay still and zerg, nice tactic!
oh and i play a frost witch.
The last boss of the currently last act in the game is hard. OH NO.

If it's that hard then team up with at least 1 other guy to draw attention from her half the time.
Path of PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
Last edited by Noobshock on Jan 27, 2013, 10:42:21 AM
I don't think piety is too hard.

I have max resists, I avoid her ice stage and hide behind an obstacle so I dont get chain freeze and her lightning when she jumps at me with fire chug potions and fight back. Also between every state she will be "exhausted" and you can go and lay the damages on her human form :).

IMO vaal was harder, especially that I'm melee that one hit KO just tears my face off.
IGN:IGotABigStick

Shameless advertising:
Visit my hand picked rares item mall!
[url]http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/84021[/url]
They need to give totems/summons resists. She isn't fun if you depend on adds to do damage for you.
one thing is a boss beeing difficult, taking strategy, and another is to be plain silly, basicly no matter how good you are, its just impossible to dodge attacks that kill me with the way i build my 35 witch alone, it wasnt that i was failing at anything, i was just dying when he went rogue, focused on taking the red zones out instantly still wasnt fast enough, and in order to respec the amount of points would be too much, yeh i did it in a party and was a joke, no one was moving from anything and there was a portal inside the room in case someone was dying, so my point is the difference in difficulty from a group and solo is colosal, at least in my case on this boss, also the last boss in act 1 i think, had no strategy no tactic, just a normal attack that if u wanted to dps down his shield, u had to stay till to cast, and die in the process from his frost attacks...had to buy frost resist rings for that, would be nice to orient bosses more on a strategy then "build and gear for it" ideea.
L2P.

She is fast? stack movement speed on boots and use Quicksilver flask.
Max your resist for survability.
Use terrain for your advantage (hide behind pillars).
Chug pot when she enters Fire Phase - you should have constant regen when she will hit you.
Attack her when she is in Human Form.

Shes hard but doable with knowing about your char and game mechanics.
Why you think that you first character in new game will kill everything with easy?
Maybe you screwed your build and you will not kill her. Period.

Or simpliest method - team up.

There is no need to nerf anything. This may be long fight that demends foicus but is doable.
And its a final boss - she should and she will be hard as fuck.

PS. I cant wait for she on some maps with some sick modifiers - it will be brutal lol.

"
one thing is a boss beeing difficult, taking strategy, and another is to be plain silly, basicly no matter how good you are, its just impossible to dodge attacks that kill me with the way i build my 35 witch alone, it wasnt that i was failing at anything, i was just dying when he went rogue, focused on taking the red zones out instantly still wasnt fast enough, and in order to respec the amount of points would be too much, yeh i did it in a party and was a joke, no one was moving from anything and there was a portal inside the room in case someone was dying, so my point is the difference in difficulty from a group and solo is colosal, at least in my case on this boss, also the last boss in act 1 i think, had no strategy no tactic, just a normal attack that if u wanted to dps down his shield, u had to stay till to cast, and die in the process from his frost attacks...had to buy frost resist rings for that, would be nice to orient bosses more on a strategy then "build and gear for it" ideea.

After reading this i must say this.. go back to D3 or whenever you come from - there is no need to nerf or redesign the game because you apparenlty cant play. Its not Bllzard m8 - nerfing on demand "because i quit' will not have place here.

Learn to Play, learn about game mechanics, learn how to make better another char, adapt and kill her. It can take some time... or quit because is not the game with instant gratification and facerolling last boss on second difficulty with you first screwed character. Thx.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Jan 27, 2013, 11:17:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info